Command Officer Examination

To: LCDR Sedai, K. ( @Katriel )
CC:
Subj: Command Officer Examination

Counselor,

I’ve prepared the necessary materials for your command officer examination. As you know, it will be separated into three parts: a written test, an oral test, and a practical holodeck test. The written and oral tests are assembled from a selection of questions that rotates each year, but will test the same general field of knowledge, which pertains to the operation of starships and starbases at the level of a commanding officer.

The practical holodeck test is by nature more difficult to prepare for. I recommend we get the written and oral test out of the way first so that you can direct your focus- after I grade these two parts, I can offer you recommendation as to which areas in your studies you should be most attentive to. If you’d like, I can also review your prior holodeck tests with you if you feel there’s anything left you can learn from them.

If you feel you’re ready, we can schedule the first two parts of the examination right away. Otherwise, you can take some more time to study.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

2 Likes

To: CAPT Varley
Subj: Re: Command Officer Examination

Good afternoon, Captain.

Thank you again for facilitating all of this for me. I have been reviewing for the written and oral components, so I am feeling prepared to take them at our earliest convenience.

I look forward to seeing you in the holodeck for the simulation component after that.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling

2 Likes

To: LCDR Sedai, K.
CC:
Subj: Re: Re: Command Officer Examination

Goodmorning.

I’ve finished grading the written test you completed yesterday, and I’m happy to report we can proceed to the final stage of the exam. I’ve reserved holodeck 7 for the test, you should see it pop up on your schedule soon.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

//ATTACHMENT// Sedai_Test_Results.con

2 Likes

To: LCDR Sedai, K.
CC: 38th.Command
Subj: Command Officer Examination

Lieutenant Commander Sedai,

You have completed your Command Officer Examination in its entirety. Your final outcome is:
PASS. Breakdown below:

WRITTEN COMPONENT: PASS (1 attempt)
Examinee demonstrates a satisfactory knowledge of ship systems, emergency procedures, and operational protocols consistent with what is expected of Starfleet bridge officers.

ORAL COMPONENT: PASS (1 attempt)
Examinee demonstrates a satisfactory capability to answer in-depth questions, on a timed basis, about operational situations without recourse to a computer system, reference, or outside assistance, consistent with what is expected of Starfleet bridge officers.

HOLOGRAPHIC COMPONENT: PASS (1 attempt)
Examinee demonstrates a satisfactory ability to promptly assume command of chaotic situations, manage personnel in a crisis, and arrive at conclusions that most mitigate loss in no-win-scenarios while maintaining the chain of command. Examinee is deemed capable of serving as Commanding Officer at the level of competence expected of Starfleet bridge officers.

You are now granted the ability to serve as commanding officer of the watch on a Starbase or Starship according to your posting and orders, inside or outside of emergency situations.

Congratulations.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

6 Likes