BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93070.8

zpglS1t.png
TO 38th\JAG
CC CAPT Freeman, Andre; CMDR Caspius
FROM CMDR Sivath
SUBJ Damaged Annatarran Drone Ship
4OB3P0J.png

DS13 engineering has taken possession of an Annatarran drone ship recovered by K-1406 task force. Drone was emitting SOS on Federation frequency, so task force diverted to render assistance, not realizing signal source was an automated probe. Reason for distress was damage to guidance systems inflicted by True Way hostiles using drone as bait. Although no report has yet been filed on resulting engagement, nontrivial damage to Federation vessels was sustained.

Annatari behaved irresponsibly in designing drone to call for help in this manner. With disclosure that craft was uncrewed, task force might have approached tactical engagement differently. Does JAG intend to pursue this? Engineering has performed only non-invasive diagnostic scanning thus far. Will wait for clearance before proceeding with any repairs.

//SIGNED//
Commander Sivath
Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13
8 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93072.5

zpglS1t.png
TO CMDR Sivath
CC CAPT Freeman; CMDR Caspius
FROM CMDR Aloran

SUBJ RE: Annatarran Drone Ship

While I believe the SOS call from the drone was too broad in scope for a simple guidance failure, this is certainly not the first time distress signals have been utilized in a nefarious manner. I don't see any action involving my office occurring from this. However, it would be prudent to put a report together for the Ambassador and her staff. Any changes to Annatarran procedure will have to be through Starfleet Diplomacy. A report of that nature would need a few solutions to the general SOS currently in use. I would suggest creating a duplicate drone and improving on the reporting ability. The original will need to be repaired and returned.

//SIGNED//
Commander Esca Aloran
Judge Advocate
38th Fleet
8 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 93111.9

zpglS1t.png
TO UFP\Annatar\AASA
CC CAPT Freeman, Andre
FROM CMDR Sivath
SUBJ Drone Ship Recovered
4OB3P0J.png

Starfleet is in possession of a damaged drone ship of Annatarran design, recovered in the vicinity of K-1406. The vessel's distress beacon was used by hostile forces to lure Starfleet ships into a trap. Drone can be held for pickup or destroyed, at your discretion. Please advise.

//SIGNED//
Commander Sivath
Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13
3 Likes
un0k73t.png
Stardate 93111.9

zpglS1t.png
TO CMDR Sivath
FROM <AASA Automated Response System>

The Annatar Aeronautic and Space Administration thanks you for your request.

Your query will be answered in the order it was received. Thank you and have a nice day!

----// END MESSAGE //----
6 Likes
un0k73t.png
Stardate 93116.8

zpglS1t.png
TO CMDR Sivath
CC CAPT Freeman
FROM <AASA>

Hello, Commander.

We will send an entourage to your station to pick up the damaged unit.

Thank you for your missive.

//SIGNED//
Annatar Aeronautics and Space Administration
3 Likes