Dec 29: The Crusade, part 8

KDF and allies have stopped the Breen from deploying their new super-weapon, but the weapon research facility still remains to be dealt with...

--

When: Saturday, Dec 29, Beta +1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
3 Likes
Important change:
due to RL obligations, I have to move this event to Sunday, Dec 30, Beta +1. Please comment below if you can make it. If majority of players can't make it, I'll have to reschedule the event for the next Saturday (Jan 5).

Sorry for the inconvenience!
I can make it Sunday.
I can make Sunday too!
Spoiler: Mission LogShow
[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Some 30ish minutes later, on the bridge of ATV Fortunate Fate, flagship of the Almavian Free Traders...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> After the KDF squadron parked their mostly damaged ships inside the massive cargo hold of the almavian cargo-hauler-turned-battleship, captains convene for a meeting...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *looks at the gathered folks with a happy expression on his face* I am honored to have you on my humble vessel. Your help to our cause will never be forgotten.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "I will say, you did a real good job with the refit here."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Bridge, like the hallways and other rooms on the way from the cargo hold, is large and spacious room, and dark similar to the klingon ships. If anyone did a short read on almavian datafiles, they

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - would know almavians are bat-like species that relies most on the sound, echolocation and prefer spacious open locations as they suffer from mild claustrophobia.

Lexi@crystyll makes note of a number of guards hiding in the corners

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around, taking the measure of the people who just stopped their star from being murdered.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: An unfortunate necessity of having to do business in a war-torn regions. One must be ready to defend themselves...when their own government turns on them.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, knowing that's a thing that happens.

[Tell] Plott DeVice@gulremal: scans of their ships show quite an impressive capabilities - ships made by the communist like goverment that didn't care about cutting cost and made really sturdy massive cargo -

[Tell] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -haulers, which in turn made them into even more dangerous capital ships. significant part of cargo space ad to be sacrificed to host military grade hardware, and you can note -

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Your people's government supports the Breen, right?"

[Tell] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - techs from multiple local species being implemented

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Yes, they surrendered without a single shot, fearing the fate that befell the D'rexian Planet States. This left the main trade hub, the Brionii colony, in tough situation as Breen overseers put an *

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - effective stop on our business, fearing outside influence. That's why most of the former Almavian Trade Union ship captains fled and formed the Free Traders.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: We spent decades as travelling caravan, supporting the rebels, and now with the alarian invasion we've managed to free our colony.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "That's a smart strategy. And now you're formally allied with the Alarians, or just mutually benefitting?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *grins* We knew alarians will eventually go to war against the breen, and in the last few years we had were negotaiting with their leadership the future of our colony. As of yesterday, -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - this system is a free trade zone - well, save for the breen, unless they make proper reparations for all the damage they've done. *sharp smile* We've kept quite...extensive accounts on that matter.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Well, they just tried t' pay ya back. Kinda."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Alarian Fiefdoms, Reklar Combines, Silonian Think Tank and D'rexian Exiles are supporting this deal.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *nods* I shiver at the thought of what could have happened if you didn't give us a timely warning.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Aside providing repairs to your vessels, is there anything else we can do to repay you?

Kayd@anncarise looks to the others, since their ships took most of the damage in the fighting.

Lexi@crystyll shrugs, "Repairs is about all I can think on right now"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Same."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Latinum don't do a dead cutter no good, and that's how we're likely t' end up if we don't get /fixed/ up before the Breen /show/ up again."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: That quite...humble of you. I am honored to provide you with a permanent 25% discount on our trade goods. I would shower you with riches, but this entire effort had exhausted most of our coffers.

Kayd@anncarise nods, "You'll need it to liberate your people from the Breen."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *nods* Situation got heated at the Almavia. It would seem that Thot Blek hired mercs from other Breen states, and they have locked the main Alarian invasion force. The alarians promised to send some vessels *

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - to help secure the system, but they haven't arrived. I guess Breen reinforcements were larger than expected.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods grimly.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: However, the breen you fought are not the part of this mercenary fleet, right?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We IDed them as Amoniri."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Hm, we thought alarians cleared breen forces to the galactic east...where did they come from?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We encountered them in the nebula, where sensors and warp were barely working."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Could they have been hiding in there the whole time?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd rubs his chin, and finally nods.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Maybe."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: We were never in position to explore that nebula. But it definitely sounds like a good if not a bit risky place to hide a fleet.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "And a testing ground for secret superweapons."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: However, breen mercenary force arrived from galactic North-west.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *sighs* I knew it was foolish to think that was the only weapon they had.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Word 'a advice - figure the other cutter's always got one more. Always."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Well, what are your plans? You are going to stop them from making more of these atrocities?

Egzo@HF_Mudd just nods.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: What needs to be done?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Well...we got a big mobile Breen facility in the middle of that nebula to take care of. It's got a carrier defending it."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We should be able to track it now, right?" she glances to Egzo

Lexi@crystyll looks between the pair

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "With that, uh, necklace stuck on it..."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Our 'guest' should be able to find it with her eyes closed."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Right, that necklace. So we got the mobile part covered, but our ships don't have the firepower to punch through their defences."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Fortunate Fate can transport you and provide covering fire. But I have a feeling we will need more fire-

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: OPS: Chief Manager, we are receiving a long distance hail...KDF signal-.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Ryll: Put them through.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins. Ask and you shall receive.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Main screen behind Ryll flickers and very weak visual of orion female's head appears. The sounds, however, is crystal clear.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C> This is captain Sadia Cynis, commander of KDF task force Hurq Mevik. Any and all KDF assets in the area, respond immediately.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Ryll: I guess she's looking for you. Be my guest... *moves aside*

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Somebody has impeccable timing..." she grins

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Indeed..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks to the Orions, then shrugs and speaks up. "Hey, Boss."

Egzo@HF_Mudd raises a hand in a typical half-salute.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Egzo? Finally! What's going on?

Kayd@anncarise lets Egzo handle the report.

Egzo@HF_Mudd clears his throat.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Good news, we're still here and so's the star. And the colony.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Locals stopped the Breen torpedo.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> They got a... (*pauses, looks around*) decent fleet, mostly converted freighters 'n such.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> But it won't stand up t' a proper Breen battle group.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> So I hope ya brought somethin' with a lotta guns.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Gonna need 'em. Soon.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Sadia> I'm heading towards your location with Daramar and two heavy cruisers. I just spoke with Berylia. She nuked that explosive mining facility on the ice planet, and is mustering her forces.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "She did? That...didn't cause any trouble, did it?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Sadia> She says her forces can't stay in that nebula due to some kind of radiation, so they'll regroup at Brionii and head to support their main invasion force.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Well, that planet is no longer capable of supporting any life at all.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuffs approvingly.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Right. Well, guess it's a good thing they're not stuck there at least."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Anyhow, breen will have to access to tekasite to boost those trilithium projectiles. Also, Berylia borrowed me a psychic to track that beacon you stuck to the breen research facility.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *have no

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <C-Sadia> I'm sending you coordintes near the entry to the nebula. Meet me there ASAP. Cynis out.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: <FX> Image on the screen flickers and dies.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Ryll: Well, that settles it then. We'll carry you over and fight as promised.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Ryll: Main repairs should be complete before we reach the gathering point.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *turns around and starts shouting orders*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Some hours later, ATV Fortunate Fate, carrying KDF raider squadron, reaches the meetup point. There, task force flagship IKS Daramar awaits, flanked by a Vor'cha battlecruiser and a Corsair -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - flight deck cruiser. Captains are in their ships, who have undergone rapid repairs, fixing most of the damage.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <FX> Holo-coms are established...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Damn am I glad to see you folks.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Same here, Captain Cynis. We could use the Daramar for what we're up against."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "They've got a carrier, and that's just the patrol for that base."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> After all the crap in the Aldebaran sector with the Azedi, fighting breen is a welcome refreshment.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* A tough nut to crack, eh?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *<C-Sadia>

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Yeah, but nothin' we ain't used to.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hells, we gave 'em a good bloodyin' with just what we had.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Not enough gun to finish it, though.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Wait, you guys went against the Breen carrier?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Tried!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Didn't have a lot of options.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "We thought we could take it down if we hit it by surprise. Thinned out its fighter compliment a bit, but it quickly overwhelmed us."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Well that's a story for the next promotion celebration. Can we count on the element of surprise?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "I imagine they'd be expecting us after our last attack, but they wouldn't know where and when we'd hit again, or with how much reinforcements."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> The tracker person says the signal is moving towards galactic north at low warp. Their trajectory is fairly simple, I guess they are trying to leave the nebula and head deeper into breen -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - space, where the main Amoniri forces are regrouping.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "They're probably on alert, but we can still surprise them. Especially since they probably don't know we can track them."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> *nods* Any other defenses we know of?

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks down at the rugged KDF tablet that his cousin Kem presents him, scrolls briefly through it, then nods and hands it back.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "The Widrab scientist that sabotaged the Breen claimed the base's got good defenses. We saw about a dozen turrets when we scouted it out, not to mention their star-killer bombs."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Not as effective when it's not hitting a star, but it's still a torpedo you wouldn't want to be in the path of."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> In that case, we'll have to count on you guys to take them out before they reach us heavies.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Well, you folks have a first hand experience in dealing with these guys. What's your plan how to deal with this?

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: generally, we have daramar, vor'cha IKS K'pon, corsair flight deck cruiser OSS Vilad, Heras and Bara.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: aside from your ships

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Now that we have the firepower, we probably want to get rid of the carrier first. Prevent it from launching all its fighters if we can, if not then losing the big ship should disorient them."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Smaller ships can deal with the fighters when they launch, and Kayeri'll try to keep them and the torpedoes off you with our usual support tactics."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: <C-Sadia> Shall we engage them within the nebula, or somewhere in the open?

Egzo@HF_Mudd considers, listening to the others, and makes his decision.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> We're goin' in.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: -- SCENE END --
2 Likes