DS13 Engineering - Vincennes repair request

To: DS13 Engineering < @siskofan1991 >
Subj: USS Vincennes repair work request

Per the authorisation of our XO who’s in temporary command, I’m putting in a request for repairs to USS Vincennes.

The old girl suffered considerable damage during the Betreka Nebula rescue operation yesterday. My team’s restored partial main power and patched-up the nacelle, so there will be no towing required thank you, but we sustained multiple minor hull breaches from shrapnel while unshielded that would benefit from the attention of your dedicated facilities. Additionally, while we’ve managed to reconstruct the shields, we are struggling to maintain them; I suspect an overload somewhere in the aft-port-side covariant grid, but it’s hard to evaluate while in-transit.

Finally, I’d prefer if our port nacelle and its associated EPS conduits got a once-over by a proper dock team before we start employing it long-haul again. There’s a difference between “good enough to limp home” and “maximum warp to a new mission”, after all, 'specially with that many watts of plamsa energy flowing through them.

We’ll be remaining at DS13 until repairs are complete, so you can slot the old girl in whenever you’re ready. Hopeful Cap’n will be up and about by then.

Thanks!

//SIGNED//
Bytra Fodd
Chief of Engineering,
USS Vincennes

//ATTACHMENT// 99329.9-damagereport.doc

6 Likes

To: LT CMDR Fodd, Byrta (Chief of Engineering) (@FruitOfTheLum)
CC: DS 13 Engineering/Shipyards
Subj: Re: USS Vincennes repair work request

Commander, please tell your XO that dock 7 is currently open and ready to receive your ship for the duration of her repairs. I’ll also see to it that the staff in the yards begins carrying out your requests immediately. Any diagnostics or reports your one people have made that could be forwarded to them would make our work more faster and more efficient. You can simply send them to me and I’ll see it forwarded to the correct people. I can’t give you an exact timetable on your repairs but expect it to take several weeks. If you or your superiors have any questions they are always welcome to contact me. Until then, good luck with your future endeavors.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander T’Pemi Carter
Chief Engineer
Deep Space Thirteen

4 Likes

To: LT CMDR Carter, T’Pemi < @siskofan1991 >
Subj: RE: Re: USS Vincennes repair work request

Thanks Commander. I’ll let the XO know and we’ll hopefully dock shortly.

I’m attaching the most recent L1 diagnostics of all critical and non-critical systems. Only one that’s throwing me is the shield grid problem; computer can’t find an error. Everything else is standard for this kind of damage.

Cap’n’s not up yet but don’t imagine she’ll be thrilled about being laid-up for weeks. I know how things go and how COs can get, but if my team can help yours let me know. None of us will exactly be taking any shore leave until the old girl’s back to full strength again anyway!

//SIGNED//
Bytra Fodd
Chief of Engineering,
USS Vincennes

//ATTACHMENTS//

• 99336.5-L1-WarpFacilities-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-NEWPHASERS-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-TorpedoLaunch-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-NEWshieldcov-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-Fusion-Imp(COMBINED-FOR-EFFICIENCY)-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-CompC-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-BussardNEW-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-ENVIRONMENTAL-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-EPS-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-Rec-diag-FODDNOTE-INC-HOLOS.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-FODDSPECIAL-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-scilabs-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-LATERAL-sensors-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-NEWSENSORPALLET-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-SensorPallet-Aux-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-sauc-sen-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-EMERGENCY(+PODS)-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-ALPHA-bridge-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-BETA-bridge-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-defarray-diag.sys
  • 99336.5-L1-legacysys-diag.sys
2 Likes

To: LT CMDR Fodd, Byrta (Chief of Engineering) (@FruitOfTheLum)
Subj: Re: USS Vincennes repair work request

Cheers, Commander!

//SIGNED//
Chief Engineer
Deep Space Thirteen

2 Likes

Subj: RE: RE: Re: USS Vincennes repair work request

Dear Commander Carter,

I’m keen to receive an update on the status of repairs to Vincennes. I’m sure your team is facing challenges, but I’m facing challenges of my own - namely, a chief engineer assaulting one ear, and a captain assaulting the other!

Having an estimated time of completion would give me some ammunition to fire at them both, and perhaps preserve some of my sanity!

Many thanks,

//SIGNED//
Kelly Bastion
Executive Officer,
USS Vincennes

1 Like

Subj: RE: RE: RE: Re: USS Vincennes repair work request

Commander Carter,

I’d first like to thank you and your team for the wonderful job you’ve all done on repairing USS Vincennes after she received considerable damage over a month ago.

I’d like to schedule a meeting with you as soon as possible to discuss why Vincennes remains in DS13’s drydock without a clear estimated time of departure.

//SIGNED//
Captain Rebecca Meadows
Commanding Officer,
USS Vincennes

To: CAPT Meadows, Rebecca (@FruitOfTheLum)
CC: CMDR Bastion, Kelly (Executive Officer)
Subj: RE: RE: RE: Re: RE: USS Vincennes repair work request

Captain, Commander, I apologize for not responding sooner, my spam filter seemed to incorrectly catch your last message and I did not notice until now.

Captain, I would be more than happy to meet you soon to discuss repair progress, I am usually most available before Alpha Shift as I spend most afternoons in meetings of one sort or another.

//SIGNED//
Chief Engineer
Deep Space Thirteen

1 Like

Subj: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: USS Vincennes repair work request

Commander Carter,

My thanks, but there is no need for an apology. I’m only concerned, nothing more!

I’ll be available during Alpha Shift for the foreseeable future. Let me know when you’re free and I will be available.

Thanks,

//SIGNED//
Captain Rebecca Meadows
Commanding Officer,
USS Vincennes

To: CAPT Meadows, Rebecca (@FruitOfTheLum)
CC:
Subj: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: RE: USS Vincennes repair work request

Captain, I am still willing to meet if you wish, but I am sending this to inform you that the Vincennes repairs are complete and you are free to take her out of dock at your connivence. If you do not want to meet, I wish you fair winds in your travels.

//SIGNED//
Chief Engineer,
Deep Space Thirteen

3 Likes

Subj: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: USS Vincennes repair work request

Commander Carter,

I’m delighted to hear this!

Please pass along my thanks to your team. However long it took, they’ve done fantastic work - the old girl hasn’t looked so new since her last major refit. Thank you for looking after her in my absence.

My crew is eager to get underway, so I see no need to delay with an in-person meeting at this moment in time.

However, I would unofficially (and will not be making such remarks in any official reports - this is purely between you and I) propose a review of your processes. A significant Starfleet asset - a Galaxy-class starship and her considerable and experienced crew - has been kept out-of-service for far longer, I would argue, than was strictly necessary. We are fortunate that we find ourselves in a time of (relative) peace, so I doubt the delay has cost the Federation, Starfleet, the 38th Fleet, or our allies anything other than a minor logistical inconvenience on this particular occasion.

Were this delay to have taken place during a major conflict, though, it may have cost us more than the sanity of my first officer and chief engineer. Of course, it’s always preferable that such lessons be learnt the easy way, than the hard way.

From one engineer to another, though, I look forward to a chance to meet with you again in future.

//SIGNED//
Captain Rebecca Meadows
Commanding Officer,
USS Vincennes

1 Like

To: CAPT Meadows, Rebecca (@FruitOfTheLum )
CC:
Subj: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: RE: USS Vincennes repair work request

Captain, I apologize for my delayed response but until recently I was enjoying R&R on Risa with the rest of the fleet. As for your suggestion I will take it under advisement, however I should not that if there were a time of war the situation would have been quite different. I served in these very shipyards as a Jr officer during the height of the Iconian War. Are you familiar with the concept of “meatball surgery” captain? If not I suggest you look it up. Now imagine that, but with Starships. Had it been necessary, we would have done that with you vessel.

I tell you this not to be cheeky but to reassure you our processes are sound. However, as ever, we are always open to feedback and should adjustments need to be made to our processes, they will be implemented.

I wish you and your crew fair winds in the coming journey.

//SIGNED//
Chief Engineer,
Deep Space Thirteen

2 Likes