Enemies Once, And More... (SFK RP)

"Enemies Once, And More..."

1_zps104e7e6f.png

On an open grassy field, scattered with rubble and flame. A light smoke filled the air with a forest standing in the back drop. The bright sun beamed down as there was a loud distinct sound of metal clashing with metal. General Wrot'Ka used his bat'leth to deflect an unusual sword from an unknown enemy. With one more quick fluid motion, Wrot'Ka finished his opponent.

From the side, a screaming Samurai sprinted towards the General. Their blades smash against each other in a beautiful display of their skills. The bulky Klingon forced the tip of the Samurai sword to the dirt, he followed this by driving his elbow into the face of the human. With his attacker off balance, Wrot'Ka twirled and drove his bat'leth into the back of the Samurai's leg and brought him to the ground. The skilled Klingon warrior quickly raised his bat'leth high and drove it into the chest of his enemy.

Without warning, two more opponents sprinted at Wrot'Ka, one was a Klingon while the other was a Vulcan. Both swung their sharp weapons as they tried to defeat the General. He blocked, kicked, punched, and head-butted his enemies. Before Wrot'Ka was able to eliminate the attackers, an unknown large alien charged with a giant axe. Swinging his bat'leth, and striking when he could, the General did his best to hold his enemies at bay. He decapitated the Vulcan and blocked a powerful strike from the aliens axe. Two more aliens, a Nausicaan and a Trill, entered the fray.

Battling four enemies proved to much, a blade entered through Wrot'Ka's back and protruded out through his stomach. There was a noise nearby that did not fit the scene, it went mostly unnoticed by Wrot'Ka who was dealing with having been mortally wounded. The General quickly gripped the blade protruding from his belly and prevented the attacker from pulling it out. He snapped his head backwards and drove his skull into the face of the nameless alien and followed it with a strong mule kick to the aliens groin area.

With both hands back on his bat'leth, the General returned to defending himself from the others when a voice called out from the side. "Computer, freeze program." With his training stopped, Wrot'Ka pulled the holographic blade in his gut out from the side and dropped it to the ground. The General turned around, sweating and out of breath, he saw Lady Karana standing in the archway of the holodeck. Wrot'Ka tried to speak but was to out of breath. Karana decided to make conversation, "I see you have started using the safety protocols for your training." She looked down at the blade that had pierced the head of her House. "A wise move."

"To die in combat is honorable," Wrot'Ka was slowly regaining his breath as he brushed the sweat off his ridges, "to die in combat against a hologram is not."

Lady Karana nodded. If she was here she had important information, she would not bother him otherwise. She was the only other surviving member of the house of Wrot'Ka, a mate to the General's now dead brother. She was a skilled warrior and a trained officer, but her duties were that of an aid to the General. "We have received two distress calls... and an unusual message. All have been relayed to us from the High Council who wishes us to handle it. No doubt, it is due to your Nobel status as a skilled ambassador to the Romulans." Lady Karana informed Wrot'Ka of this as she picked a towel off the ground and handed it to him. She also picked up his baldric and the General's battle decorated shoulder sash and held onto them.

The General shot her a look as he took the towel. "What is the nature of the distress calls?" He asked.

"One is from a Klingon ship." Karana explained. "The other... requires you to see it to believe it."

With a curious look on his face he began to leave the holodeck. Walking with Karana he asked, "And the 'unusual' message?"

Karana, with obvious confidence and her usual cold tone replied, "That also falls into a category of you needing to read it to believe for yourself."

As the two rode the lift to the bridge of the Lukara II Lady Karana handed the General his baldric and battle decorations. He managed to put them on just before the doors opened. As they entered the bridge Karana shouted, "Bridge, attention!" The bridge crew jumped to attention but Wrot'Ka gave a dismissive hand wave to put them back to work. He proceeded over to one of the computer stations.

Colonel Bur and the ships designated android, who Wrot'Ka refused to name as it was nothing more than a machine, stood near the console as a random Orion operated it.

"General," Colonel But spoke calmly. As the ships First Officer Bur was experienced enough to maintain his composure in any situation. "The High Command has just forwarded us a rather unique situation. At 0252 hours, the Empire detected a distress call directed towards Imperial territory. The origin of the distress signal comes from the Moret Kingdom."

Wrot'Ka, slightly confused, asked bluntly, "Moret Kingdom?"

The female android spoke up. Like all androids, she had a plethora of knowledge on nearly every topic. "The Moret Kingdom is located 10.4 parsecs off of Imperial territory, on the opposite side of our border with the United Federation of Planets. In the Year of Kahlass 638 (2012 AD) the Klingon Empire first encountered the Moret Kingdom. Ruled by one race, the Morets, over half a dozen inhabited planets reside within the Moret Kingdom. Upon first contact, both the Empire and the Kingdom were expanding their respective territories and thus hostilities ensued. A war between the Klingon Empire and the Moret Kingdom lasted for 14 years before both sides agreed to a cease-fire. Under the conditions of the cease fire, neither government was allowed to possess territory or travel within 10 parsecs of the other. This was decided given that neither side had gained ground and both the Empire and the Kingdom considered each other honorable warriors. The Klingon Empire and the Moret Kingdom have not had contact with each other since the end of the war 384 years ago, neither side has violated the peace agreement out of respect for both sides being an honorable warrior society."

Clearly not wanting a history lesson, Wrot'Ka gave his android an annoyed look before returning his attention to Colonel Bur. "Why would they send us a distress call then?"

"It appears the Moret Kingdom is fighting a loosing war against an alien race we have not yet encountered." Bur explained in a monotone voice. "The distress signal indicated that they have already lost half of their member worlds and that their space fleet is decimated. They are requesting assistance... specifically from us." The General remained quiet yet showed a wide eyed response. One does not expect an old enemy, for whom no contact has been had with in nearly 4 centuries, to suddenly request help. The Colonel continued, "The High Command authorized a combat team of ships to enter the 'Demilitarized Zone'(the 10 parsec buffer) to investigate. Of the 3 Imperial ships we have sent, 2 were destroyed and the last one is heavily damaged. It sent out a distress call. It is currently surrounded by ships of this unknown alien race at war with the Moret Kingdom. These aliens call themselves the Reltin Union... and they are the one who sent us the message, General."

Wrot'Ka rubbed his ridges briefly, "A ransom? Have they declared war on us as well?"

Colonel Bur straightened his posture and took a deep breath. "They sent an apology."

"What!?" Wrot'Ka didn't understand.

The General's first officer explained, "They believed the ships to have belonged to the Moret Kingdom and attacked. Once they realized the distress signal sent was not in a language that is spoken in the Moret Kingdom they realized they had made an error. They have since assisted in repairing the remaining Imperial ship and have also provided medical attention to it's crew. However... they have decided to claim the 'Demilitarized Zone' as part of their territory that they have rightfully won from the Morets. They have requested to meet with representatives of the Empire to discuss terms and conditions of this space as well as return our vessel to us."

General Wrot'Ka stood there quietly as his officers around him waited for a response. He wasn't exactly sure how to handle this situation. Clearly they had attacked us, but that was an accident. Now they want territory right off our border. And who is the Reltin Union? Why have they gone to war with the Morets? "Notify the Strike Force." Wrot'Ka ordered. "I want all available ships as a show of force. Helm! Set course for our disabled ship. Warp 7."

[OOC]

This will be a SFK story arc that is scheduled to last approximately 3 weekends. It will run at our usual 8:30pm EST on Saturday night RP slot. It will be more diplomatic than what most are used to. More rules/guides will be posted so that maximum participation during events is reached.

This will present to us a situation that will require more than just a sharp blade and powerful torpedo. All individuals are encouraged to participate as their input and observations will be crucial.

This will also have an open ending. The direction SFK members take it will dictate 1 of the 6+ possible outcomes.
4 Likes
"Enemies once and more..." part 1.5

In one of the hallways in the Great Hall a muffled murmur could be heard. A female Orion and female Nausicaan walked beside each other down the hallway as the mumbling grew louder to their ears. It sounded like two people yelling at each other from behind closed doors. Both women paused at one of the doors to listen. Just as they did, there was a loud crash with what sounded like a table being punched in half and glass shattering. The sound jolted both women; they decided to not stick around as they could hear both individuals still arguing behind the door.

"That is a lie!" General Wrot'Ka shouted.

"You were supposed to meet with the Moret Royal Family..." The other Klingon, Ambassador Rach'ten, was arguing back. Both Klingons were speaking over each other clearly enraged by the other. Nearby lay a flipped heavy table with a broken 3D chessboard smashed on the floor.

"I will!" Wrot'Ka exclaimed.

"No... no, not you will... you were supposed to already!" Ambassador Rach'ten scolded the General. They were both diplomats though Rach'ten was the superior. However, Wrot'Ka is a General and it could easily be argued that the situation was a military matter. As neither could decide who was truly in command of this situation they took to the good old fashioned Klingon way of chest thumping, yelling, threats of violence, flipping furniture, and serious insults thrown about.

Wrot'Ka paused for a moment, clearly angered, as he wondered if the Ambassador had heard a word he has said thus far. "My base was under attack! We needed time to repair, and the supplies we needed for the expedition went to restoring the base and treating the wounded."

Wrot'Ka had not even finished his explanation when Rach'ten had already started mocking him with fake laughs. "Ah, yes. Attacked! Attacked by our own people."

"That is correct!" Wrot'Ka shouted in Rach'ten's face. "If you do not believe me, perhaps I could have the remains of my dead Warriors brought here and stuffed in this veQ office of yours."

There was silence in the room. Neither Klingon was willing to further politicize the death of Imperial Warriors, neither were of that low quality to dishonor the dead in such a way. Speaking much more calmly now, Rach'ten stated, "That still does not explain why you returned to FOB: Kargas."

"I told you already!" The General raised his voice, though it was certainly not at the volume it was just moments ago. "We were not prepared for the situation with the Reltin Union and Moret Kingdom. This is a much more prolonged expedition than we foresaw, I ordered my ships to return and stock up on necessary supplies to sustain ourselves through the remainder of the situation."

"You of all people should know better! Why were your ships not prepared prior to starting their mission!?" Ambassador Rach'ten's question was valid. "And even if you did require more supplies, why travel all the way to FOB: Kargas? There are several other bases your people could have used that would have reduced your travel time by days."

Wrot'Ka folded his arms across his chest as he spoke, "My ships are always ready! We had the standard combat and medical load, but the situation requires much more than that. If something were to happen and my ships came under fire and we were locked into a long term battle engagement we would have no one to rely on but ourselves. The situation in, and past, the Demilitarize Zone is far more serious than anyone realized. And I will not foolishly squander the lives of my warriors... that is why we returned to Kargas. And why would I stop at another base!? Our own people just tried to destroy my forward operating base and tried to kill me! If I got supplies else ware I'd be likely to have the torpedoes explode in the launchers or the medical supplies be expired!"

"You will arrange a meeting with the Moret Royal Family immediately." Rach'ten was clearly giving an order.

"Do you know why I am challenged so?" Wrot'Ka asked his rhetorical question to the Ambassador. "I have conquered more territory for the Empire than any other currently serving commander." This was an accurate statement. "I've brought more victories against the Federation than any other Klingon alive!" This may not have been entirely true, but it sounded good. "I am better. Better at tactics, better at strategy, better at war... better at everything! And so I am challenged every time I turn around. Yet, at every challenge I prove myself." The General pointed at the other Klingon, "One day, Rach'ten, there will come a time when no Klingon dare challenge me."

The Ambassador just stood there. It was difficult to tell if he was intimidated or unimpressed. He repeated his last command, "Arrange a meeting with..."

Before he could finish, Wrot'Ka spun away from him, "I have already arranged the meeting!"

Rach'ten, annoyed that his office had to be destroyed just to learn that Wrot'Ka had already done what he called him here to do. He made a shoeing motion with his left hand, "Then be gone."

As Wrot'Ka began to exit he stopped near the door and pointed to an elegant handmade model on a shelf at chest height. "Is that..."

Rach'ten got a large smile on his face. "THAT is a perfectly scaled exact replica of the old D-7 warpcore. I assembled it myself. I have several others, they each take many..." Wrot'Ka only cared if it was important to him. Hearing that it was, the General reached up and smacked it off the shelf. The delicate model smashed into a hundred pieces on the floor. Rach'ten began swearing and screaming at Wrot'Ka, but the General just walked out the door and away.

As he was leaving the Great Hall, Wrot'Ka was joined by his aid, Lady Karana of the House of Wrot'Ka, and Staff Sergeant F'sot, his Ferasan body guard, they had not even exited the Great Hall when a small group approached them. "My Lord, the Strike Force reports that..." She was interrupted by the approaching group.

"I see you are still alive. I hear that tiny base of yours was badly damaged though." It was General Mathet of Strike Force: Sarpek. He and Wrot'Ka had never gotten along. Mathet's group stopped to laugh at Wrot'Ka and his subordinates.

Surprisingly, General Wrot'Ka remained rather stoic. "Was it you? Were you behind the attack, Mathet?"

"What if I was!?" Mathet stopped to look at his assembled Officers who laughed with him. "What is the Ambassador to Romulus going to do about it?" He laughed and turned to his Officers who, once again, shared his laughter.

Wrot'Ka quickly walked over to Mathet. Their chests were nearly touching when he stopped. "I would kill you in front of your warriors and then drag your body through First City to show all of Qo'noS what happens to cowards who attempt to dishonor me." There was a brief silence before Wrot'Ka added, "Say the wrong thing."

Mathet got a snarled look upon his face as he looked Wrot'Ka up and down. "You wouldn't dare insult..." before his words could find their end Wrot'Ka shoved Mathet with such force that Mathet flew backwards and landed on his rear. It turned out that Mathet saying anything was saying the wrong thing.

As soon as this happened, a crowd formed a circle around the two warriors. Wrot'Ka just stood there, calm. Mathet, embarrassed, quickly got up and drew out his D'k tahg, the snapping noise of the two smaller side blades popping out made this official; this was a challenge. Wrot'Ka drew his D'k tahg but held it vertical in front of him for a moment before flipping it at the feet of Mathet where it clanged against the metal floor and skittered a short distance. There was an audible gasp from the crowd. This was considered a severe insult. One could equate it to allowing an opponent to have the first strike, but that would be vastly under stating this act. It represented that Wrot'Ka acknowledged this was a challenge, but that the bald Klingon did not take Mathet seriously and considers him too weak to need a weapon to kill.

Mathet slowly started to circle Wrot'Ka who stood casually in the center of the circle that had formed. Wrot'Ka did not even bother to turn to face Mathet as he circled him. Mathet would only strike from the front, to do otherwise would be deemed cowardly and would only serve to sour any victory attained from it. Wrot'Ka's nose scrunched as an angered look gradually grew on his face as this challenge came closer to erupting.

Mathet made smooth short cutting motions in front of him to intimidate Wrot'Ka. Finally, Mathet took several large swings with the D'k tahg. He sliced the air, and nothing more, as Wrot'Ka dodged each swing. Wrot'Ka eventually reached out and grabbed Mathet by the wrist and controlled his blade from being a threat. The leader of Kargas then took to punching Mathet in the face before releasing his grip. Mathet returned with another flurry of swings, one of which cut Wrot'Ka's arm, another narrowly missing his face. The act of dodging the strikes left Wrot'Ka slightly off balance, Mathet then used his momentum to back Wrot'Ka into a pillar. Mathet tried to drive his D'k tahg into Wrot'Ka, but the bald Klingon was able to hold the blade away.

Suddenly, instead of holding him off, Wrot'Ka pulled the blade to him and allowed it to pierce him just below the collar bone. Wrot'Ka let out a warrior’s cry of pain, but he then used his hand to hold the blade in place. With his other hand, Wrot'Ka reached up and shoved his thumb into the eye of Mathet.

Mathet tried pulling Wrot'Ka's thumb from his eye but he could not break the grip. The Klingon began to let out a scream of pain, he tried to pull the D'k tahg free from Wrot'Ka's body but wasn't able to as Wrot'Ka held it in place. He had to let go to get both hands up to his face to protect his eye. Once he did, Wrot'Ka immediately let go of the eye and stomped, hard, on the outside of Mathet's knee and drove him to the floor.

Wrot'Ka pulled the D'k tahg from his body and then gripped Mathet by his dreadlocks. With Mathet kneeling and his head held in place, Wrot'Ka drove Mathet's own D'k tahg into Mathet's throat. Still gripping the dying Klingon's dreadlocks, Wrot'Ka gave a vicious tug to drive the blade up to hilt. The point of the D'k tahg was now protruding from the back of Mathet's neck. In an act of true brutality, the General tore the blade out through the side of Mathet's neck. It was nearly half a beheading. Wrot'Ka let Mathet fall face first to the cold metallic floor as blood quickly pooled around the soon to be dead Klingon.

Wrot'Ka wiped the D'k tahg off on Mathet's body and then placed it in his own sheath. This was another insult, but this one was towards Mathet's blood line. Wrot'Ka would keep the D'k tahg as a trophy. Wrot'Ka looked around the circled group. "Let it be known, I will no longer entertain myself by simply defeating challengers. Now... I will start inflicting further punishment. As Mathet was the leader of Strike Force: Sarpek, his unit shall suffer another loss... as compensation for wasting my time." The General looked to the officers of Strike Force: Sarpek, "Choose."

A Ferasan in their group spoke up, "We will pay no such penance. Least of all to you!"

Wrot'Ka stood there, the crowd waiting for his reaction. In a flash, like a cowboy from Earth's wild west, Wrot'Ka had unholstered his disruptor and fired from the hip. In his last second, the Ferasan let out an ear-piercing screech before being vaporized. As he slowly returned his ornate disruptor to his holster the General pointed at his D'k tahg, the one he discarded at the onset of the challenge, and looked at one of the female Klingons from Strike Force: Sarpek "Bring it to me."

She hesitated at first, but after thinking about how General Wrot'Ka had slayed her General and vaporized one of her fellow Officers she decided it would be best to do what she is told. She picked up the D'k tahg and walked over to Wrot'Ka. She cautiously put out her hand to return the blade, but Wrot'Ka would not take it.

"Kneel." That was the only word Wrot'Ka said, and he said it with a very calm yet authoritative voice. The woman was confused at first and quickly embarrassed. She briefly looked around to see the ever growing assembly of onlookers who did nothing to curb Wrot'Ka's actions.

Unbeknownst to most, Chancellor J'mpok had actually walked up to the rear of the crowd and was watching this display. He simply stood there and watched it all unfold. It is not possible to tell if the Chancellor approved or disapproved of Wrot'Ka's actions. It was clearly a display of authority. Some would respect it, some would fear it, others would reject it.

"Kneel." Wrot'Ka repeated and the woman slowly did so. As she knelt before Wrot'Ka she lowered her head and raised the D'k tahg up for him to take. As he took it from her hands, he gripped her hair and quickly sliced off a large chunk of braids. The female Klingon quickly stood up and stumbled backwards in shock. Still the crowd did nothing. Wrot'Ka raised the handful of hair to his face and took a strong sniff while closing his eyes as he embraced the scent of the woman before harshly discarding the braids onto the floor. He locked eyes with the angered and dishonored woman, "That is a mark on your honor that will eventually heal. I suggest you lead your people wisely before they cross me again... and I leave a mark from which there is no healing." The General then turned and walked off, the crowd parting for him. Not a whisper was uttered as Wrot'Ka walked off.

Later, on the shuttle ride back to the I.K.S. Kargas, Wrot'Ka's flag ship, the group of officers that accompanied Wrot'Ka traveled through the elaborate sky traffic to orbit above Qo'noS.

Lady Karana piloted the shuttle with the aid of Colonel Bur, both Klingons were accustomed to traveling by shuttle as Wrot'Ka hated using the transporter. The General sat in his seat across from SSG F'sot. Sergeant Major Gor’aw, Wrot'Ka's senior Non-Commissioned Officer and trusted friend, stumbled through the shuttle with a mug in his hand. Gor’aw was often drunk, and he appeared no different now as he sung to himself as he struggled to walk to the front of the shuttle. As he neared, he tripped and spilt some of his alcohol down Karana's back.

"Go sit down!" Karana shouted at the drunken Klingon as she continued to adjust the controls to the shuttle in the busy traffic.

"Don't you worry about me." The drunken Gor’aw said. "You just keep your EYE on the controls." He let out a bellow of a laugh, clearly mocking the fact that Karana had only one eye.

"I will kill you were you stand!" She shouted back.

As this exchange occurred, Wrot'Ka held Mathet's D'k tahg in his hands and studied the engravings. His Ferasan spoke up, "You should not have done that."

Wrot'Ka looked up. F'sot was very disciplined; it was unusual for him to speak in such a way. He knew that the Ferasan meant no disrespect so he entertained the conversation. "He wanted the challenge. He earned his death."

"No." F'sot said back, "I meant waiting, General. You should have just killed him immediately rather than let him insult you further."

Wrot'Ka said nothing at first. Eventually he spoke, "Sometimes one must let the situation develop... allow your enemy to make the first mistake, and then you act." In his mind, the General quickly drew a comparison of the to the situation with the Reltin Union and Moret Kingdom. He wondered if subconsciously he was allowing the situation to develop further before acting. Was this the underlying reason why he ordered his ships back to FOB: Kargas?

The Ferasan understood. He was also a skilled warrior, but he had learned much under Wrot'Ka's tutelage. It was a tremendous learning experience for him to constantly be at the General's side. "Perhaps... killing the Ferasan was excessive."

Wrot'Ka looked up at F'sot as the Sergeant Major and Karana continued to bicker. "It was necessary."

F'sot didn't think before he responded, "To demonstrate your brutality?" It wasn't meant as an insult.

Wrot'Ka shot him a look, he knew the Ferasan was not intending to insult him but was genuinely curious. "To demonstrate my mercy." His words hung in the air as F'sot thought about them for a moment. Had Wrot'Ka not killed the Ferasan then hostilities between the two Strike Forces would have continued, Wrot'Ka would have been disrespected, and warriors would continue to die as they would ultimately engage in further battles against each other. Killing that Ferasan there and then demonstrated that Wrot'Ka would no longer allow any one, or any unit, to challenge him. Dishonoring them would have one of two results; either nothing would change and Kargas and Wrot'Ka will continue to be challenged or the challenges will stop after the lengths at which Wrot'Ka will go quickly spread through the rumor mill.

The lessons learned on this day by F'sot were important. Avenge the fallen, challenge all who insult you, allow your enemy to make the first mistake, and a lack of mercy may lead to the end of a conflict. The Ferasan wondered how the General would apply these lessons when dealing with the situation between the Reltins and Morets.
2 Likes