Event Contest: Yuletide Party

Summary of Event Contests is over in the Event Contests thread!

Event Contest 1 - Yuletide Party
Reward: Besides the JOY of having run a fun event for the fleet and being a winner, the winner will also get 5 contraband (turn in for 2k DL) and a special forum tag for the month of December!
When: Somewhere mid to late December
Summary: Many races and cultures celebrate the winter season- it's a little lost in an age where most of our days are spent on a starship- but that's no excuse not to explore the winter holiday spirit.

The winner is XENNITH! See below for event details!
Don't forgeeet that thiiis is heeeerrreeee.

I know soooome of youuuu have ideaaarrrrz.

C'mon, noboy wants to do sekrit santaaa?
It wouldn't take much for Tsang to organize a Dongzhi festival celebration for Task Force Argo.
The Dongzhi festival is an ancient Chinese (and some other east-asian cultures) winter solstice celebration focused on family and clan, and represents the changing flow of of qi in the universe from yin to yang, as the longest night represents and end to the yin cycle, and begins the lengthening of days, and the positive yang energy flow it brings.
Families and surnamed clans share traditional Chinese tangyuan, and serve worship to their ancestors.
This could easily be extended to the "family" of Argo, as we spend so long away from our real families, and serve as a festival of remembrance for those who have given their lives in service of the Fleet.

Also more opportunities for Tsang to throw around his heritage and remind people that Earth isn't just Western culture.
Sounds good to me!
To sweeten the deal, the winner of this will get 2,000 DL in the form of 5 contraband. It's not much- but hey, that's an STF worth of time!
The winner is Xennith!

I'll toss you your contraband next time I'm on STO. :3 Please throw a date on the calender and in this forum as soon as you have one! Congratulations, thanks you, and good luck! :d