Feb 9: Staff meeting

After the Scryer Network's daring rescue of their agent, KDF and allies gather to discuss a plan of counterattack...

--

When: Saturday, Feb 9, Beta +1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Fleet Starbase

OOC point of contact: @anncarise, @gulremal

OOC: We're back to usual event time!
2 Likes
Things They Never Told You About Being a Pirate King, #27:

Staff meetings. So many &*#@in' staff meetings.
5 Likes
Spoiler: Meeting transcriptShow
Egzo@HF_Mudd enters the conference room, mug in one hand and bowl of snacks in the other - looks like nuts, mostly.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to Lexi as he takes his usual seat, on the other side of the long table.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Boss" she nods, stretching her feet out

Kayd@anncarise steps down and sits in the seat she's used for the duration of Kayeri Vaj's stay here.

Egzo@HF_Mudd shakes his head. "I make /one/ side trip, to check out a lead on a new crew, and you go and lose our prisoner."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Lead was a bust, too."

Egzo@HF_Mudd frowns, grabbing a few nuts and popping them in his mouth. He's a messy chewer, what else is new.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Fun times all around..." she snorts

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "At least we kept the station undamaged and recovered the minefield..."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Could've gone much worse."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to the folks as she enters*

Kayd@anncarise nods back to Sadia.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, how's everyone doing?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Just razzin' the ladies about losin' our prize-ner."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah...being ambushed at out own doorstep...I guess we ruffled some feathers this time.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Hey it wasn't my brig he slipped out of! All fairness though, you missed on helluva fight boss"

Lexi@crystyll grins

Kayd@anncarise nods, "The Scryer Network isn't known for using force like that. I didn't even know they had Klingons on their payroll before today."

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts. "Yeah? Mebbe if'n I'd been there, we'd still have 'im."

Egzo@HF_Mudd reaches for his mug, washing down the handful of mixed nuts from before.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Anyway. That the top item on the agenda or what?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, but before that, does anyone has anything else to report?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Well, that lead I mentioned... didn't work out."

Egzo@HF_Mudd mutters, looking disgusted.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Not up to our standards after all."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "And then some of 'em tried t' have a go at me on the way out."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Big mistake."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Wait, did someone actually paid them for that or just plain stupid?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Well, they're definitely not up to our standards in terms of intelligence then..."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Good thing you didn't hire them."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Eh, my strips are on 'stupid', but someone /coulda/ been payin' em, I guess."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "If so, didn't get their latinum's worth."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Oh well, a fool and their head are quickly parted. Good riddance.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anything else?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Well...I got good news and bad news."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Let's go with bad news first.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Bad news...that virus is more clever than we thought. Don't worry, your minefield's fine, we checked it over and it's fully under your control now."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "But it looks like they hid a virus within the code that compromised the minefield. When Kayeri brought the mines back, it got in our systems."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Ship's fine, but we have to do full system resets across the board. Which means we'll be out of action for a bit."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Good thing the station wasn't the one to break the code. This would've been a much bigger problem for the starbase, which was likely their intended target."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Extra tricksy, this bunch."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Can we now defend against this virus?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We can, but the Network's probably smart enough not to use the same trick twice anyways."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "If we have trouble with them again, they'll probably be using a new virus and targetting something different."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *mutters* We must find more efficient way to deal with such "gifts" in the future.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Good news is, we've got some intel on who we're dealing with."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Remember when I mentioned that other elements of the OSN were also cooperating with the Empire on taking down the Network?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, what's the scuttlebutt?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We've got a contact with Klingon Imperial Intelligence, and he has intel on this House V'Ku. We haven't talked yet, just got off from reporting to the Circle. But I've got the subspace frequency -

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: - and can put them on the line now, if you want."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs and waves at the big screen, looking to Sadia.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Very well, put them through.

Kayd@anncarise steps up to a console and slides in a chip before typing.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shifts uncomfortably in her chair, obviously not happy to have this chat*

Kayd@anncarise steps back as a Klingon dressed in a black uniform with some silvery trimmings and a red emblem on his chest appears on the screen.

Lexi@crystyll peers around the high back of her chair with mild curiosity

Egzo@HF_Mudd notes the Boss Lady's mood, and regards the strange Klingon in fancy dress dubiously.

NPK@annpc#5570 gives those around the table a salute, "I am Commander Qu'Run of Imperial Intelligence."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *returns salute* Captain Cynis, task force Hurq Mevik

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "I've heard of your exploits. Bringing down the Tzenkethi Eye's ship was an impressive accomplishment."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But it would seem that the Scryers have more similar tools at their disposal.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "The OSN informs me that you've had an altercation with V'Ku?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yes, the general challenged me himself, and he admitted being on their payroll. He also turned himself and his troops into some kind of cyborgs.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "Cybernetic enhancements? That's troublesome. He's always been the kind of warrior who will go to any lengths to gain an advantage. That's what got him exiled in the first place."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Not to mention his flagship carrier had a cloak and lots of modifications, including long range comm jamming.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "We know he's been modifying his ships, which is unsurprising for mercenary forces, but bodily enhancements? For a warrior to stoop to such lengths..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: He obviously gave up on any chance of redemption. What's the story behind his House?

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "They were exiled for dealing with the Scryer Network. Which is not a crime in and of itself, and Imperial Intelligence was fully aware of his dealings from the start."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "During our last war with the Federation, Brigadier General V'Ku raided Federation ships and outposts for intel which he sold to the Scryer Network in exchange for information to gain an advantage -

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: - over the Federation. Some the Network likely deciphered from the data he got, others we're not sure where they obtained it from. But of course, the Federation were not fools."

Lexi@crystyll grumbles something about honourless targ and being more ferengi than klingon

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: They started feeding false info?

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "Exactly. V'Ku grew quite popular with his victories, and when he no longer had anything to offer the Scryer Network, his raids began failing and he grew desperate."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "He decided to sell out Syndicate movements instead. First he sold out the route of a slave convoy, which was subsequently ambushed by the Branded Lady."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "Then, weapons shipments. Kemocite shipments."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "The Syndicate figured it out. All their convoys getting ambushed were ones passing through Klingon space, so we had their routes. They pressured us to investigate."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "We dug up V'Ku's latest deals. High Council decided losing V'Ku as an asset was more favourable than losing the alliance with the Syndicate."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "House V'Ku was discommended and exiled. Some of his followers in the KDF went with him too."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I have no love for the Syndicate, but betraying the allies for your own benefit never turns out well.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "No, it certainly does not."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "What intel we have of him after his exile is very scattered and unconfirmed. But we've long suspected that he's been working fully under the Scryer's payroll."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I wished we were able to immediately crush his forces...too many rogue Houses on the loose nowadays.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "Unfortunately we don't have many leads on him. And before the Network's blatant attack on the OSN colony...we've not had much motive to do so either."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Do we have any information on his surviving forces, or possible supporters?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Aside from what we've seen.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "I can send you a list of the ships that left with House V'Ku after their exile. That was ten years ago though, and it's no doubt quite outdated now."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "But still something to work with."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Any help is good. Perhaps we can tie this loose end once and for all.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods to/with the Boss.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "I hope so. V'Ku's often fluctuated between being an asset and a nuisance, but never as outright of a threat as he has posed now. Our last possible report of House V'Ku was given by the Cardassians -

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: - last year. One of their colonies had a single old Union ship patrolling when the Hur'q came for them. They were getting overwhelmed when this group of non-standard Klingon ships showed up, drove -

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: - back the Hur'q and disappeared as mysteriously as they arrived. The Empire was staying away from the war then, and two of the ships the Cardassians caught on sensors had remarkable similarity to -

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: - V'Ku's past commands."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hm, what happened to the colony? Maybe we should investigate.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "Colony survived, apparently thanks to House V'Ku. We haven't found any ties between the colony and the Network, but since all our intel points to the Scryer being a Cardassian, he might -

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: - have an interest in protecting his people."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "Might be worth a look though. The colony's closer to you than it is to me."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Might as well.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Thank you for the information. Hopefully we can report more positive outcome next time.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "Be careful with him. Even though he no longer has the support of the Empire, the dishonourable methods of the Scryer Network has likely made him even more dangerous."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "He's fought the Dominion, the Romulans, the Gorn, the Federation and the Hur'q, with more victories than defeats."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I gotta meet this guy."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "I am sure he will prove to be a challenging and worthy adversary for your task force."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, you'll most likely get a chance soon.

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks quite pleased at the prospect.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Qu'Run* That he will, commander.

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "I wish I could provide you with more intel, but he's done a good job of staying beneath notice so far."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "If I uncover anything relevant from my dealings with the Scryer Network's cells elsewhere, I will inform you."

[Local] NPK@annpc#5570: "I would ask that you do the same with any information you might uncover about the Network, so the Empire can dismantle it quicker."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* We shall do so.

[Emotes] NPK@annpc#5570: Qapla', Sadia!

NPK@annpc#5570 salutes Sadia with respect.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *returns salute*

NPK@annpc#5570 FX | The feed with Qu'Run cuts.

Kayd@anncarise returns to her seat, "I'd say that was some worthwhile intel."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *grumbles as she gets back in her chair* He simply confirmed one thing: the guy's dangerous.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah, well, so're we."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, plus he's probably not on good terms with the Syndicate. Which doesn't help us much, as they probably got their vengeance when he was ousted from the Empire and are probably not interested in -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - the matter anymore. That ship list will help, at least.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "And that Cardassian colony could be the best lead we have at the moment. Might just be the Scryer's interest in his own people, but it could be something else."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Kayd* Do you think Network might try another attack at the OSN forces?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And that's not the only lead we've got.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "They already have."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We didn't know for sure until that carrier showed up in front of the station. But it tried to waylay the Thana not long ago."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Fortunately, the Colonial Fleet had allies in the area that intervened and we managed to drive them back."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, there's another location we should check out.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "What'd you find?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: My lethean interrogators injected the Eye with an psylozine, some kind of drug that can be tracked by their psychics. It takes some time to get into the body structure, but it will stay there for -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - weeks. It's one of the ways lethean agents and assassins mark targets of interest.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It's not very reliable on long distances, but lethean scouts have tracked the psylozine traces into breen space.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Clever..."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "What are they doing in Breen space? I thought they'd probably hide out closer to Cardassian territory."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "When the heat is on, you hide where you can."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Sometimes that means someplace real cold."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs.

Kayd@anncarise chuckles.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "I guess it's a good place to get away from us. We're not exactly on good terms with the Breen."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shrugs* Sounded like a good safety measure. Well, scouts tracked the drug trace to a space battle site, one of latest skirmishes between the Breen and Alarians. Unless V'ku figured it out and managed

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - to remove the drug, they are still hiding within the wreckage. Most likely fixing the damage.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: As soon as Daramar is fully fixed, we're moving in there in force.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: We can also check the colony - but I'm not willing to split us up,.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ideas?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We'll try to get Kayeri Vaj back online as soon as we can. But the Thana Vaneri's on her way back to the Expanse and can provide support soon."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "They'll be passing by Cardassian space, actually. I can ask Tabadi Lorri to take a look while they're in the area."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nod* It would be best to chase the new trail while it's hot. *to kayd* Very well, that colony might be of some significance to the Scryer.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Cardies are good at keeping their secrets. We should never take what they say at face value.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

Kayd@anncarise nods, "I'll inform Lorri to be extra skeptical."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right. We should also check up on our NCR neighbours, they've been awfully silent as of late.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Lexi, any news from your folks?

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Nothing of consequence"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Did the intel from the Eye turn out to be legitimate at least? Or another one of the Network's tricks?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Gonna take time to rustle through it, but early checks look good yeah"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Least we got something worthwhile from that op, then."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Hopefully we can still get that Eye back with the trace drug."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: What did you want from them? Or is that a secret, eh? *playfully rises eyebrow*

Egzo@HF_Mudd points out, "I got to drive a tank."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "What I wanted was information to help me take down the traitors who framed my house so I can restore Dronurr's honour"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We're always up for trade deals once we start producing ARC Rovers on any large scale."

Kayd@anncarise smirks.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Don't worry Egzo, I'll buy you one as soon I can.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Chrome thrusters, spiky bumpers, full deal.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Sweeeet.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Have to keep it on Daramar, though. No room on Hag'lhr."

Egzo@HF_Mudd ... pouts? is that a pout?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Maybe you should clear all the junk from the hangar bay, eh? *jabs* Where do you keep the ride?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "That's where I stow my targ, yeah - the bike, I mean - and a boardin' shuttle, for when transporters don't work."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Pretty tight fit already."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Raiders just don't have as much space as your big beast."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, maybe attach it to the belly of the bird as some kind of parasite craft for ground drops?

Lexi@crystyll imagines the rover strapped to the outside of BoP with bungee cords now like an overloaded roofrack

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: You can always detach it when battle starts, maybe fit some kind of target scrambler as an opening play.

Egzo@HF_Mudd ehhhs, "Before /every/ fight? Prob'ly mess with the cloak, too. Pass."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *coughs* Anyhow, before we stray even further - the plan is to head to the breen battle site as soon as all ships are fixed and ready for combat.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In the meanwhile, our OSN allies will check on the cardassian colony for any info on V'Ku's activities in the area.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyone has other ideas or objections?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Sounds good to me."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs and shakes his head.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right, the plan is set. Anyone else has anything else to bring up for the discussion?

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Any other plans, projects, complaints?

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks around the table.

Lexi@crystyll shakes her head

Kayd@anncarise shakes her head as well.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Oh, hey. How's that lil guy, the Widrab scientist we rescued - how's he doin'?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Okay, meeting is officialy over. *slams the table* But really now, that hovertank idea...

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *blinks* He's on Mal'laan, most likely taking a break.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I mean, I guess he's taking a break, with all that's happened to him.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I could check with the governor about his location *shrugs*

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Eh. Just wondrin'."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "He's got some moxie, and we might notta been able to stop the star-killer project without 'im."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Yes, maybe we could recruit him after a while.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But, that's not something that will happen soon, I reckon.

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "And I'll let y'know when I find some other mercs. Less stupid ones."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Did you get to talk with that human fellow, Hawkins?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Ennnh... mebbe someone else should. Me and most humans, don't really get along."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yours was all right, but..."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I'll see what I can do. Anyhow, unless anyone is interested in discussing the hovertanks as parasite craft, I'll go shout at techs in vain hope of Daramar getting fixed sooner.

Kayd@anncarise chuckles, "Tayri manages our trade much better than I do. Could put you in contact with her sometime though if you really want an ARC rover supply."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Why not? I was hoping on getting a proper mechanized infantry and armor support - can't always rely on transporters to do all the work.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Like I said, they're sweet. I just got no place to put one on my own ship. Not inside, and outside... I don't think so."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Bolting an external mount to carry one of those on the hull wouldn't be the craziest thing I've done to the QanwI' of late admittedly..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Challenge accepted! But for now, please excuse me, gotta repairs to oversee.

Lexi@crystyll leans left muttering, "Get me the specs on those rovers of yours. Maybe we can squeeze one on there somewhere..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to folks as she heads out*

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "I'll send you it as soon as our computer core's back online."
4 Likes