First Officer Appointment

To: CMDR Valore, S., @DS13.DepartmentHeads
CC: @DS13.Command
Subj: First Officer Appointment

Good day, everyone. I have some good news.

I appreciate that we’ve all had a bit of extra work to do in the wake of mister Kermit’s promotion and summary reassignment. He and Commander Sedai are certainly missed, both for their company and for their diligent work. Thank you for picking up the slack while I deliberate on suitable replacements.

Without further ado, today I’d like to welcome our latest member to the command staff of Deep Space 13, who will be filling one of the aforementioned vacant roles. Commander Valore has been a closely involved member of fleet operations for many years while working with the admiralty, and now she will make an excellent first officer for our starbase. Please join me in welcoming her to the team.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

12 Likes

To: CMDR Valore, S., CAPT Varley, L.
CC: @DS13.DepartmentHeads
Subj: Re: First Officer Appointment

Commander Valore,

Allow me to be the first of the DH’s to congratulate you on your appointment as First Officer! I can’t think of anyone else more suited to the role and I look forward to working with your more closely. This might just get me out Sickbay more often, next time we run into each other at the Event Horizon Lounge I’ll get you a drink or whatever it is you consume…

Anyway Congrats!

//SIGNED//
Commander Charlotte Jarnfelt,
Chief Medical Officer
Deep Space Thirteen.

4 Likes

To: @DS13.DepartmentHeads
Subj: First Matter

Good day,

I am Commander Valore and I am your executive officer. Most of you already know me or know of me, and those who have not are encouraged to meet with me in person.

At present, continue your efforts in the sense of business as usual. With the chain of command reinstated, do ensure to contact me either prior or simultaneously to any communications above myself - with the exception of emergencies.

I do require one matter of all of you. You are to send me a summary of your department’s ongoing matters along with upcoming projects in the short-term. None of this need be a novel in length, but you are to brief me on what your department is doing. Failure to do so may adversely impact approval requests and performance reviews in the future.

To much elation from many I suspect, there are currently no plans for department head meetings as most matters can be communicated through electronic messaging. Should an emergency arise, you will be informed.

It is agreeable to work with you.

//SIGNED//
Commander Valore
Executive Officer Officer,
Deep Space 13

12 Likes

To: CMDR Valore, S., CAPT Varley, L.
CC: @DS13.DepartmentHeads
Subj: Re: First Officer Appointment

Commander Valore, I suppose congratulations are in order for your appointment. I can think of few others as qualified for the position as you are. Attached you’ll find a summary of all Engineering and Shipyard projects currently in the works. Please get in contact with me if you have questions.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander T’Pemi Carter
Chief Engineer,
Deep Space Thirteen

//ATTACHMENT// current_engy_proj.doc

3 Likes