FW: Mr Hawkin's Artifact

To: DS13/Security
Subj: FW: Mr. Hawkins' Artifact

Good afternoon,

Please read and understand the forwarded message. Senior Officers are potentially going to be a bit short staffed as we have a lot of ground to cover in the coming weeks. Our highest priority will be to maintain a keen eye on the developing civilian situation. I want pure observation and holding of strategic points, so we need to redouble checkpoints at restricted areas of the station, particularly those leading to the science wings and brig complex.

Regarding the Orb itself, given it’s psionic effects, we will limit the exposure of psionically active individuals from its influence. Rotating guards teams will be made in three day periods as in the chart below;

Shift 0

Shift 1

Shift 2

Shift 3

Shift 4

Team 1 Counselling Baseline

Team 1 Shift

Team 1 Counselling Assessments

Team 2 Counselling Baseline

Team 2 Shift

Team 2 Counselling Assessments

Team 3 Counselling Baseline

Team 3 Shift

Team 3 Counselling Assessments

Team 1 will consist of officers with up to date counselling assessments. No team will receive close exposure to the artefact within a one week minimum period of their last shift. If any officer fails their 3rd day assessment, they will be placed on medical leave to receive the required support.

At no point should a member of the security team require or engage in physical contact with the artefact. The same will go for scientific teams in the area. Anyone requiring physical contact will require signed and dated permission from both Commander Mandra and myself. Anyone without correct permission must be treat as a danger to themselves and restrained for proper psychological care.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this assignment, please escalate with me.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Kara Blake
Chief Security Officer,
Deep Space 13

6 Likes