Gangster's Paradis

M’TALAS PRIME

STARDATE: 93039.8

“KILL THAT GREEN BLOODED, POINTED EARRED RUNT!” pausing, and with pained huffs “AAAhhh-- MY HAND!”

Sprinting down the winding alleyways of the cityscape, the young Vulcan took periodic glances back at the menagerie of thugs, pirates, and general criminals. His heart racing as he pushed his weak and feeble legs harder than he’s ever had to. A blood covered, crude blade in one hand, his other occupied, clutching his side in an attempt to keep the consequences of a disruptor grazing at bay. Pure unadulterated adrenaline pumping through his veins, the Vulcan took another look back at his pursuers, feeling his malnourished body start to give way. With frantic head turns, the boy looked for an opportunity to shake his pursuers off of him, any opportunity. Desperately, he charged into a crowd with one arm held up defensively. * SPppssshhh * The distinctive sound of a disrupter ripped through the ambient city noise, scattering the crowd. The young Vulcan rushing to follow the largest splinter of people, using them as an escape cover, swiftly ducking into a narrow, branching off corridor.

“He went this way!”

One of the pirates would shout, as the entire band of criminals would pass the corridor. Letting out a wheeze of relief, then a pained groan. The Vulcan boy would almost collapse, smacking into the wall on his way down. He took the moment to catch his breath, removing his hand from the disruptor wound, finding it drenched in his own green blood, he let out another pained groan. Rolling over to place his back against the wall, the combined forces of blood-loss and malnourishment would begin to take their toll. The Vulcan boy would close his eyes, drifting into unconsciousness…

8 Likes

Coming to, his eyes would part revealing the cold and familiar wall panels of the industrial sector warehouses.

“Well… well… You thought you could run off? Just like that?”

the figure to which the disembodied voice belonged to would emerge, their features obscured by shadows. The shadowy figure raising their arm to reveal a primed disruptor aimed right to the boy’s face.
A knife deeply embedded within the back of the individual’s hand, dark liquid gushing from the wound.
With a blink and a flash the disrupter went off.

5 Likes

M'TALAS PRIME

STARDATE: 93043.6

“Just leave him, poor kid’s probably already dead. Not much to take from a corpse.”

“Shut your mouth, there’s profit to be made here. I can feel it in my lobes!”

The boy, would jump awake screaming. Swinging his arms wildly like a feral animal at the two strangers. With utter surprise and shock from having just witnessed a practical corpse come back to life the two hoodlums are sent scurrying away, with screams emanating from the large lobed figured. The young Vulcan grasping at his face, fortunately not finding a disruptor bolt sized hole in his head, the boy calms himself. With a coarse and cracked voice he would recite mantra to himself.

“Fear is the mind killer… I must not fear, fear is… I must not fear, fear is the mind killer.”

With a hand placed over his disruptor wound, the boy would struggle to get up. Using the wall as support. He would move along the wall, coming across his reflection in the shards of broken glass. Bruising along the eye, accompanied with several cuts on his left cheek and forehead as well as cracked, bleeding lips. One would not be blamed for incorrectly guessing the boy had suffered a broken nose, as the myriad of blemishes and markings across the Vulcan adolescent’s face and along his body in general would paint the picture of cruel mistreatment having taken place over the course of several months.

Mtalas_Sadaann

A short glance at his dirtied, messy, unkempt hair would prompt a quick scoff. The injured Vulcan would trod on, his steps faltering with accompanied heavy breaths.

"I need medical assistance… "

“Well to state the obvious.”

“I believe I gave a simple reminder.”

“These disruptor burns are reminder enough, Sadaann.”

"I suppose you’re-- " The adolescent Vulcan would let out a violent cough. “right.”

“Am I going crazy? I’m talking to myself…”

“QA’PLA! Over there!”

“AH! AH! AH!”

“SCREAMING IS NOT NECESSARY!”

The Vulcan would give a sharp turn, quick enough to be met with a hypospray to his neck, too slow to evade it. The last thing he would witness before succumbing to unconsciousness would be an adolescent, disheveled looking Ferengi holding said hypospray and an adolescent Klingon female a few feet away. The Klingon female making it as obvious as possible the callout had come from her. Her arm would be extended into a rather enthusiastic point, aimed right at the Vulcan.

“B-But K’Nera! You’re screaming right now!”

“It’s Okay when~~”

“Wha~~?”

As the Ferengi and Klingon began to argue, Sadaann would look on in utter confusion, he beginning to lose his auditory senses. The combination of the mystery hypospray and the Vulcan’s own wounds would result in his blacking out once again.

THUD, Sadaann would unceremoniously hit the ground, he now in the mercy of these two strangers.

6 Likes

A FEW HOURS LATER

Sadaann had began to regain consciousness, slowly looking around the room, he would find the two strangers. The young Vulcan being met with the Ferengi and Klingon girl from before. In an attempt to flee he would find himself strapped down to a worn-down chair. Proceeding to struggle in his binds, Sadaann had drawn the attention of his two captors.

“He’s awake!”

“What do we do with him? We need him right?”

“Anyone would have sufficed… he was just the first one I saw.”

“He could’ve been armed! He could’ve killed meee… WAIT, you’re lying! We passed like… several people before you pointed at him…”

“You wouldn’t understand the intricacies of deliberating and making the hard choices a leader needs to.”

“What are you on about? We don’t have a lea–”

The Klingon girl would bare her intimidatingly sharp teeth at the Ferengi, prompting a sharp,

“EEP~~!”

“ANYWAY, hurry up and give him the equipment.”

The Ferengi boy would scurry over to a stacking of crates, rummaging through the discarded gear. He would remove a cylindrical container from the pile. With both hands on the container, the Ferengi would struggle in delivering it to the bound Sadaann.

“You’ll do something for us.”

“And that…that,” Sadaann spoke through belated breaths “That is?”

With an especially devious smirk, the Ferengi opened the container, revealing an assortment of personal equipment including: a phaser, tricorder, and array of improvised explosives.

5 Likes

M'Talas Prime

Stardate: 93111.6

The cityscape ambience would be swiftly and sharply pierced by the repeated sounds of disruptor fire. With three adolescent figures making a mad dash across the rooftops of M’Talas, in pursuit, a swarm of rather unhappy gangsters. An adolescent Klingon female seeming to be the fastest of the runaways, she letting out a carefree roar that could only be seen as laughter. The Vulcan boy taking on a low running posture, looking to be the more cautious of the triad. Trailing a tad behind the two, the Ferengi lad had adopted the Vulcan’s lower posture, after all you can’t make a profit if you’re dead.

The Klingon girl would quickly take a hold of one of the many miscellaneous containers, whirling herself around before letting the sizeable crate fly into an unlucky thug. The sheer strength of the girl and the crate would knock the gangster into a narrow crevasse between two of the towering M’talan high-rises. Despite the Klingon’s show of strength, the band of criminals would continue their pursuit of delinquents.

From the small crowd of criminals a lengthy, reptilian figure would zoom passed the other pursuers.

Gorn.

The Gorn sprinter would catch up with the three, running itself into the Ferengi boy, sending them both into a cooling unit. The Gorn would hold up the Ferengi by his collar, bearing the myriad of knives it likes to call teeth at the terrified Ferengi teen.

“Get back here! Or I tear out thisssss onessss jugular.”

This causing the Klingon and Vulcan to come to a halt, turning around to face the captor of their comrade.

“Gooood.”

The Gorn sprinter would hold a devious smirk, it widening into a wicked smile. By the time the Gorn had fully opened its maw and bit down onto the Ferengi’s relatively large head, the Klingon and Vulcan had been surrounded, a variety of different phasers and disruptors aimed exclusively at the two. The delinquents would practically be forced to watch the Gorn maul their partner. Having effectively taken a chunk out of the Ferengi’s left ear, and several bites into the four brain lobes. The Gorn would drop the wheezing, rattling body of the Ferengi boy, leaving it to periodically convulse on the skyscraper rooftop. Sadaann, the young Vulcan, having witnessed this would attempt to make a step back, however before he could make the second step the Gorn roared out,

“YOU MOVE, AND I WILL SsssWALLOW HIM WHOLE!!”

The Vulcan would freeze, shaken to the core as no Vulcan teaching thus far would have prepared him for what he just witnessed. Ultimately, Sadaann would vomit, to the amusement of the various pirates, thugs, and gangsters, they all letting out some form of snicker or chuckle.

“Bring them, Bosssss wouldn’t be happy we’re having all the fu-”

“DON"T!” Sadaann cried, though was a futile attempt.

The Klingon girl would lash out, lunging at the Gorn who had just snacked on her friend, she would give the Gorn a good fight to start, however as the skirmish continued on the Gorn would reveal its nimbleness. Weaving itself away from the strikes of the Klingon, in one swift motion the Gorn twirled, connecting its heel with her side, sending her into the crowd where she would find the firearms pointed even closer than before. The Gorn would turn to the Vulcan,

“You ssseeeem to be the ssssmartessst of the bunch, let’ssss walk and talk.”

The Gorn would express a wide and concerning smile.

2 Likes

M'TALAS PRIME

Industrial Sector

STARDATE: 93172.5

“It would be best if this does become a trend.” Sadaann though to himself, aiming the disruptor behind him as he ran, firing at the same band of thugs that had chased him and his companions down a month prior.

* SPppssshhh *
“ARRGHh~~!”

“Four.” Sadaann’s thoughts would whirl, “That’s the fourth one, I’ve-- But if I don’t, it’s only a matter of fact before–”

BANG! The Vulcan would run face first into the side of a pole, his slender figure being sent to the ground. disorientated, Sadaann would make out the feint barking of insults and orders from K’Nera. He would push himself from the ground as quickly as his body would allow, Turning his head only to see those who would see him dead near closer, he fired again. With the death howls of another, “Five.” his body would jolt forward in repulse, the feeling of nausea would hit his stomach, keeling over he would vomit what little he’s had to eat over the past weeks. With a haphazard wipe of his mouth, Sadaann would continue to run. “This is the second time… the second time I’ve been taken, forced to do the dirty work of these… these…” his thoughts would falter, eyeing the disruptor in his left hand.

“Swap!”

The adolescent Vulcan would cry out, tossing the disruptor to his Klingon partner, she as gently as she could manage given the current situation would hand Sadaann the half-conscious body of their Ferengi comrade, his head injuries now covered with poorly wrapped bandages, “Subpar medical treatment, but what should I expect from criminals.” Sadaann thought to himself, attempting to keep his emotions within Vulcan parameters. The three would weave around and between the large industrial structures within the area, hoping to lose their pursuers. They would hit a sharp right, then left, right, left, left, right, right, right, left, giving up all effort in navigating this maze of a sector, they two escapees’ only hope relying on their pursuers becoming as lost as they were.

Sadaann would catch a glimpse of a large opening, “This could be our escape.” he thought, shifting directions, he would make a full sprint, with the brash Klingon K’Nera providing cover fire from behind. As the two approached the opening, Sadaann would come to realize where he had lead them to: a grand descent into the lower levels of the city. Or in Sadaann’s situation, a dead end.

“EVACUATION OF INDUSTRIAL SECTOR ZED dash FOUR SIX THREE, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!”
The overhead speakers would announce at blaring volumes.

Sadaann, K’Nere, as well as the band of criminals in pursuit would take pause, recognizing the sector designation as their current location, confusion as to what could possibly be going on. Their looking up would quickly bring an answer to the growing confusion.

Quickly rocketing down the visible sky could be seen a ship, Romulan in design, in fact, a T’liss bird-of-prey of obsolete design. Sadaann would narrow his eyes, “The angle of descent would…-” his train of thought would pause, “It’s going to crash… it’s going to crash HERE!” Sadaann’s thought would be confirmed, as the bird-of-prey would rocket to their position at an alarming rate.

“Blade of Kahless!” In what would be among the little to nil instances in K’Nere’s life, she had become ridden with fear. “T-THIS IS A GOOD DA-DAY TO DIE!” She would yell out, with her full chest. Sadaann, unconvinced, “That girl’s as scared as I am.” a blunt thought.

“No one is dying today!” Sadaann would quickly disregard those he’s shot. The Vulcan would rush towards his Klingon compatriot, with the injured Ferengi on one shoulder, he would lift K’Nere onto the other, being met with an elbow to the back of the head, “I CAN RUN MYSELF!” K’Nere would shout, right into Sadaann’s ear, causing him to almost trip over himself and drop the two of them. Luckily, adrenaline would save him from the disorientation. Unluckily, the downwind from the crashing bird-of-prey would send them flying into the nearest silo. The ship itself would stabilize, pulling itself upwards near moments from killing everyone within several kilometer’s distance. Sadaann and K’Nere would recover as best they could to practically being thrown into a metal wall. As soon as the pair had gotten to their feet, they would be met with the arrival of their pursuers, their phasers, disruptors, and other miscellaneous arms primed at the two. A blinding light would hit the area. The T’liss would had activated one of their spotlights, the ship itself stationary above the grand descent. The suspense would make the passing moments feel like minutes, said suspense would be broken at the sight of M’talan patrol craft making their way to the ship’s location.

“Make this quick, just shoot all three of em’!”

As the ruffians primed their arms, K’Nere, Sadaann, as well as the barely conscious Ferengi lad would begin to dematerialize. In what could be described as ‘a blink of the eye’ the three would find themselves aboard a starship’s bridge, surrounded by Romulans in Romulan Republic uniforms. K’Nere quickly would aim the disruptor at the captain’s chair, immediately being outgunned, the Romulans providing a valid counterpoint to K’Nere, that being the abundance of disruptor pistols and rifles trained on the three.

“You kids seem to be in quite a bind.” The bridge crew would let out hushed chuckles and mocking snickers.

A clean shaven Romulan man, with ear-length hair, garbed in the same uniform as the rest sat at the captain’s chair, though with his own jacket removed and set draped over the chair.

“Welcome to the RRW Sienov.”

2 Likes

I.R.W. Sienov

M'Talan Space

STARDATE: 93287.2

"You killed them. "
The Vulcan adolescent sat in the dim room. Restrained by cuffs, with a desolate look in his magenta and lavender eyes. He would repeat, his voice creaking.
“You killed them…”

“Mhm.”
The Romulan officer answered in a flat manner, sporting a cold uncaring expression. half his attention on the Vulcan teen, the other half on the PADD in his arms as he stood above the adolescent. The bodies of a Klingon girl and Ferengi youth visible as they’d be carried out of the room. Completely disregarding the Vulcan’s current emotional state, the Romulan officer would speak in the same flat manner.
“Quite the laundry list you and your friends have racked up. An impressive resume if I’d say so myself. Multiple accounts of assault, bribery, attempted bribery of an officer, smuggling of various contraband, conspiracy to kidnap, conspiracy to murder, provocative and offensive contact with intent to deal bodily harm, provocative and offensive contact with intent to deal bodily harm to an officer. Really I could go on.”
The Romulan officer taking pause from his PADD, looking to the Vulcan who was already at the verge of tears, collapse into a silent weep. The Romulan would crouch to meet eye-level.
“Chin up, Child. Be grateful you still have your life. Normally we’d have killed all three of you, but I think we’ve made our point, wouldn’t you say?”
The Romulan gives a short chuckle.
“I hate you.”
“What was that?”
“I hate you.”
The Vulcan repeated,
“You people and your empires, all you people do is go around using some arbitrary perception of power to terrorize us normal folk,”
The Romulan officer would look around scratching his head, a half cocked smirk on his face, amused at this kid’s attempt to articulate a political worldview.
“Who taught you those words, Child?”
The officer laughed. Despite the interruption, the teen continued.
“You think just because you have ships, and firepower that you can just go around tellin’ other people what to do.”
The Romulan’s smirk becoming a bellow of laughter.
“Well, yes. Exactly that.”
“You’re no better than the Terrans.”
Almost immediately as those words left the Vulcan’s mouth, the Romulan would connect his palm to the side of the teen’s face in what could be the hardest slap the kid’s ever received.
“You’ll be sold back to the M’Talan syndicates, we have no use for you.”
The officer stated concisely as he rose from his crouched position, turning heel and walking out of the room. Pausing before fully exiting, turning a head back to the Vulcan adolescent.
“And if you survive, and wish to carry out any silly little revenge ploys,”
Another, more sinister smirk would grow on the officer’s face.
“I am Subcommander Atilla Rejok. Please, take a moment to memorize the face. Because, I dare you to find me.”

2 Likes