H'ajah's Extended (IC) LOA

To: CAPT Varley, Lauren (@Lauren)
CC: CMDR Kermit, James (@kermit)
Subj: LEAVE OF ABSENCE

CAPTAIN, IT IS WITH A HEAVY HEART AND SOLEMN REGRET THAT I MUST ASK YOU TO RELEASE ME FROM MY DUTIES AS CHIEF ENGINEER OF DEEP SPACE 13. THE FAMILIAL OBLIGATIONS I HAVE DISCLOSED TO YOU PREVIOUSLY REQUIRE ME TO UNDERTAKE A QUEST INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A STARFLEET OFFICER. IT IS THEREFORE MY INTENTION TO RESIGN MY POST AND DEACTIVATE MY STARFLEET COMMISSION UNTIL MY QUEST IS COMPLETE.

I DO NOT UNDERTAKE THIS ENDEAVOR LIGHTLY. DEEP SPACE HAS BEEN MY HOME FOR MANY YEARS AND STARFLEET IS MY FAMILY. I DO NOT RENOUNCE MY LOVE FOR AND LOYALTY TO STARFLEET; INDEED, I CONTINUE TO EXALT THEM. BUT WHAT I AM BOUND BY BLOOD TO DO FOR MY KIN MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO REFLECT ON STARFLEET AND THE FEDERATION, LEST IT BECOME THE PRETEXT FOR FURTHER CONFLICT. WHERE I GO, I MUST GO ALONE.

IT IS MY FONDEST HOPE THAT WHEN MY QUEST IS AT ITS END, I WILL RETURN AND BE ALLOWED TO SERVE BESIDE MY BELOVED STARFLEET COMRADES ONCE MORE, IN WHATEVER CAPACITY THEY WILL HAVE ME. UNTIL THEN, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, QAPLA’!

//SIGNED//
tuq cargh qaStaHvIS ghIm h’ajah, shal puqbe’
Lt. Cmdr. H’ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
Chief Engineer, Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13

8 Likes

To: LCDR Mercer, Olivia (@Calyx); CMDR Kermit, Elizabeth (@Davin); CMDR Kermit, James (@kermit); CMDR Sedai, Katriel (@Katriel); LCDR Carter, T’Pemi (@siskofan1991); CMDR Salene, Na’Toth (@Biska); CAPT Hanson, Rose (@Eunha); LT Zital, Serris (@Serris); CIV Second of Four; Vanilla Or Bust Information
Subj: FAREWELL FOR NOW, FRIENDS

FRIENDS, THE TIME OF PARTING HAS COME. SOME OF YOU KNOW WHY; OTHERS, FROM WHOM I HAVE BEEN ESTRANGED BY CIRCUMSTANCE OR DISTRACTION, MAY NOT. MY BROTHER IS IN DANGER AND I MUST GO IN SEARCH OF HIM WHILE THERE MIGHT STILL BE TIME TO SAVE HIS LIFE. A STARFLEET OFFICER CANNOT INTERFERE IN THE CIVIL WAR, SO I CANNOT BE A STARFLEET OFFICER ANY LONGER.

PART OF ME WISHES I COULD TAKE YOU ALL WITH ME, RIDING ARM IN ARM AS COMRADES INTO BATTLE. BUT THE DANGER IS GREAT AND THIS CAUSE IS MINE, NOT YOURS; YOUR LOVE OF ME SHOULD NOT BIND YOU TO ACTION THAT WOULD CLEAVE YOU FROM YOUR OATHS OF SERVICE. THIS QUEST MAY TAKE ME FAR FROM HOME, BUT KNOW THAT I WILL CARRY ALL OF YOU WITH ME IN MY HEART.

THIS IS NOT AN END, BUT AN INTERLUDE. I WILL CAROUSE WITH YOU ALL AGAIN, WHETHER ON DEEP SPACE 13 OR IN STO-VO-KOR. UNTIL THAT DAY, I BID YOU ALL A FOND FAREWELL AND HOPE THAT OUR REUNION IS NOT LONG DELAYED.

//SIGNED//
Lt. Cmdr. H’ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
Chief Engineer, Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13

8 Likes

To: LCDR H’ajah
CC:
Subj: Re: LEAVE OF ABSENCE

Commander, I am very sorry to receive this from you.

If it weren’t for the discussion we had not very long ago about the developing situation regarding your family and the civil war, I would not accept this request without further information. But unfortunately that’s not the case, and it is with extreme doubt that I believe any attempts to convince you to reconsider would be successful.

Normal circumstances would call for a reception of some kind to see you on your way, but I believe your circumstances are those of utmost urgency, and it would be best that you see to them with maximum haste so that the sacrifice you are making here is not in vain. Simply granting you leave is for similar reasons not an option, if you are leaving to support your family in the war as I assume you are. So, as you read these words you may consider yourself relieved of all Starfleet obligations and privileges pertaining to your commission. Effective immediate, your access to our systems is rescinded, and your uniform plus all other properties of Starfleet in your possession are to be returned.

I can make no guarantees that in the event of your return you will be granted again your rank or commission, that will depend on what you do during this absence. But should that day come, know that I will hear your plea to be reinstated as a friend, and one that would be glad to see your career continue.

Qapla’!

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

6 Likes

To: LCDR H’ajah
Subj: Re: FAREWELL FOR NOW, FRIENDS

Dear H’ajah,

I imagine that this decision may have been more challenging for you to arrive at than the upcoming threats you are bound to encounter. I will always respect and cherish your indomitable spirit and hope you accomplish all that you desire, so that you may return safely home soon.

Please let me know if there’s anything I may do for you before you go.

//SIGNED//
Katriel

//ATTACHMENT// farewell.ecard

5 Likes

To: CMDR Sedai
Subj: Re: FAREWELL FOR NOW, FRIENDS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS OF SUPPORT, DAUGHTER OF DARIEN. YOUR BELIEF IN ME HAS BEEN A BULWARK IN THE DARKEST HOURS OF MY LIFE. I TOO HOPE THAT MY ABSENCE WILL BE BRIEF, BUT I MUST MAKE PROVISIONS AGAINST THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE. TO THAT END, I DO HAVE A FAVOR TO ASK OF YOU.

WILL YOU CARE FOR CHAHK THE BLOODLETTER UNTIL I RETURN? HE, TOO, IS A DEAR FRIEND I CANNOT TAKE WITH ME ON MY QUEST.

//SIGNED//
H’ajah, daughter of Shal, of House Cargh in exile
Engineer Errant

5 Likes

To: CIV H’ajah
Subj: Re: Re: FAREWELL FOR NOW, FRIENDS

Of course, H’ajah, I’ll be happy to. Please feel free to bring him to the counseling block and if I am not in my office, Caissa will watch him for you until I get there.

Good hunting.

//SIGNED//
Katriel

6 Likes

To: LCDR H’ajah (@Sophist)
Subj: Leave of absence

Good luck, boss, promise to not burn anything down while you’re gone. I hope you manage to save your brother, I believe qa’pla is the appropriate Klingon word? Anyway wishing you all the best!

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander T’Pemi Carter
Supervisor, Maintenance and Repair Operations
Deep Space Thirteen Shipyard

5 Likes

To: CAPT Varley, Lauren (@Lauren)
CC: CMDR Kermit, James (@kermit)

CAPTAIN, AT LONG LAST I AM UNDERWAY TO DEEP SPACE 13, HAVING CONCLUDED THE QUEST WHICH CARRIED ME FAR FROM MY BELOVED HOME. AFTER MY ARRIVAL, AND WHEN YOU ARE ABLE, I WOULD LIKE TO MEET WITH YOU TO DISCUSS MY REINSTATEMENT AS A STARFLEET OFFICER. I HAVE TAKEN TO HEART THE WARNING YOU GAVE WHEN WE LAST SPOKE, AND AM PREPARED TO ACCOUNT FOR MY ACTIONS THROUGHOUT MY LONG ABSENCE. I WILL SUBMIT MY TALE FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION AND ACCEPT JUDGMENT FOR MY DEEDS.

//SIGNED//
Engineer Errant

5 Likes

To: Daughter of Shal, H.
CC: CMDR Kermit, J.
Subj: Re: Re: LEAVE OF ABSENCE

H’ajah, it’s good to hear from you.

It’s too early to say if your reinstatement will be a simple matter or not. I hope you found what it was you left in search for, but failing that, I’m sure you’ve gathered a great deal of experience you wouldn’t have found here on the station. I’ll be available to receive your report in person, and then we can decide how best to proceed.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

3 Likes

To: LCDR Carter, T’Pemi (@siskofan1991)

DAUGHTER OF CHRISTOPHER, I HAVE RETURNED! I AM OVERJOYED TO FIND MY BELOVED STARBASE IN FINE SHAPE. TELL ME WHEN WE CAN MEET FOR A DRINK AND SPEAK OF THE GOOD WORK YOU HAVE BEEN DOING. I HAVE MUCH NEWS OF MY OWN TO SHARE AS WELL.

//SIGNED//
Engineer Errant

4 Likes

To: LT CDR H’ajah ( @Sophist )
CC:
Subj: LEAVE OF ABSENCE

Commander, it is good to hear of your return as well as your reinstatement to Starfleet. I would love to get together sometime this week for a few drinks, I'm sure you have quite a few interesting stories to tell.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander T’Pemi Carter
Acting Chief Engineer
Deep Space Thirteen

2 Likes