IMPORTANT: Communications (Security Level & Templates)

Communications

This forum is for any in-character messages addressed to a specific character or group of characters. This includes personal messages, departmental or ship-specific communications, orders in writing, etc.

Messages posted in this forum are considered private unless otherwise specified. All communications are available only to the people addressed in the header. If extra security is required, the sender may specify one of the following classification levels:

Level 1: Open - Shareable, and free to discuss.
Level 2: Confidential - Share with need-to-know only, discuss in private.
Level 3: Restricted - Do not share, do not discuss.

When posting in this forum...

• Determine who your intended recipient is. If you're sending your message to a large, organized group such as an entire starbase department, or starship squadron, or to the entire fleet, then you're in the wrong place. Those messages belong in the Memorandum forum.

• Consider using one of the Communication Templates below. (If you're using a header with a logo, Argo's official images can be found here) If your message is classified, don't forget to add the level, somewhere in your header.

• Try to give your thread a meaningful title. Usually, the IC subject of your message will make the best title for your thread.

• Please do NOT include excessive header information in your thread title. The forum listings will only show up to sixty characters of a thread title (as opposed to the 'Latest Threads' list which shows the whole title), so if you spend some of those on addresses, they all start to look alike and it makes it difficult for everyone to find the posts they're looking for, later on. If you must include the recipient(s) name in the thread title, please put it AFTER the subject.

Spoiler: Simple Message TemplateShow
TO LCDR Sedai
CC ENS Runningbear; CMDR T'irin;
FROM LT Kermit
SUBJ New Ice Cream Shop

Katriel,

You are not going to believe this. They opened up a Vanilla or Bust shop on the Promenade. That's what we were all rushing towards, the other day. Sorry for trampling you, by the way. I just really wanted to get a cone of the new Pekhaaan flavor, before they ran out.

If it's any consolation, I did manage to get there in time. I had my ice cream, and it was delicious. You should really try it some time.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant James Kermit
Starbase Operations
Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// VanillaOrBust\menu.xif

Spoiler: Code to Copy/PasteShow
Copy
[table][tr][td] [color=#239edd][size=2]TO[/size][/color] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK Name[/font] [color=#239edd][size=2]CC[/size][/color] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK Name; RANK Name;[/font] [color=#239edd][size=2]FROM[/size][/color] [font=Ubuntu Mono] RANK YourName[/font] [color=#239edd][size=2]SUBJ[/size][/color] [font=Ubuntu Mono]Message Subject Goes Here[/font] [/td][/tr][/table] Message body [color=#dd9323][font=Ubuntu Mono]//SIGNED//[/font][/color] Rank Name Name Position/Posting [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#239edd]//ATTACHMENT//[/color] filename.log[/font]

Spoiler: Single-Logo Letterhead TemplateShow
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO LT Kermit
CC ENS Runningbear; LCDR Sedai;
FROM CAPT Perim

SUBJ Trampling on the Promenade

Lieutenant,

It has come to my attention that you were involved in a stampede of officers, rushing from Operations to a new shop open on the Promenade, in which at least one of your fellow officers was quite literally trampled upon.

I should not have to tell you how serious an issue this is. Such behavior is bad for morale, and literally dangerous. Injured, demoralized officers are not efficient officers. As a result, I'll be placing an official reprimand in your file, and issuing a one-week ban on eating ice cream while on duty, for the entire department.

If everyone had simply walked calmly to the delicious new ice cream shop, I believe that we all would have arrived safely and enjoyed our treats. I sincerely hope you remember this lesson, the next time you have a craving.

//SIGNED//
Captain Neema Perim
Commanding, Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// security42456.log

Copy
[table][tr][td][center][img] https://i.imgur.com/BH1Pd8X.png [/img][/center][/td][td width=70%][center] *****Choose one and delete the other two:***** [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#caf3b1]Security Level 1 - Open [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#dd9323]Security Level 2 - Confidential [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#dd2423]Security Level 3 - Restricted [/color][/center][rule] [size=2][color=#239edd]TO[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK Name[/font] [size=2][color=#239edd]CC[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK Name; RANK Name;[/font] [size=2][color=#239edd]FROM[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK YourName[/font] [size=2][color=#239edd]SUBJ[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]Message Subject Goes Here[/font] [/td][/tr][/table] Dear So-and-so, Message contents here. [color=#dd9323][font=Ubuntu Mono]//SIGNED//[/font][/color] Rank Name Name Position/Posting [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#239edd]//ATTACHMENT//[/color] filename.log[/font]

Spoiler: Double-Logo Letterhead TemplateShow
BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 2 - Confidential

TO VADM Rilem
CC LT Jal'Shan; LT Kermit;
FROM CAPT Perim

SUBJ Trampling on the Promenade
4OB3P0J.png

Admiral,

Allow me to express my deepest condolences for your spilled ice cream, that resulted from the actions of the officers under my command. I would like to assure you that this matter is being dealt with in the most serious of terms. I have already reprimanded the officers involved, and I am confident that measures have been taken to prevent future instances of such behavior.

While I know that your spilled ice cream can never be truly replaced, I hope you'll accept the attached 10% off coupon to Vanilla or Bust, along with my sincerest apologies, for this unfortunate incident. It is my hope that this coupon may, in some small way, help begin to fill the hole in your heart left by your dearly departed cone from yesterday.

//SIGNED//
Captain Neema Perim
Commanding, Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// 10%offVanillaOrBust.cpn

Copy
[table][tr][td][center][img] https://i.imgur.com/BH1Pd8X.png [/img][/center][/td][td width=60%][center] *****Choose one and delete the other two:***** [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#caf3b1]Security Level 1 - Open [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#dd9323]Security Level 2 - Confidential [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#dd2423]Security Level 3 - Restricted [/color][/center][rule] [size=2][color=#239edd]TO[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK Name[/font] [size=2][color=#239edd]CC[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK Name; RANK Name;[/font] [size=2][color=#239edd]FROM[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]RANK YourName[/font] [size=2][color=#239edd]SUBJ[/color][/size] [font=Ubuntu Mono]Message Subject Goes Here[/font] [/td][td][center][img] https://i.imgur.com/4OB3P0J.png [/img][/center][/td][/tr][/table] Dear So-and-so, Message contents here. [color=#dd9323][font=Ubuntu Mono]//SIGNED//[/font][/color] Rank Name Name Position/Posting [font=Ubuntu Mono][color=#239edd]//ATTACHMENT//[/color] filename.log[/font]
19 Likes