Jan 12: Staff meeting

Staff meeting is called to discuss the ongoing Alarian-Breen conflict, and further actions that must be undertaken to secure the KDF assets in the region...

--

When: Saturday, Jan 12, Beta +1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Social RP

Starting point: Fleet Starbase

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
5 Likes
Spoiler: Meeting transcriptShow
Kayd@anncarise nods to Sadia as she steps into the room, "Captain. Thanks again for coming to help with that Breen base."

Egzo@HF_Mudd slides into his usual seat, mug of something in hand.

Sadia@gulremal: Uh, no need to thank for that. I wished I was with you folks from the start. You had quite a tough ride there.

Kayd@anncarise: "That was a well-guarded base. Any more intel on these other Breen?"

Kayd@anncarise: "Or we still in the dark?"

Sadia@gulremal: *sighs* Not yet. I sent an inquiry to Intelligence, but I am skeptical about any results.

Kayd@anncarise nods, "The Breen's more isolationist nature probably doesn't help, does it..."

Sadia@gulremal: They tend to keep to themselves, aside from raids. We still don't even know how many different breen states are there, let alone their internal relations.

Sadia@gulremal: They usually appear as an unified front to the outsiders, and most people stay outta their way. But as we witnessed, there's internal struggling for sure.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

Egzo@HF_Mudd: Makes sense, though. That they'd even betray their own, if the stakes're high enough.

Kayd@anncarise: "There aren't many people in the galaxy that are truly united. Even the Federation's had to deal with their own uprisings, like the one after the Cardassian conflicts."

Egzo@HF_Mudd smirks. "And we all know about the Great Houses."

Lexi@crystyll snorts

Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Like the thing just lately with Martok and J'mpok and..."

Sadia@gulremal: Well, I spoke with Berylia yesterday. She's currently providing defense for the Brionii, but she will most likely be summoned by the Grand Marshall.

Egzo@HF_Mudd quiets, surprisingly(?), as Sadia speaks.

Sadia@gulremal: Main alarian and breen forces have reached the stalemate over the almavian homeworld. Alarians are unwilling to step down and will go for the final push.

Sadia@gulremal: *to Egzo* It's always like that. If there's an ounce of power to be had, you'd have someone fighting over it.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again.

Sadia@gulremal: I will send a squadron to help defend the Brionii as Berlyia's forces move out, but we will not participate in the big battle.

Sadia@gulremal: It would seem the majority of the alarian clans ain't happy with our presence, and Grand Marshall will not ask for our assistance. *shrugs*

Egzo@HF_Mudd snorts.

Sadia@gulremal: As you said, lots of bickering and backstabbing all around.

Sadia@gulremal: Also, I sent the report to High Council, asking for official recognition of the Almavian Free Trader colony of Brionii.

Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Think they'll go for it?"

Sadia@gulremal: Considering practically every other local power - save the Breen, of course - have recongnized their neutrality, I see no reason why not.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again.

Kayd@anncarise: "And the Empire's not on the best of terms with the Breen, so recognizing something they don't is a good message."

Sadia@gulremal: I could exert direct authority in this case, but I have no wish to step in front of them and explain myself so soon.

Sadia@gulremal: I was told to expect someone from I.I. for a debriefing regarding the trilithium weapon. That will be soooo "fun".

Sadia@gulremal: *shudders, turns to her left and to her right* Yeah.

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But that's about the Alarian-Breen conflict for now. We helped where we could - you folks did a great job, I wish I was there with my bird for that carrier fight.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Could'a used ya, sure. But you'll get the next one."

Egzo@HF_Mudd takes it as a matter of course that there'll always be a Next Fight.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Lexi* I heard one of the loresingers on the station is looking for you folks, so she can write a song about it.

Lexi@crystyll grins, "Rightly so too. It was a glorious day!"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "It certainly was quite a fight."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, better catch her soon before she gets too creative...

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I assume they'll be somewhere near the bar?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Most likely. But before I continue with the next thing on the list, do you folks have anything to report or bring for discussion?

Lexi@crystyll shakes her head

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Well, we got more intel on the Scryer, and plans for some future ops."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Oh? Let's hear it.

[Team] Sadia@gulremal: also, next weekend Sam will be running the event, sadia will give a basic briefing soon

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Two Colonial Fleet ships stopped by Narris while we were fighting Breen and dropped off one of their Orions as an attache."

Kayd@anncarise looks around, "You were involved when the Colonial Fleet tried to steal the Thana Vaneri, weren't you?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Indeed, they busted our bar well that time.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "You saw the clone that Vora used? The one of Mysti she could assume direct control over in order to personally oversee the mission."

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods grimly.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* Yes, that was quite a...disturbing experience. *shifts uncomfortably at the mention of Mysti*

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Well, apparently that's the reason between the discrepency of all our sources on the Scryer."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "All our intel- and all of yours from Imperial Intelligence- suggests that the Scryer is Eren Lokan, an ex-Cardassian spy that should be 90 years old by now. Except, all physical encounters describe -

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: - him as a young Cardassian male, in his 30s or so."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "So he's gone and got himself some new meat too?"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "So to speak. He hasn't made himself younger or anything, but he's using the New World's tech to clone himself and take control of younger bodies."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: So, he's practically immortal?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "No, the Colonial Fleet hasn't quite achieved what the Dominion has with the Vorta yet. He can still die if his real body is killed."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "But his real body is hidden away somewhere, and he only ever makes contact through either comms or clones."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "The good news is that this connection can be exploited. Our attache's given us a method to trace the connection he has to his clones back to his real body."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "How 'bout cutting the string, if we need to?"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "As in, cutting all his clones off from him?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, if we can track down his real body and dispose of him, his clones will become irrelevant?

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "That's the idea. We can easily cut off access between him and a clone if we see a clone, but there's no way to do it on an interplanetary scale."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "And even if there was, that would destroy all subspace comms through the quadrant and render every planet in the dark."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Hrm. Nah, that's no good."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Best solution is to get the real Scryer."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "So we cut the head off the snake"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Exactly. Problem is we have no way of tracking down the clones right now."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "They turn up from time to time, but the procedure requires a lot of prep and a lot of specialized agents. Not something one person can do if they happen to run into a Scryer clone."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "And the Scryer /always/ meets others on his terms."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "There's two plans we're working on to go after the clone. First one is to get someone posing as a potential client, but there's no guarantee he'll show up with a clone."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Could just use a muddled comm frequency bounced across the quadrant and impossible to track."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "And the second plan?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, it would have to be someone really important for him to meet clone-to-face, so to speak.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Second plan is a gamble too. We suspect his Eyes know his clones' movements, or at least can set up a meeting with one."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "We don't know for sure, but even if they don't have that information taking down an Eye is still a big win."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yeah."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "The Scryer is only a broker. Vora suspects that he's only using the clones to get a kick, feel like he's in his prime again doing fieldwork."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "But for the most part, he just connects his clients with suppliers, that is the Eyes and their cells who actually collect intelligence."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "So even if we take him down, some of the cells will likely continue to be a threat. Which means we'll have to take down the Eyes sooner or later anyways."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Sounds like quite the op"

Kayd@anncarise chuckles, "More like a shadow war than a single op."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Yeah, but we can't allow neither him or the Eyes free reign after all the troubles they caused.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "For now, Orion Naval Intelligence is working on a lure to attract an Eye."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Indeed, and I don't like it. All this sneaking around and double-dealing..."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Still..." she looks to Kayd

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "That's the part that could use KDF assistance, actually. Neither the OSN nor the New World has cloak tech."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "And catching an Eye unaware...that's probably the minimum we'll need."

Egzo@HF_Mudd chuckles and nods.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "We may also have your bait. That is, I might"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Oh?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd finishes the drink he was taking, then makes a similar sound of curiousity.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, we can definitely assist you with moving around undetected.

Lexi@crystyll turns to Sadia, "You no doubt recall the circumstances of my arrival here"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Disgraced house, ship fulla refugees, all that?"

Lexi@crystyll nods looking back to Kayd, "Could be; the last scion of a wrongly outcast house seeking intel on their unknown enemy may be a sufficient lure for you..."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "And it may even serve my own agenda as well"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods* So you plan to ask the Eyes for "help"?

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "That could work. The rest of us are too well-known by the Network to pretend to be clients. But they could easily fall for you."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "It's a verifiable situation that could serve us both" she nods

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "I'm down for it if you are."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "I like it."

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins at Lexi, one schemer to another.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Alright, I can start laying the groundwork with quiet queries among my few associates"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Good, keep me appraised of the situation and whether do you require any additional assistance.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Much as I despise all this shadowy crap, Vix has experience that we've already capitalized on"

Lexi@crystyll nods an affirmative to Sadia

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Excellent. We're glad to have your help."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "Just think 'a it like comin' in under cloak."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "First ya sneak, then ya show yerselves an' rip their guts out."

Lexi@crystyll smirks, "I like the way you think"

Egzo@HF_Mudd raises his mug in half-mocking (but only half) toast to Lexi, and has another drink.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right. Anyone else has something to bring up?

Kayd@anncarise shakes her head, "That's all I got for today."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Mercs're still under strength from where we were."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "We got some cutters tricklin' in, by ones and twos, but no ships or crews lately."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Hm. Well, we might get another merc soon. I spoke with Captain Bishop from the 38th Fleet.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "That's your hew-mon boytoy's unit, right?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: They have a...Borg issue they require assistance with. Plus a human merc -

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *blinks*

Egzo@HF_Mudd blinks back. "What?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Ehhhh, Tau is a water under the bridge, relationship wise. But yes, I guess you didn't hear the news.

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs. "Nothin' wrong with keepin' one on the side. Somethin' happen?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Just as you guys were sent to help Berylia, I was on my way back from Qo'nos after debrief on the Hur'q conflict.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I was diverted to Deep Space 13 to oversee peace talk between Feds and the locals called the Confederacy of Azed.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Let us say that the entire ordeal ended up in a three way fight between the Alliance, Azedi and unknown aliens, the Junayd, who had some score to settle with Azedi.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Junayd ships were all destroyed, Azedi were forced to retreat, but DS 13 had to be evacuated and most of Starfleet space hotels had a quite repair list.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "That was where the Thana was sent under the command of Tabadi Lorri to provide humanitarian assistance, wasn't it?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That's why I was away for a while, helping the survivors to settle at K-7 and assist with, well, counterattack.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Sounds like quite the fight we missed..." she pouts

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *nods to Kayd* Yep...unfortunately, aside from blowing couple of their military factories and parading border planets, nothing really came of it.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I'll be recalling all remaining support ships as soon as DS13 is back in operation.

Egzo@HF_Mudd huhs.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: However, this thing captain Bishop contacted me about is unrelated. It seems there's some kind of Borg outfit that's not in the contact with the Collective.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "The Cooperative?"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "The Thana Vaneri should be on its way here as well, with her new captain taking over as the proper OSN representative."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: They captured a federation starship and took control of some local species that just developed FTL drive.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: And yeah, I mean took control, as enslaved, not assimilated.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Lexi* Bishop said he checked with Cooperative rep, and they claim these Borg did not come from them.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "I'm no expert on the Borg, but I'm guessing getting cut off from their hive mind probably changed how they behave."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Still, Borg are Borg. Even Borg tech without Borg behind it can be extremely dangerous."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "So I assume they'll also be rendering assistance. You know what they're like with liberations..."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shrugs* They are led by an "Emperor". Anyhow, Bishop asked us to help him with retrieving the ship, or its datacore, to learn more about these Borg.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: There are two other factors in the story - local rebel force and a human merc that worked for the KDF during the Iconian war.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It seems this merc, Henry Hawkins, had a previous hostile encounter with these Borg, and it costed him a vessel. He tracked the Borg to the planet and tried to steal the ship for himself, but I guess *

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: - Feds got to him first.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, this looks to interesting to pass - both the strange Borg, that federation ship and this merc.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Anyhow, captain Bishop and his MACO team will cooperate with local rebels and cause a diversion. We fly in on a cloaked bird and steal the ship.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *ahems* Pardon, "retrieve" the ship.

Lexi@crystyll smirks

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It seems pretty straightforward, though these Borg will probably act differently than the standard fare.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "If they ain't part a' the hive, yeah."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Egzo and Lexi* I was hoping to use Hag'lhr or Qanwl' for this. But if things go wrong, Daramar's assault squadrons will be on standby to brute force the situation.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Any word how THAT happened?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *shakes head* Feds are as clueless as we are, but Bishop believes that ship might hold the answers.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "We can get ya in, sneaky like. But I'd be happier with Big D Backin' us up, fer sure."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I fear I may be otherwise engaged aiding this Scryer business"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: If these were the usual Borg, the planet would already be chock-full of nanites and they would be building a new nexus.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: But so far, their only FTL capable vessel is that Feddie ship.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Is there going to be transporter support with the bird of prey, or would that risk its stealth too much?"

Egzo@HF_Mudd hrms again.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Kayeri Vaj can spare some Ghosts. They're the best stealth soldiers we have, but they work best with ship support that lets them carry out their famous maneuvers."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Well, we will plan this in more detail with the captain Bishop. But unless they installed transporter blockers, beam outs are definitely an option.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Might blow the cloak and give the enemy a way to track the bird of prey, but depends on how we do the whole mission," she nids.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: I'm planning to move out with the morning shift. Hopefully this should be over quickly. And this Hawkins guy could be an interesting addition to merc lineup.

Egzo@HF_Mudd rubs his chin.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Aside from this mission, we'll be back to business as usual unless Breen pull a quick one.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Might do a round of check-ups with local colonies and tributaries.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods. "Get that widrab scientist back to his people, now that he's outta sickbay and knows that he's got some."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Chu'tul, Mal'laan, Dromund, Elab-

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *her mood darkens a bit* Yeah...pity it was too chaotic a situation to rescue his folks from that facility.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "We weren't set up for a big rescue. Least they died quick an' bright."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: It's still a waste of talent. *sigh* Yeah, I'll sort that one out myself *to Lexi* I'll pay Qanwl' a visit and get the fellow to Mal'laan.

Lexi@crystyll nods, "He's all yours"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: All right. Anything else?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Not from me."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: "Nothing from me either."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "I'm good."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Just don't get yourself killed or droned, 'kay?"

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: In that case, meeting is over! *slams the table*

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: *to Egzo* Hm? You not coming for this one?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Oh, I'll be along. Just sayin'."

Egzo@HF_Mudd shrugs again.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: Just gotta be prepared. Need to polish my close combat skills, and see about getting some modernized projectile weaponry.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Awright, then."

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: That's it for tonight, folks. Get some rest, I doubt we'll have any peace anytime soon.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods again, draining whatever remains in his mug as he rises.

[Local] Sadia@gulremal: If you need anything, I should be on Daramar as soon as I organize transport for the widrab fella.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Better go catch that loresinger then. Qapla'" she salutes.
4 Likes