Judgement of the Circle [Closed RP]

//RECORDING BEGINS//
NARRIS II COUNCIL CHAMBERS
STARDATE 94623.1

The members of the Orion Space Navy's ruling body, the Tabadi's Circle, are seated around a large circular table, save for two. One seat remains vacant, while Tabadi Emeria stands in front of her other, hands rested on the transparent tabletop that doubles as a projection surface for the visual interface of the consoles provided for each matriarch.

EMERIA: This is an outrage! Why are we even humouring her? That alien is a murderer!

TAYRI: From Mysti's report it seems like she's half-Orion.

ZAIRA: So what? The Syndicate's leadership is full Orion ever since D'ian took over. Are we going to invite them here too? They're bashwaiyn to our people.

DELANDRIA: Ladies...

EMERIA: And she deserves to be cut down like bashwaiyn, after all the lives she's taken!

LORRI: We took in ex-Syndicate ships, ex-Syndicate members. Tabadi Kayd even sits among us now.

EMERIA: Kayd is different.

DELANDRIA: Ladies...

LORRI: Kayd is-

KAYD: Thank you, Lorri. I can speak for myself.

EMERIA: There is no need for further speech! Don't you see? She's trying to turn us against one another! If we let her ideas get to our heads we'll be doing exactly what she wants. We can't let her manipulate us. We shouldn't even be letting her talk.

DELANDRIA: Ladies!

All the voices in the chamber go quiet.

DELANDRIA: Unbelievable. Are we bickering thugs or civilized matriarchs?

EMERIA: Apologies, Tabadi Delandria.

Emeria takes her seat.

DELANDRIA: We are the representatives of the new Orion people. Not all of us may be of highborn blood, but we've ensured that each and every addition to the Circle is an exemplary example of the Orion species. Do you truly believe us to be so weak that we would be swayed by this Branded Lady? Let her speak. We are more than capable of filtering out truth from lies.

EMERIA: I must protest-

KAYD: Or is it the truth you fear, Emeria? I've seen that look too often during my time in the Syndicate.

DELANDRIA: Kayd!

KAYD: Sorry.

Delandria gestures to Emeria.

EMERIA: The Branded Lady poses a very real threat here, Tabadis. Remember the last time she was at Narris?

EISA: How could I forget?

LORRI: We're prepared for her this time. And I believe if she wanted to strike again, she wouldn't be kind enough to warn us in advance.

ZAIRA: That is a fair point. I still think there's something not quite right about this, but I don't think military action is her plan this time.

TAYRI: Assassination, perhaps, like she attempted on me. Though she's proven more than capable of infiltrating our ranks and even impersonating our leaders with the use of clones. She wouldn't need to be here in person.

KAYD: Good thing some of us are here by holo.

LORRI: Well whatever it is, we're going to find out soon.

The great doors to the circular chamber slides open. Tabadi Mysti enters, followed by an aqua-green female figure, her face decorated in a variety of black tattoos. The figure's piercing red gaze falls straight upon Emeria. The proud matriarch turns away while all other eyes in the room gathers on the half-alien. For a long moment, no one makes a single sound.

DELANDRIA: Tabadi Mysti. Welcome back.
4 Likes
Mysti looked about the gathered faces with a welcome smile as she ushered their guest to the centre of the room, holding at her side with just a cursory glance to the empty seat which waited for her. She looked ahead to the central seat and Delandria, bowing formally with both arms spread to her sides and palms open.

MYSTI: Thank you Delandria, it is always a pleasure to return home. Ladies; my fellow Tabadi - I stand before you as we collectively stand at a precipice. As you all well know, I have been working tirelessly on the Thana Vaneri to combat the greatest threat to this Circle, the OSN and our colonies, since it's reformation; that posed by the Branded Lady and her advanced forces.

She pauses and glances to the woman at her side before continuing

LORRI: Enough with the inspiring speeches Mysti - we are not some mindless males you speak to, so easily swayed by a silver tongue - what is this all about?

MYSTI: Forgive the indulgence Tabadi Lorri, simply acting with prudence to reiterate the gravitas of this occasion; I would not want to leave doubt in anyone's mind just how serious this is - nor how significant that /I/ of all people stand here - at her side - given how big a thorn she has been in /my/ side beyond most.

Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, Mysti refocuses on the Circle at large

MYSTI: This is indeed the one known to us as 'The Branded Lady'. I am here to report that during my investigation into her conduct - and her remarkable success at undermining this Circle - certain truths have surfaced that must be heard. I do this not to cast blame or doubt...

Her gaze drifts ever so slightly towards Emeria

MYSTI: ...I do this because - despite my personal feelings and what I'd like to do this individual - the cycle of blood for blood can not continue indefinitely. I take this stand now because I trust in this Circle and it's wisdom; so I ask of you - ladies - hear the truths I have learned direct from the source, and make your judgement; for what follows and what decisions are made here today may very well shape the future of the Orion peoples.

With that and a curt nod to the Branded Lady, Mysti ascended to take her empty seat and looked to Delandria - figuring she would be the first to speak.
3 Likes
Delandria nods back, shifting her focus from Mysti to the Branded Lady once again. Her face is blank and formal, though a single finger taps ever so slightly against the glass of the table.

DELANDRIA: So, you are the Branded Lady. Your name and organization is tied with the attack on our shipyards here at Narris II, the attempt on the life of Tabadi Tayri, the sabotage attempt of the SNV Kayeri Vaj and the theft of the SNV Thana Vaneri. How do you answer these accusations?

BRANDED LADY: I am, directly or indirectly, responsible for all these acts.

DELANDRIA: You've come to turn yourself in, then?

BRANDED LADY: I have come to explain my actions.

TAYRI: So you hold no accountability for what you've done?

BRANDED LADY: I might be open to reparations.

Zaira breaks her stare at the aqua-green alien and shoots a glance at Delandria.

ZAIRA: Reparations? She should be arrested, minimum, for what she's done.

BRANDED LADY: You will arrest me as much as you dare arrest a Federation ambassador. The Colonial Fleet is no Starfleet, but we are more than a match for you. A war is something you cannot afford. Something neither of us can afford.

KAYD: You were the one who declared war on us first.

BRANDED LADY: That is what I have come to challenge.

Murmurs slowly begin to rise, the exact words jumbled and inaudible in the recording. Delandria raises a hand and the room falls quiet. Several matriarchs who had leaned forward to join the conversation slowly relax back into their seats.

DELANDRIA: Tabadi Mysti. You have heard her story. You know her ways better than most here. Do you personally believe there is some modicum of truth to what she claims?
3 Likes
MYSTI: That I do, esteemed Tabadi. And that is why I was why willing to bring her here today. Though I would be first in line to seek vengeance for the lost Ruri at this woman's hand - girls /I/ liberated from the Syndicate myself under the promise of a bright and prosperous future - I am also the first to recognize the need for change. As fast as the OSN and it's protectorates have grown in recent years; we are still not complete...

She pauses to look around the room at the gathered faces

MYSTI...Though this Circle may have been founded from High Orion origin, the mix of faces I see before me today reflects this Circle's wisdom in accepting the need for change when it comes to the best interests of our people. Like it or not; we must accept that we in fact do not represent the true body of the Orion race; not when we remain scattered to the stars. The colony represented by the Branded Lady stands as the single largest settlement of the free Orion people outside of the OSN, and I for hold faith that we are stronger together than divided; strong enough even to present a united front to the Syndicate who have desecrated our once beautiful homeworld... and reclaim it from them!
3 Likes
EISA: We would all like to see the Syndicate gone and the Orion people finally unified under a proper government, but I'd rather have to wait for my daughter's daughter to accomplish that than to speed up the process with her clones. If they were just clones it might be alright, but these abominations engineered for war? They are not Orion.

BRANDED LADY: The clones are weapons, Tabadi. While I must admit I'm quite fond of some of the better spliced models, they were made for a purpose and they serve that purpose. I do not intend for them to replace Orions.

TAYRI: What do you have to offer us, then?

BRANDED LADY: You've primarily seen clones and mercenaries in my raiding fleet because it's a risky business, and they're more expendable. I was once a Syndicate cell leader, you know, and took most of my loyal people with me. Since then I've gathered a fair amount of defectors and former slaves too. I wouldn't say we're the largest free Orion settlement, as there is also the other half of my ancestry, but I think you'll find having them as friends to be very beneficial.

EMERIA: If it's her people we want, we don't need her to stay in power. I'm sure we can work out some deal with them; force their hand to give her over into our custody. Like she said, none of us can afford a full-on conflict. Let's use that to our advantage.
2 Likes
TAYRI: Hold on Emeria, that may well be true; but she is still the link we have at present between us and them. Mysti?

MYSTI: Yes, she no more speaks unequivocally for her people as I would for this Circle. But much as I represent our interests to the wider galaxy, so she is doing the same now by standing before you. But this is not simply about a matter of timing and convenience, else I might agree that patience would be the right path.

DELANDRIA: Tabadi Mysti you are clearly eluding to something bittersweet. Be a dear and put us out of our misery would you?

MYSTI: Of course, Tabadi. The truth I first spoke of; the reason this has to be aired now because such things left to fester over time only end up becoming harder to deal with - and costing more lives in the interim - the truth that this woman - the Branded Lady - has already served this Circle, and the reasoning for her focused efforts against us was simple payback for the way she was cast aside... the same way I'll remind you all that many in Circle at the time saw fit to cast /me/ aside when my ascension was tabled...
2 Likes
DELANDRIA: Is this true? Viki, you've been managing recruitment and personnel since the official establishment of the OSN. Do you have any records of someone matching the Branded Lady's description?

VIKI: If I saw someone so...strikingly memorable, I'm sure I would have remembered. But I'll search our records just to be safe.

Viki taps the glass projection in front of her, causing a much larger holographic projection to rise up from it. She swipes her fingers across the display, scrolling through a long list.

BRANDED LADY: Don't bother. You're not going to find me in your records. That would beat the whole point of a black ops group.

VIKI: We've certainly never run a black ops group. At most we've hired mercenaries for an extra hand, but we always kept a record.

BRANDED LADY: Of course Emeria would never have told you about it.

EMERIA: See? She's trying to play us against one another, just as I warned. She's probably obtained intel that Mysti and I didn't exactly start off on the best of terms. Who knows what she has on the rest of the Circle? Anyways, her agenda is clear. She can speak for the sake of due process, but don't believe a word she says.
2 Likes
MYSTI: Emeria, please; we are beyond the time for such games. You think I bring her before you lightly? Believe me when I say I - as a former outsider looked down upon by this Circle's founders - trust in it's wisdom. You and I have both grown to see the err of ways past; do not allow concerns of the self to cloud judgement as to the greater good as it once did. Share in my trust that this Circle will act wisely and let the truth be heard, I beg of you...
2 Likes
EISA: I for one am curious to hear how the Branded Lady will defend herself. But let this be a collective decision of the Circle, as was the way we agreed on when we established the Navy.

LORRI: Yes, let's.

Each member of the Tabadi's Circle reaches forward to their respective interfaces on the glass table, making almost identical gestures before returning their hands to their lap. Kayd taps the screen an extra time once all others had finished.

KAYD: The Circle has decided in favour of allowing the Branded Lady to continue.

Emeria huffs and leans back into her seat. Her fingers can be seen fidgeting slightly among one another.

DELANDRIA: Go on. Tell us about this alleged black ops group.

BRANDED LADY: I met Emeria shortly after the founding of the OSN. We didn't hit it off right away as you can imagine, her being highborn and me being some half-alien ex-slave. But soon we realized our goals aligned, and we could benefit from one another. I couldn't join the OSN obviously, not being entirely Orion myself, but that was what Emeria wanted.

KAYD: An unaccountable marauding force.

BRANDED LADY: Exactly. The OSN was young and had virtually no resources. Just a few old ships, most of them about ready to be thrown into a junkyard. You were trying to go legitimate but no one took you seriously enough to help you yet. You wanted the Syndicate to go down, but you know hitting them when you haven't even gotten on your feet yet is suicide. And here I was, someone with the power of a Syndicate cell at my command yet despised the Syndicate. How do you think you managed to obtain so many Syndicate built ships?

TAYRI: We salvaged everything we could find, sometimes traded non-Orion salvage for second-hand Syndicate ships on the black market. We conducted small-scale sabotage operations, even stole a few ships from right under their noses.

BRANDED LADY: Conducted by Emeria, no doubt.

TAYRI: Yes. She has always been responsible for building up the fleet on the starship side of things.

BRANDED LADY: Were you a part of the OSN then?

TAYRI: No, I wasn't.

BRANDED LADY: Mysti. I'm sure we all know the tale by now, but could you refresh everyone's memories on how I managed to infiltrate a Klingon station and take the Thana Vaneri?
2 Likes
Mysti groaned with the recollection but straightened her posture as she addressed the crowd

MYSTI: You deceived the KDF with the arrival of a marauder vessel known to them by infamy - the NFV Shadowfin - and it's pirate captain Marduk. With the starbase senior staff gathered, myself included as - I'm sure you all need no reminder - I serve as Captain of the Merchant Navy out of SB151 for the KDF, part of our mutual agreement which allows me to expand the realm of the OSN's influence.

LORRI: Enough with the history lesson Mysti, we all know how proud you are of your work; there is no need for this!

MYSTI: A brief divergence to apply context to the situation being described, Tabadi. Anyway, once we were all gathered things very quickly became apparent as wrong and the starbase was swarmed by automated drones which turned out to be familiar to many of our KDF allies as they were mechanical spider drones as utilized by Blood Queen Maral.

She paused at the mention of the equally infamous rogue Orion element, knowing many in the room would be familiar with Maral by repute if not direction action

KAYD: I am familiar with such constructs, they pack a nasty punch...

MYSTI: Indeed; as our KDF allies learned the hard way when they began to explode in close quarters. But I digress; this all served as a mere distraction as we soon received word from Ops. that the Thana had disembarked - under my direct orders.

Another wave of murmuring washed over the room before being silenced by a simple raised hand from Delandria, who proceeded to gesture the same hand to Mysti for her to continue.

MYSTI: We pursued the Thana and eventually managed to board her with the aid of my personal drone who was still on board. Communication with the drone also indicated that /I/ was on board and commanding the ship. Ladies, as you may well have figured by this point; she stole the Thana by infiltration with a clone of me. A clone which she gained the ability to develop after a prior infiltration by one of her assassination models which slipped aboard having replaced one of Emeria's engineers.

With that, she settled back in her seat, returning her gaze to the Branded Lady that she may continue the direction she was intending having resurfaced that particular incident.
3 Likes
The Branded Lady looks away from Mysti, her gaze drifting across the rest of the Circle.

BRANDED LADY: I've been told you have records of how the SNV Mirak was obtained.

TAYRI: We should, but how is that relevant?

BRANDED LADY: Tell me about it, and we'll see.

Tayri types on her interface and stares for a moment before returning her attention to the Branded Lady and the Circle.

TAYRI: According to the records, a recently taken Syndicate corvette OSS Luma Flars was used to approach a Syndicate space station. Once on board, the crew traded the Luma Flars for the much larger OSS Mirak.

BRANDED LADY: Exactly what I did with the Thana, just without the clones and all.

EMERIA: This proves nothing. She clearly knew the Mirak's story and she must have intentionally pulled off the Thana's theft in the same way.

BRANDED LADY: Oh please, Emeria. I'm smart but not that smart. I didn't plan an operation to both steal a ship and set in motion some conceited plot to manipulate you all. I just employed a variation of my own proven strategy.

LORRI: Assuming what you say is true, what caused you to turn against Emeria?

BRANDED LADY: Turn against Emeria? More like she tried to cut me loose and cut off an arm in the process.

DELANDRIA: Do explain.

BRANDED LADY: I didn’t have any form of traceable contact with Emeria. We used a single agent for all our communications. Vanshi.

ZAIRA: Nonsense. Vanshi was a Syndicate spy. When we discovered her identity she tried to flee back to her masters. She prompted the Arven Skirmish when the Syndicate picked her up in the Arven system, but we were able to destroy all their ships there before they could get the intel anywhere.

BRANDED LADY: That’s the story you know. The ships at Arven weren’t Syndicate. They were mine. One of our raids went wrong, and the Syndicate was starting to get wind of what was going on. Emeria wanted to eliminate anything that could lead back to her, so she tried to kill Vanshi, but Vanshi escaped alive.

The Branded Lady glares at Emeria.

BRANDED LADY: So she spun this lie of her being a spy and having stolen important information. Meanwhile, Vanshi set up a meet without telling me what was happening, probably so I wouldn’t panic either. Well, I sent four ships thinking it was to carry out another mission from Emeria and they were blown to pieces. How was I supposed to know Emeria was acting behind all your backs? At the time I thought the whole OSN was in on it.

LORRI: How do we know your version of events is the real one?

BRANDED LADY: One of Mysti’s agents recently acquired some Syndicate data. Look through them. You’ll see that the supposed Syndicate ships destroyed at Arven were all marked as stolen from the Syndicate before then.

Everyone leans forward to check save Emeria, who waves a dismissive hand.

EMERIA: They’re data files. Files can be forged or doctored.

KAYD: That’s true, but as much as I want to say this one is a fake…it looks authentic to me.

ZAIRA: Are you sure?

KAYD: I know Syndicate data files.

The chamber goes silent again. Some of the Circle set their eyes on Emeria and some turn towards Delandria and Eisa, the eldest Tabadis. Others focus their attention on Mysti and the Branded Lady, the harbingers of this new incriminating information.
3 Likes
MYSTI: Ladies, please! I told you all at the start of this session that my investigation had revealed certain truths which must be heard by the Circle; these are the truths of which I spoke. I must reiterate that this is not about casting blame of the shadow of doubt, this is about airing the cold hard facts so that we - as a collective - can make the right decision in moving forwards.
3 Likes
EISA: Well said, Mysti. All of us here, despite any personal feelings we may have against the Branded Lady, wish to move past this conflict and prevent further bloodshed. Though first we must determine the validity of what she says, not to lay blame on her or Emeria, but as a judge of character to determine the sincerity of the peace she offers us now.

KAYD: I've had enough of dealing with layers upon layers of lies with the Syndicate. Emeria, please. Just tell us the truth.

VIKI: We do have a few telepaths who work with the OSN. I don't want to have to call on them to violate the privacy of a fellow Tabadi. Just make this easier for all of us.
3 Likes
Mysti raised a hand to Viki in protest

MYSTI: Tabadi, that hardly seems necessary. Don't you see? This is exactly what I wished to avoid. To back Emeria into a corner like that would make us no better than Syndicate we have /all/ fought to avoid becoming. Emeria is - as she has always been - a distinguished example within this Circle; and she deserves better than that; let her clarify things amicably.

DELANDRIA: Thank you Mysti. Emeria; these allogations have been made regarding the existence of this black ops. Group at your behest. Please Tabadi, would you be so kind as to shed some light on this matter that we may progress to resolving the... situation before us.

With the conclusion of her statement, Delandria gestured to the Branded Lady stood patiently before the Circle as all eyes fall to Emeria.
3 Likes
Emeria sighs, uncrosses her legs, and sits straight.

EMERIA: It's true. I recruited her as a black ops branch of the OSN. It seemed like a good idea at the time, no, it /was/ a good idea. Both of us wanted to build a new future for Orions and hated the Syndicate. I knew ships, she had the means to get them. I provided the target vessels and the technical instructions on how to hijack them, she conducted the raids and we split the rewards. Some for her fleet, some for mine. I never meant for there to be an all-out battle at Arven.

BRANDED LADY: Tell that to the Orions who died there.

EMERIA: I said Vanshi was a Syndicate spy so no one else knew about these secret raids. If there's no OSN record on it, all the Syndicate can rely on is her testimony alone, assuming they catch her and she talks. It was safer for all of us! How was I supposed to know you were going to show up, and with ex-Syndicate ships that ended up being mistaken for actual Syndicate ships?

BRANDED LADY: It doesn't matter why you lied. I lost four ships and good people.

LORRI: Why didn't you tell us after Branded Lady started attacking us?

EMERIA: I was going to clean up my own mess. I thought I had it under control. She just seemed to be a merc with a vendetta. I had no idea she connected with the other half of her heritage and got a fleet that can match our own.

ZAIRA: And even when it became clear she was a real threat, you decided to withhold this information from the rest of the Circle?

DELANDRIA: Zaira! As Mysti said, we're not here to attack Emeria. First and foremost we must decide what to do regarding the Branded Lady situation. That's the most pressing issue.

EISA: Indeed. Now that we know her words are sincere and understand the reasoning behind her actions, are we willing to look past the Branded Lady's crimes against the Orion Space Navy to forge a new future for the Orion people together?

Once again, the members of the Circle reaches forward to cast their vote with their interfaces on the glass table. When everyone has made their decision, Kayd checks the results and gazes up at the Branded Lady.

KAYD: Looks like it's your lucky day.

DELANDRIA: Very well. The Branded Lady will not be subjected to any punitive actions against her person for her actions in the conflict between the Orion Space Navy and the Colonial Fleet. Now that we have decided upon this, there is the question of how we shall start moving forward. Mysti? You were the one who suggested this union. What are your thoughts?
3 Likes
MYSTI: Thank you, Tabadi.

She dips her head respectfully to Delandria before taking a moment to collect her thoughts, looking around the Circle at the faces of her Ruri - her sisters - before settling a gaze on the Branded Lady.

MYSTI: As many of you well know; I - like others of this Circle - rose from a life servitude at the Syndicate's hand. It is no secret that members of this very Circle first sought me to take command of the Thana Vaneri for this reason; to complete the political statement it made to our allies... and our enemies, regarding the strength and resolve of the reborn OSN.

As Mysti spoke, she could already see the eyerolls from certain members who cared not for her speeches. She idly traces a fingertip across her tattooed cheek as she continues.

MYSTI: Reluctant as I may have been at first - knowing the stigma I bore through my brand, in the eyes of High Orion society - I saw the potential in the OSN - and this Circle - to bring to fruition a dream which I had never dared to imagine seeing. I felt it brave to hope that one day my beloved daughter my once again walk upon the streets of our homeworld and was proud to at least be setting those long wheels in motion to make it a reality. But now ladies, as circumstances have continued to prove favorable and the Goddess continues to smile upon our endeavour; that dream beckons not just for the next generation... but our own.

Pausing to allow the inevitable sea of murmured discussion amongst the other other Circle members, she smiled quietly to herself as she stood, resting both hands firmly on the glass table before her as she continued with a more invigorated tone - voice carrying that bit further across the room as it seemed to demand attention from those present.

MYSTI: Ladies; I believe wholeheartedly that the OSN /is/ the future of the Orion peoples. But we can never presume to speak as such while our brothers and sisters are divided across the galaxy, and they will never return from that state unless presented a true home to unify around. Though political ideologies and bonds of trust will of course take time, this is nothing new to forged alliances. But while said bonds form between the OSN colonies and those represented by the Branded Lady, our fleets /can/ unite!

EISA: Tabadi, you can't seriously be suggesting what I think you are...

MYSTI: Why not?! Is it not the ultimate goal of everyone here? I look around this room today and can not help but smile with pride at our accomplishments. And I do not speak of the technological advances made, or Emeria's impressive fleet, the Narris Academy or even our civilian count! No... our greatest accomplishment is seen right here in this room; High Orion, slave, Syndicate, Green, Ruddy, Grey... every corner of our great society is represented here with a diversity rivaled only by that of the Federation Council! We have evolved beyond the old discriminations of stature, creed and gender, and united against a single common enemy - one which has single handedly desecrated the Orion name along with our shared heritage. But now... with the unity represented here opening up to include the Branded Lady's colonies - and the Colonial Fleet... /now/ we have the opportunity to make that impossible dream a reality for /our/ generation and retake the homeworld from the Syndicate!

She looks from the Branded Lady - to Emeria - and finally back to Delandria before slowly easing back into her seat as she closes her statement, her tone softening to it's more natural silken sound.

MYSTI: You all know me as an idealist - an impossible dreamer - but I put it to all of you now that when the dream comes within a calculable reach, surely... that is worth the effort to set aside petty differences born of unfortunate circumstances, in favour of achieving...
3 Likes
BRANDED LADY: Once the Colonial Fleet has liberated the Arshai, the other half of my heritage that is, I am permitted to use its assets for the liberation of the Orion people, with or without OSN support. But while the Fleet is comprised of many Orions, the majority of our colony is Arshai, and there will be even more once we have freed our kin from the Machine. Do you seek to incorporate alien elements into your union as well, or is it simply the Orions who you wish to have serving in the OSN?
3 Likes
The murmur of the crowd was rife with a sense of uncertainty before Delandria spoke up

DELANDRIA: You speak as grand as Tabadi Mysti, but let us not get ahead of ourselves. Ladies; I implore you to remain focused on the matter at hand. But to answer you question; we already numerous species serving proudly alongside our kin here. As to any larger scale association, that must be a discussion for another day.
4 Likes
The Branded Lady nods.

BRANDED LADY: The present matter I have come for is a cessation of all hostilities between the Colonial Fleet and the Orion Space Navy. I don't suppose we need a vote to all agree that this is the best course for both our fleets.

EISA: Regardless of personal feelings towards one another, it's clear that sustained conflict will bear too much costs for either side.

The rest of the Circle exchange glances with one another with some gestures of confirmation. A few quiet conversations begin to rise up before they are silenced by a louder voice addressing the entire chamber.

BRANDED LADY: But what I propose is more than a ceasefire. While the Colonial Fleet has taken its share of losses, I understand that my attack on Narris has drastically reduced the OSN's ability to produce new vessels and set back your development. That has left you vulnerable to more external threats. My ships are not as numerous or widely-spread as that of the Klingon Defence Force, but the recent attack on your resource colony has proven that we can aid in the protection of your assets.

TAYRI: If it's an alliance you propose, what do you want us to do in return?

BRANDED LADY: Cooperate against the Syndicate in due time, but I don't need to repeat Mysti's speech. For the moment, well, that's up to you.

The Branded Lady looks around the circular table, starting at Mysti and going from Orion to Orion.
3 Likes
Mysti seemed to smile satisfactorily as she offered a reassuring nod in return to the glance. Upon looking around the room, the Branded Lady could see that a distinct majority of the Circle's Tabadi's seemed at least amenable to the prospect; mostly those who had a history with the Syndicate.

Delandria also seemed to pick up on this as she called the Circle to order.

DELANDRIA: Ladies; the question is before us as to if we formally acknowledge a ceasefire with the Colonial Fleet, with view to this being a first step towards uniting our forces with theirs.

She slowly turns her gaze down to the Branded Lady with almost calculated movement

DELANDRIA: As for any participation in a counterstrike against the Syndicate. I won't lie... I am sure everybody here has - at some point or another - shared the dream of once again walking upon the land of our ancestors. But we can not in good faith commit to any such endeavour at such an early time. Regardless... I am confident that it will be given due consideration when the time comes, and, if it is clearly the right action to take for the betterment of the Orion people when that time comes; we will be there. For the moment - ladies - I feel that we are ready to make a decision regarding the armistice...

Delandria taps her 'vote' button on the glass table in front of her before sitting back and looking about the room as the others make their choice...
2 Likes