Julia Webb needs your help.

To: CMDR Pohl, M. (@Calyx )
CC:
Subj: Julia Webb needs your help.

Doctor Pohl,

I know this message is highly unusual, but I’m pretty sure I saw you greeting Julia when she came aboard the station, and I assume you are her doctor there. If I am wrong, please forward this to Doctor Jarnefelt or whomever is in charge of her medical care.

I guess I need to tell you some things about her. I don’t expect you to reply with details on her care to me, as I’m fairly certain you can’t, but I told her today that I would speak to you on her behalf.

I know this part isn’t really your department, but it may help to know. Not only is she in a lot of trauma and pain, but she feels betrayed. She said that she was told her occular implant could be removed within a few days, but it’s been at least a month. I honestly don’t know if something was said to her that she misunderstood, or if that was what was said, but the situation changed. It doesn’t matter, and I don’t want to accuse anyone. But it is what she thinks, and that may make her even more difficult than usual.

But also, I think it makes it more imperative to get the implant removed as soon as possible. Maybe not in a strictly medical sense, but she has some very serious trust issues. I’m not a psychologist, but I think it’s really important that she sees things being done as they are told to her, and also, it causes her ongoing hurt of an emotional sort. After talking to her on the station today, I think one of the biggest reasons she is uncomfortable on the station is that she thinks people see her as a monster. She indicated her occular implant when she said this to me. I know she’s not a monster, but with her looking like a full tactical drone, I can see where some people may be acting skittish around her. They are reminded of what the Borg have done to others, and can perhaps be forgiven for not taking the time to see what they did to her, and make her feel welcome. I wish they would, though.

I don’t know if she’d recognize her face more without that implant, but it almost certainly would help others see her a little more clearly, and that would at least possibly let them warm up to her a bit. Which may make her a lot more comfortable on the station. Plus, she’d see progress. I really think she needs a victory here, emotionally.

I’ve heard she has been… disruptive… on the station. I’m not that surprised, but I’m sure you know it’s because she is having difficulty processing a lot of trauma. Like I said above, I am not a psychologist, but I can see she is in a lot of pain, and she needs kindness, care, and understanding. She needs to really feel that she’s not a monster. She also needs to feel she can trust people on the station.

I know you want what’s best for her too, Doctor. I just hope anything I’ve said can help you do that in the best way possible. I consider her a friend, and I feel helpless to do anything for her, except perhaps plead on her behalf.

Please help her.

//SIGNED//
Evette LaSalle
First Officer,
USS Dragon

4 Likes

To: CMDR LaSalle
Subj: Re: Julia Webb needs your help.

Commander,

I can’t discuss with you any details of condition or treatment for a patient in my care.

//SIGNED//
M. Pohl
Medical Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

5 Likes