BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 92975.4

zpglS1t.png
TO AMB Saya
CC CAPT Freeman; CMDR Thiessen
FROM CMDR Sivath
SUBJ Korlackress Shipyards
4OB3P0J.png

Approached by Korlackress Ambassador Ulkesh. Says K want to build ships for purposes of colonization and exploration, but existing shipyards in disrepair and K lack knowledge to rebuild. Seeking Federation assistance.

Advised Ulkesh that first step will be assessing gaps in Korlackress knowledgebase, which itself presents problems due to differences in perception, but not insurmountable.

Please keep me in loop should SF decide to pursue this; DS13 engineering stands ready to help.

//SIGNED//
Commander Sivath
Engineering Dept., Deep Space 13
7 Likes
FIWdjr9.png

TO: CMDR Sivath
CC: CAPT Freeman; CMDR Thiessen
SUBJ: RE: Korlackress Shipyards

Commander,

If I'm to understand you correctly, and based on what is known of these beings, at one point they possessed the knowledge and ability to both build and see to the upkeep of their own ships and facilities. But at some later point decided to abandon that space program, for a prolonged amount of time, losing the knowledge and ability to see to their own needs. And now rely on ships built in the previous incarnation of their space program.

If that is indeed correct, then I am concerned about giving these beings advanced technologies before they're reached a stage prepared to use it.

The fact that the command initiated, what I see as, an less than ideal first contact with the Korlackress cannot be ignored though, and our responsibility to them cannot either. I will consult the Exterior Minister on this matter. In the meantime, I would appreciate if you could oversee a technological study of these beings, to determine the current level of knowledge, and ability to learn how to see for themselves. Even if we do provide assistance, they must eventually learn to tend to themselves.

Make no assurances of assistance, and please consult with your command on this matter. And if you happen upon the Korlackress Ambassador, please instruct him to use the proper diplomatic channels and protocols. I will await his message, and have set a notice should it arrive in my inbox.

Live long and prosper,

//signed//

Saya of Vulcan
Federation Ambassador, Aldebaran Sector
6 Likes