Lost Bottle Cove

This location is roughly twenty minutes by powerboard from the resort Argo had reserved for their shore leave. The rock outcroppings here have several sea caves.

The first thing people will notice upon entering, however, as they dismount their powerboards and come ashore, is that floating along the shore’s water line are an unfathomable number of glass bottles, in all shapes, sizes, colors. They bob up and down, floating in and out with the tide; some have washed ashore on the beach, while others pile up in rock crevices. Almost all of them seem to have a furled up piece of parchment inside.

Below, some of the messages the Argo personnel left on their visit during shore leave.

T’Liss rise in flight,
to honor the noble dead,
fallen in duty.
(written in Romulan)

War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Her Name would been Rhiana. She is now remembered by scar and Risa. Return her to the waters.

Follow not the path of emotion but that of truth.

I love Elizabeth Liraeaena Callahan.

You are important. Start where you are.

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

Something to put in a bottle? What do I leave for someone to find later? Does it make them smile to glimpse a message from the past? I look amid my friends who are gathered here, finding stories and laughs. I see them share with each other, pick on one another, and even a few lovers in the crowd.

We’ve all been through so much, this last year has been hell. Lost friends and lovers, to battle and pride, and yet here we are in the sand and the sun, laughing and picking, not worried about a thing. So I leave for you, this bit of hope I guess. There is light past whatever you face. And it will again be your turn to dance in the sand and sun.

14 Likes
anonymous wrote:
The greatest triumphs come from the deepest of despairs.
7 Likes

Risa is where the magic happens. Let go and watch.

Listen to me reader. Return to the promenade and buy a round of drinks for everyone there. Other’s happiness will bring your happiness.

Set To Burn

Born in the steam, fed on my flame
Sweat on my brow, fire in my veins
I am the one, your one true believer
You are the one who gives me the fever

And I would be grateful if you were to stay
And I would do anything to keep it this way
And there is no price too high that I won’t pay
You teach me the lessons that I need to learn
You’ve changed me babe, now I’m set to burn

My blessing, my curse, my aching desire
My vice, my addiction, which I must acquire
The itch in my soul, which craves your reaction
The look in your eyes, which demands satisfaction

And when you’re away, parts of you remain
And I keep you close, in my heart and my brain
And your absence is my sweetest pain
You are my one, long awaited return
That lights me ablaze, now I’m set to burn

Captain Sara Karen Desimone - Summer of 2416. (the text is written in the upper left-hand corner, leaving a lot of room for other names. a pencil is included.)

You got a good one! (with a big smiley face)

I don’t really have all the space to say everything. Frankly, I’ve said it before. This isn’t about saying anything, this is a gesture, for you… and for me.

You first gave me this after a big shift in your life, and I never let it go. When we were apart it kept us together. To you it was likely just meant as a token of affection that one time. To me it meant the world. After you were gone I clung to it, protected it like if it were gone it was like I’d lose everything again.

I got better though. Others helped me, and I found the perspective I needed. I never stopped caring of course, but I know you’d be annoyed at how much time I’ve taken. I promise I’m not going to dwell anymore. You always have a part of my heart, but this symbol is something I don’t need to guard now. I’m setting it free in a place we both visited together a year ago.

This is a way of letting go, but also a tribute to your memory, my memory, all the memories we had here, and that no matter what I do or where I go from here; Some things, like this cove, are eternal.

(an intricately made, folded paper rose is included in the bottle)

With time, everything will be forgotten and so will you. That’s what’s really sad.

Happy wife, happy life. Whatever you are, be a good one. From 2416

Cause you are, the light that fell on me, You are, like a beautiful dream, With seven rays, the whole world, Is dyed even more beautifully, always. Yeah U R

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

You’ll never know me. My name isn’t important.

If you find this, I want to make sure I tell you that you matter. Sometimes it can be very easy for us to forget what an impact each of us have on the state of the galaxy. We might think we don’t matter; we’re just one person.

The value you have far exceeds any you might ever perceive.

(a detailed recipe for lager beer)

14 Likes

The message reveals what ‘the good stuff’ is: a Talaxian root based alcohol, three times as strong as terran vodka, but blends easily with fruit juices.

Always listen to experts. They’ll tell you what can’t be done, and why. Then do it.

“AK loves DA, and wishes you a wonderful day!” Underneath is a drawing of a cartoon kitty face with a heart for a nose, also enclosed in a heart.

You had better have proposed to this woman by this time next year.

This bottle just has a single feather, from a feather monkey.

Dmitri Konieczko 2287

“It was not something you ever needed to hear, but it was no less than truth. You were loved.” (There’s a lipstick kiss on the bottom.)

“I am sorry, I should have kissed you back, better. I did not know.” The note is signed, simply, “Truth.”

5 Likes
anonymous wrote:
"I should have gone with you."

anonymous wrote:
The parchment inside is blank, no marks of any kind are on it; as if someone chose to write nothing or simply was trying to fool someone into thinking they had when they threw the bottle out to sea.

anonymous wrote:
"May this last forever. Or at least, as long as it can. - I & J "

anonymous wrote:
"I was told this was okay, but, it feels like pollution. If you find this note, please dispose of this bottle and letter responsibly. Thank you."

anonymous wrote:
"I really wish I could fall in love with someone, rather than just sleep with them."

anonymous wrote:
"I don't know if you are out there or not, but, if you are... I will find you. I promise."

anonymous wrote:
"Since I will never get the chance to say this to you, I am doing it now.

I love you.

I'm afraid I always have..."
1 Like

(A well-drawn picture of the resort’s promenade area. It’s fairly accurate rendition with a little bit of imaginative flair. Like a Chip Foose drawing. A signature, for Taev i-Luruth tr’Khellian, and a hailing frequency can be found on the back of the drawing.)

“I would rather be happy than dignified.”

"If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets. GMN

“Beware of PaDD inspectors.”

"The hard times will pass and you’ll be a stronger person as a result. -DK 2418

“Snake blood, why did it have to be snake blood?”

(This note is written in shaky handwriting.) “The turtles returned last night…took my remaining toes. It won’t be long now. Please. Send help. Before it’s too late.”

“I miss him. I’m don’t know if I ever loved him, but without him I’m more lost than ever.”

This bottle has two notes in it. One reads: “I might not be back here for some years, but I promise to bring back a piece of the core as a souvenier. Signed - A. Rexel, USS Tethys, 2411”.

The second, in a different handwriting: “If you’re anyone but Alexander Rexel, and you find this, please return this message and its companion to the sea. It’s important. Alexander, I’m leaving this message in hopes that one day you’ll come back to this beach, and find this bottle. It probably took longer than you thought to get here. I plan to return also, and I hope to be here when you find this bottle. Because, then we’ll have a lot to catch up on. Until then, I’ll hope and pray for you to come home. Signed, Alyx Derenzis, USS Shackleton, 2418”

4 Likes

A short treatise on a theory that the Lost Bottle Cove is an artificial construct intended to lure tourists in with a false sense of unique discovery when it’s really just an elaborate plot by the Risian tourist board.

“Remember the Dunkirk” with a “RIP” down near the bottom of the paper.

“Somewhere out there, a tree is growing the wood for your coffin. Unless you get buried in space, then it’s just a photon torpedo casing. Imagine wooden torpedoes? How charming.”

“If it is a girl Sarah. If it is a boy Francis, for my father.”

“Please close your eyes and take a moment to think of all those who have loved you, and add one more whom you’ve never met. Be happy for our sake, and your own.”

“I’m still not sure if they did the right thing for the wrong reasons, or the wrong thing for the right reasons. Either way, I wish they hadn’t.”

“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”

“Valore is the biggest, most ungreatful jerk in the quadrant! She’s rude and… AND… VERY DUMB!!!”

“Oh how she is snooty, and I would very much like to shooty… on stun”

“Vulcan? More like… Vulcan’t be reasonable! HAHAHA. Valore sucks”

“A half decade sober. It’s been difficult, but I did it! Thank the gods I still manage to maintain it.”

6 Likes
anonymous wrote:
I don't care how I'm remembered, only that I was a good husband, and a great father.
3 Likes

(A well-drawn pencil sketch of a Romulan man, with a round jaw, stubbly beard, and long hair, drawn back by a headband. He is leaning on a balcony that looks to be of Risian architecture. He has a rather handsome grin. On the back there is a message:)

“Just because we have history does not mean we have a future.”

“A refugee came to this place 2420 dream the stars”. (It’s signed “Veneela” and there’s a hand drawn Starfleet logo.)

The Whole is of many voices; without yours, it may as well be silent.

Words have power. Do not ignore your abilities. -V.

Yell ECHO right now, really loud! You won’t regret it.

Kel’auira, I hope you forgive me some day, though I predict it will only embitter you to me as the years pass. I had to leave the quad for the sake of their happiness. Your new shavey will treat you well, that I am certain. But I know the sense of abandonment and betrayal will be deep. All I can do is beg your forgiveness, a waning prospect as the years pass. Know that I am well, and with a new Shelthreth.

Just live. When you see a road you want to take, take it.

All the nights when we are far apart, a part of both of us stay behind
It’s funny how the two of us could grow, but neither one had really known
Counting wishes like we’re counting stars, taking a trip to the milky way
Falling freely from a shooting star we will land among our dreams

I’m fearing the world unknown, just promise me you’ll never let me go
The beat of my heart, a rhythm I’m scared that you’d already know

Following a road with no regrets, share with me your “firsts” and we’ll be set
We’ll give a name so that this feeling can be recalled again
Listen to the pulsing deep inside, maybe an illusion, it’s alright
Tell me that you want me too, and surely I’ll fall into the darkness with you

This bit of parchment is somewhat hastily written, ‘If you become tired, learn to rest and come back energized rather than quitting outright. - Rear Admiral Captain Konieczko’. (The rank of Rear Admiral is very crudely struck through.)

5 Likes

“As unlikely or strange as it ever seems, I’ve found it is possible to find happiness in the people I’d never have guessed I could, and I didn’t even try and I sincerely believe you can do the same, whoever you are, if you just let the future happen.”

This message says the author is living proof that anything is possible and urges the reader to never stop dreaming, and to never give up on their dreams. It’s signed “Ven Sovum”.

“There is nothing like a visit home when faced with big decisions. You’re never too far away to visit.”

“I asked them to marry me.”

“The Ocean has its silent caves,
Deep, quiet, and alone;
Though there be fury on the waves,
Beneath them there is none.”

2 Likes

Iana, now you live on in two oceans, love you always- Lunya

No matter what the year has thrown at you, continue on. It will get better.

À ma mère et à ma grande sœur, vous me manquez tous les deux tous les jours. J’ai chanté hier pour la première fois depuis que vous nous avez été enlevés, et je vous ai entendu tous les deux avec moi. Je t’aime tellement!

"The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it. You boldy went so we could follow. " - USS Retribution NCC 2017-A and her crew.

I would say yes.

The lengths we’ll go to, just to bring about even a brief moment of connection.

“VS loves NL” Underneath is a drawing of a heart, and the year 2422.

6 Likes