Lunya's Zhian'tara

The following group of “chats” are Lunya’s Zhian’tara, her right of closure and meeting of her past hosts. Characters in the fleet were asked to participate as “hosts” and consent given for the following stories. Hope everyone enjoys a bit of Lunya’s past!

Unima Vel: Hosted by Evette LaSalle

Lunya sat across the table, looking curiously at Evette as the woman flipped furiously through several PADDs. The clatter of the devices drew some looks from the bar, as Lunya sat patiently, taking a sip of the coffee that sat in front of her. After a few more moments of this, she briefly cleared her throat.

“Huh? Oh yes yes, sorry!” The response from Evette was without any accent in a more clipped tone than was custom of the human woman, a clear sign that Unima Vel was temporarily in control.

“So, what do you think of everything you read?” Lunya asked, an expression mixed of amusement and a small degree of annoyance. She had wanted to talk to Unima, and the transfer went smoothly with the help of a guardian, and the two had decided to take a walk to the bar on DS13.

“It’s all so fascinating. I could sit here and study the advancements in the Federation for hours! You know, I taught all about this at Trill Polytech. I’m surprised you didn’t attend.” Unima/Evette said to Lunya, who arched a brow as the woman spoke.

“I went a different route, Starfleet. I wanted to see the galaxy” Lunya replied, sitting back in her chair. “I wasn’t a fan of sitting in the classroom. I found it dull, empty” she said, watching as Unima continued rifling through the PADDs.

“Yes yes, and it shows in your lack of acumen in some of these reports of yours. The wording in some of them are just, very crass”

“Seriously? You’re critiquing my reports, and you were around what, 300 years ago?” came Lunya’s slightly annoyed reply. Unima looked back up at her, setting down the PADD she had picked up.

“With education, comes knowledge. With that knowledge, you gain the confidence and the ability to get your point across a bit more completely. It is just an observation is all”

Lunya set her coffee down. “My education is from the Academy and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I have no regrets going the path I did Unima”

Unima took a bite from the plate of food that had so far been neglected. Lunya watched her curiously still, before the woman spoke again.

“Well, I will say, food has gotten a bit more varied hmm? Better than pure Trill cuisine and in this body, I could eat for days and not regret it.” Lunya raised a hand in protest but was quickly hushed by Unima/Evette’s laugh. “I kid my dear, I kid. So, what about teaching? Would you ever do it?”

The question had caught Lunya off guard, who look puzzled, but answered shortly after.

“Maybe? Maybe at the tail end of my career. But there’s still so much to see, and to explore” she said, giving a small smile. Unima smiled in return, Evette’s features bringing the gesture to a warm life.

“You’ve done very well, with what you have been given, and what you have been through. You have a lot to be proud of Lunya”

“Thank you. That does mean a lot. Anything else you were wanting to try, or do?” Lunya asked, after another sip of coffee.

“Oh there is so much to explore and see, but so little time. So perhaps show me what this dish called gagh is?”

Lunya could only shake her head with a grin, and thought to herself how much Evette was gonna kill her for this one.

3 Likes