MACO TEAM 34 OpSum

(( Ok so it comes to my attention that you can't see most of the forums over at the 26th. So.... no ones been reading my diary? Just a joke.... I keep my IC diary offline, of course

But, I do post an operation summary ever week. Its about the only IC posting I do. But, since this last week involved you, I wanted to share it. Keep in mind this is an IC message sent from Svenson to his command at K-7. So, ICly, you wouldn't get this information or report from searching the intranet for "Azriel Project" or "MACO team 34 report" or "Coolest MACO ever".

But since I can imagine there are ways to get information from senior commanders, its possible that you could get this report.

So, I only ask that if you read it, you don't meta-game the information. Have a "way" that you got the report.

Also if you want to read it just for reading, by all means. Its about as dry as they come! Also, I'm seeing about maybe getting you guys some eyes into where I post on the 26th forums too. ))
TO: Colonel Williams, MACO Group 3 Commander
CC: 26th Fleet Intelligence Division
SUBJECT: SEVEN DAY OPSUM, TEAM 34, TacDate: 2413.1807 (07JUL13)

Ma'am,
Team-34 report below. First, we acknowledge the new operational command structure with the 26th fleet. We partook in their Fleet Inspection yesterday. Also acknowledge addition of Team 12 and 42 to the group and that they are working with the 26th Fleet. I talked to Captain T'Roth yesterday night and you know Captain Henrickson.

Captain Baker reports the USS Okoboji is operating optimally. Team 34 has received its needed allotment of MARK XII gear. We expect follow-on fielding to continue over the next several weeks or months.

Standing Ops, classified individually:

Operation Plexus Spear //TOP SECRET//SCM:PLEXUS SPEAR//
Spoiler: Open ReportShow
L7 – We completed only one day's worth of ops on Auraxis this week. Operations are slipping in capability because of the lack of operational focus there. Following the two week op, it will be interesting to see where our abilities are.

N7 – Its possible that we will again get to Auraxis before we leave for the Mars Cradle in four days.

Operation Stolen Violet //TOP SECRET//SCM:STOLEN VIOLET//
Reporting on this operation has been suspected until link-up can be made with the AG-21-8 science team that did the research. Unknown timeframe.

Operation Constant Guard //TOP SECRET//SCM:CONSTANT GUARD//
L7 - We conducted no operations in support of CG this week.

N7 - Minimal CG operations are planned for this coming week, but it is possible that we will conduct some operations.

Operation Dark Journey //UNCLASSIFIED//FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY//
L7 - We conducted a few in support of DJ this week. All were associated with Borg incursions. Operational success was below average with one instance requiring us to retreat without successfully accomplishing the mission.

N7 - It's likely that we will continue DJ missions in the coming week before we leave for Mar's Cradle.

Operation Cobalt Liberty //SECRET//SCM:COBALT LIBERY//
L7- We conducted QRF operations for Cobalt Liberty this week. As you know there was the loss of the USS Evans and team 18. During the operation the pre-assimilated MAJ Guthrie made mention of the Azriel Project. I have not received the full read-on to that project but I know roughly what it is about. It was obvious while on the ship that the Borg were at least aware of it and trying to get information about it. Use of the Azriel device likely prompted the attack from the Borg. When the Evans was destroyed, so was the Azriel project components. It's unlikely anything can be obtained from the debris, but I had Task Force Argo close travel to that nebula for a few days. Recommend a recovery crew gets out there and retrieved everything immediately, before they resume travel into that area.

I was able to retrieve some information from the Azriel Project uplink terminal on the Evans before it was destroyed. I turned that over to MACO Intel Command that afternoon as technically I am not read onto the project so I should not be handling its material. TF Argo personnel responded to the distress call as well. Some personnel were onboard the Evans and way have inadvertently witnessed mention of the Azriel Project. I instructed them that the project was classified and not to have it brought up again. Unsure of their intent to comply.

Operation MARS CRADLE //SECRET//SCM:MARS CRADLE//
We are prepared to depart on Thursday for the training facility. The MC two week training should increase our tactical open air combat effectiveness . I will give you a brief report on the progress of training in next week's abbreviated report.

Praetorian Support Operations //UNCLASSIFIED//
L7 – Team 34 has conducted no operations with the 26th fleet in the past 7 days, however we are preparing for an upcoming operation to retake a Starbase. Mission is scheduled for 48 hours from now. Holo-training has been conducted in preparation.

No significant issues this week. The next two weeks opsums will be abbreviated as the team is conducting Mars Cradle Training.

Please let Group 1 know that we are sorry for the loss of Team 18. I knew MAJ Guthrie as a friend. Our thoughts go out to the families and comrades of the team. MAJ Svenson, out.