Medical Reports

This thread was created to keep track of the actions of DS-13's medical staff. Specificly of the patients treated in the sickbay.

Spoiler: Report templateShow
Copy
[color=#239edd]Patients Name and Rank:[/color] Patient [color=#239edd]Stardate:[/color] 00000 [color=#239edd]Diagnosis:[/color] diagnosis [color=#239edd]Treatment:[/color] Applied treatments [color=#239edd]Post-Treatment Orders:[/color] Rest and Observation, light duty, etc [color=#239edd]Additional notes:[/color] Additional information of patients status [color=#239edd]Signed:[/color] Signature

Patients Name and Rank: Ensign Zarlav
Stardate: 92553.5
Diagnosis: Sprained wrist, right hand

Treatment: Applied asinolyathin as painkiller, treated spraining with vascular regenerator

Post-Treatment Orders: light duty for 10 hours following treatment

Additional notes: Reminded patient to be careful with overexertion during physical excercises on the holodeck in the future.

Signed:
Dr. Saruno O. T'paal
4 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Crewman Thelev zh'Zula
Stardate: 92554.9
Diagnosis: Second-degree (superficial) burn, left hand.

Treatment: Applied asinolyathin as painkiller, treated burn with dermal regenerator.

Post-Treatment Orders: Returned to duty following treatment.

Additional notes: Crewman zh'Zula cautioned to use more care when handling recently welded items in future.

Signed:
Nurse W. Foster.
1 Like
Patients Name and Rank: Lieutenant Chut Kralgnar
Stardate: 92554.9
Diagnosis: Hypochondria, flu like symptoms.

Treatment: Administered a mild antihistamine.

Post-Treatment Orders: If symptoms worsen or persist return to infirmary.

Additional notes: Lt. Kralgnar entered the infirmary convinced she had contracted Vidiian Phage, in spite of never having visited the Delta Quadrant and her species' proven immunity to the disease. During triage I did however find evidence of heightened immune response consistent with Risian Influenza. Having satisfied what I suspect to be an emotional need for any sort of medical attention the Lieutenant returned to duty.

Signed:
Dr. Sariel, MD
2 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Ensign Ishas sh'Firri
Stardate: 92561.2
Diagnosis: Sprained Ankle

Treatment: The nurse applied painkillers and ice until I could see the patient. I treated the spraining with vascular regenerator.

Post-Treatment Orders: Rest the rest of the day, and for the rest of this and thefollowing week the Ensign should be restricted to light duty

Additional notes: Ensign Ishas sh'Firri came in with a Sprained Ankle after spending time on the holodect trying out an Earth sport known as basketball. I recommended her to, in the future, use proper shoes that will offer her support.

Signed:
Dr. Caelia Bida
1 Like
Patients Name and Rank: Ensign Tandra Slayton
Stardate: 92571.7
Diagnosis: Laceration on forehead, slight concussion

Treatment: Disinfected laceration and applied dermal regenerator, treated concussion with Trianoline

Post-Treatment Orders: Patient was ordered to rest one or two hours till concussion was fully gone.

Additional notes: Nurse Slayton managed it to run headfirst into a low hanging console on her break while playing a game called "Tribblemon: Warp", i highly suggest to ban this and similiar padd games from the sickbay should similiar cases occur in the near future.

Signed:
Dr. Saruno O. T'paal
1 Like
Patients Name and Rank: Security officer Jani Tian
Stardate: 94188.88
Diagnosis: Broken nose

Treatment: After the bleeding was stopped, a bone regenerator was applied.

Post-Treatment Orders: If headache occurs it is recommended that officer Jani Tian can use a mild painkiller. However I foresee no other treatments needed. Security officer Jani Tian is ready to report back to duty.

Additional notes: Security officer Jani Tian acquired her broken nose by trying to wake Lieutenant Jekal from her sleep, as the Lieutenant was struggling with some intense nightmares. Unaware the Lieutenant lashed out and unfortunately broke Security officer Jani Tian’s nose.
As I understand Lieutenant Jekal is already confined, and since this was reported as an accident, I see no reason to make any further notion of the matter.

Signed:
Dr. Caelia Bida
2 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Captain Ashleigh Delanno
Stardate: 94190.35
Diagnosis: Alcohol

Treatment: Hypospray with inaprovaline + mild painkillers to cure the hangovers

Post-Treatment Orders: No more alcohol

Additional notes: Captain Ashleigh Delanno was at the bar having a good time, when she decided to prove to Captain Lazard that Borg technology does not mesh well with alcohol.
Needless to say the reaction was quite extreme. I applied a hypospray with inaprovaline to lower the blood alcohol. As she sobered up I also applied a mild painkiller.
I see no reason for Captain Ashleigh Delanno to stay in sickbay as she is sober and better.

Signed:
Dr. Caelia Bida
3 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Captain Jordan Bailey
Stardate: 92583.4
Diagnosis: Several minor scrapes burns, bruises, and a bad gash on her ribs.

Treatment: Painkillers + After cleaning out her wounds I patched them up with the dermal regenerator.

Post-Treatment Orders: Relax and rest, no alcohol for the remanding of the day

Additional notes: Aparently the ship was hit by some sort of lightining storm out in space, as they were scanning the ship got hit and things went bad really fast.
The ship took massive damage and lost some of it's crew.

*note to one self, I need to practise on my bedside manners.
"Ships can be replaced, crew can't"

Signed:
Dr. Caelia Bid
3 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Commander Keith
Stardate: 92583.5
Diagnosis: Lost a finger

Treatment: Cleaned out the wound and closed it up, with the purpose of attaching a new one in 4 days.

Post-Treatment Orders: I recommended the Commander to spend the night in Sickbay, but we both knew that was not going to happen. So I advised her to take it easy and return if something should change

Additional notes: Commander Keth docked at the station with a medical emergency. Apparently she had lost a finger.
From the stem cells we have on Commander Keith, I have made the preparations to grow a new finger. It should be ready within the next 4 days. However I am no surgeon, so someone else will have to perform the surgery.

Signed:
Dr. Caelia Bida
Patients Name and Rank: Soldier Kalabam, Romulan Republic
Stardate: 92611
Diagnosis: Severe burn, ventral torso.

Treatment: Applied asinolyathin as painkiller, treated burn with dermal regenerator.

Post-Treatment Orders: Returned to duty following treatment and 24 hours rest.

Additional notes: Advised Decurion Nells of the hazards of untested weapon modifications outside of safe zones. Reported item to Centurion S'Tokkr, Embassy Security.

Signed:
Nurse W. Foster.
3 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Emery Quint, Captain
Stardate: REDACTED
Diagnosis: Multiple superficial knife cuts around face and torso; Broken eye socket; Split lip; Disruptor burns on right leg mid thigh, left side of torso, right shoulder; 6 broken ribs; left knee sprained; left shin broken; Right shin fractured; Right knee broken; Right hand lacerations on palm and fingers & stab wound; Infection and dehydration.

Treatment: Dermal regeneration, pain medication, reconstructive surgery for knee and hand. Infected tissue had to be removed and dermal regeneration applied. Fluid drip established.

Post-Treatment Orders: Rest, drink plenty of fluids, follow up examinations, stand down until cleared by Medical staff.

Additional notes: Patient had to be kept under sedation for a long period of time, there was a high level of neural activity during the operation. Patient is advised to rest in quarters since it is clear they refuse to remain in sickbay.

Signed:
Emergency surgery transcription Nurse
3 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Lieutenant Chut Kralgnar
Stardate: 92651.8
Diagnosis: Hypochondria, mild headache.

Treatment: Administered a mild painkiller.

Post-Treatment Orders: If symptoms worsen or persist return to infirmary.

Additional notes: Lt. Kralgnar entered the infirmary convinced she was suffering from a spontaneous brain hemorrhage. Scans showed no sign of damage to brain tissue or any changes to neurochemical activity levels. Patient repeatedly insisted on seeing a senior physician. However, as this was outside of normal duty hours, this request was denied.

I have however, fitted the Lieutenant with a medical monitoring device, which appears to have calmed her down considerably.

Signed:
Nurse W. Foster.
2 Likes
Patient Name and Rank: Commander Vel (Wrenn), Lunya
Stardate: 92659.2
Diagnosis: Follow up visit and medical evaluation after "Joining" process on Trill.

Treatment: None required. All medical needs taken care of before patient's PREMATURE departure from Trill.

Post Treatment Orders: File has been sent to Deep Space 13 Counseling Division. Patient requires full psychological interview to determine extent of new personality.

Additional Notes and Comments: I look forward to reading the evaluation of Commander Vel. I am hoping that the joining process will remove some of her more impulsive nature, and allow her to make more sound and logical decisions. This will only serve to benefit the USS Iowa and her crew. Please note this evaluation was completed at Fleet Command request.

Signed: Lieutenant T'lera, USS Iowa Chief Medical Officer
Patients Name and Rank: Lieutenant Commander, Identifies as "Bubbles"
Stardate: 92694.7
Diagnosis: Acute Hypoxia

Treatment: Immersion in oxygenated perflourohexane gel

Post-Treatment Orders: None

Additional notes: In the course of his duties aboard the station Mr. Bubbles suffered a breach of his environmental suit and a subsequent loss of atmosphere. Upon exposure to the stations atmosphere Mr. Bubbles suffered a sudden drop in blood oxygen content, resulting in a mild delirious state. Treatment consisted of removing patient from damaged EV suit and transferring to an environment appropriate for his species, which was accomplished using an immersion tank and an oxygenated perflourohexane gel typically reserved for the treatment of patients with burned lung tissue.

Addendum: Patient expressed his thanks for treatment by way of an empathic transfer of the emotional sensation of pure gratitude. Upon request patient terminated empathic transfer.

Signed:
Dr. Sariel, MD
4 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Commander Keelah
Stardate: 92744.3
Diagnosis: Superficial burns, loss of consciousness.

Treatment: Dermal regenerator and pain medication as needed.

Post-Treatment Orders: Patient should seek plenty of rest and hydration. Patient should also refrain from overloading EPS conduits for some time.

Additional notes: Patient is expected to make recovery with no side effects projected at this time.

Signed:
Doctor Jennifer Holliday, MD
2 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Citizen Keth
Stardate: 92744.3
Diagnosis: Appearance causing negative connotations (Vorta ears/face shape).

Treatment: Cosmetic facial surgery.

Post-Treatment Orders: Patient should monitor altered areas of the body for possible infection or irritation.

Additional notes: Patient is expected to make recovery with no side effects projected at this time. Treatment was not done to prevent physical harm, but was well within the capabilities of DS13's surgical centers and is a common procedure people may wish to undergo.

Signed:
Doctor Emmanuel Goldstein
3 Likes
PATIENT Jane Doe
STARDATE 92780.7
DIAGNOSIS Various abrasions and contusions of the upper extremities.

TREATMENT Dermal Regeneration

POST-TREATMENT ORDERS N/A

ADDITIONAL NOTES Patient was unwilling to provide her name or answer basic questions honestly. Patient departed AMA mid-treatment.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant S'Slaask
3 Likes
Patient's Name and Rank: Commander Thue t'Xereth
Stardate: 92786.3
Diagnosis: Psionic Intrusion

Treatment: Performed neural scan and provided analgesic medication - SEE NOTES

Post-Treatment Orders: No further treatment necessary

Additional notes:
Commander t'Xereth of the Romulan Republic contingent came into the infirmary requesting evaluation for a headache. She expressed concern that the headache had been caused by unsolicited psionic contact from a Reman, a fellow member of the Republic contingent.

Neural scan confirmed the presence of elevated levels of neurochemical X-848 (see registry for Vulcan nomenclature). X-848 is expressed at extremely high levels in Vulcans and Vulcanoids suffering from Pa'nar Syndrome. Levels recorded in Commander t'Xereth are only slightly elevated, magnitudes lower than presents with Pa'nar Syndrome, but it does suggest unregulated psionic contact took place.

Following treatment, provided Commander t'Xereth with a copy of this report to use as necessary in filing a formal complaint.

Signed:
M. Pohl, CMDR
ACMO Deep Space 13
5 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Dr. Sariel, M.D.
Stardate: 92815.6
Diagnosis: Minor contusions

Treatment: Vascular regeneration

Additional notes: Following a recreational injury I reported to sick bay. Not wishing to add to patient load I opted to treat myself, specifically 3 thoracic contusions and one cranial contusion, with a vascular regenerator to halt bruising. As per procedure, I have logged my treatment of myself for station records.

Signed:
Dr. Sariel, MD
3 Likes
Patients Name and Rank: Lieutenant Bill Steele and Bartender Nalah
Stardate: 92854.4
Diagnosis: Methanol Poisoning

Treatment: Ethanol and Fomepizole injections

Additional notes: The patients were rushed to sickbay after surprisingly falling unconscious after drinking green tea at the Starlight Cantina. I believe they had ingested the methanol through the tea and an investigation has been launched.

They had not ingested enough methanol to kill them,but it caused them difficulty with their breathing.The methanol had caused minor damage to their kidney,liver and lungs which had became physically apparent. The damage was minor and easily treatable.The patients are to be kept in sickbay for observation until the methanol is completely washed out their systems by being excreted from their Kidney's.

Signed:
CMDR/Dr. Charlotte Jarnefelt
10 Likes