Nintendo Switch News Thread

I'm making a general news / hype thread so as not to clog up the friend code thread! Since I know now we're not the only loyal fans :3

Which, BTW, is > here<
What's this?!

We're still going to have at least ONE more direct - they need to reveal the blurred out menu button (SUBSPACE EMISSARY PLZ OMG PLZPLZPLZ) so I'm counting on one or two more fighters plus a few more echoes.

Sakurai is NAILING IT.

So far, this means all the NEW fighters announced for this game have been Ridley, Inklings, Simon Belmont and King K. Rool with the Echo Fighters Richter (RONDO!), Chrom, Dark Samus and Daisy. The other echo fighters used to be alternate characters so they're not 'new'.

Anyone have any desires for certain characters? K. Rool is kind of a meme, so now that he's been fulfilled I'm expecting a direct where Reggie tells us Mother 3 is being released in some ultimate boxed set. That said, I'm hoping at some point (I doubt now, maybe for DLC) we get Travis Touchdown to complement Bayonetta. No More Heroes is an amazing game series and with the spinoff game coming out soon he'd fit right in beside her - I just don't know if he'd be a K. Rool / Belmont / Ridley level announcement. Poor Travis.
rcpjIUb.png
I had to share because this made my day. I, for one, have been on edge waiting for this game since spring. This trailer is amazing.

LqSMLGS.png
I will never, ever be able to grasp why Link, Toon Link, and Young Link are separate characters.
Weird, right? Like I get Link and Young Link. The avatars are different sizes and the like.

If they hadn't introduced Toon Link back when, and they introduced him NOW, 100% he'd just be an echo fighter of Young Link. I know he must just have his own moveset they can't dupe to Young Link (I have never really played Link much so I can't say), and I'm sure in order to keep the competitive scene as cohesive as possible they're not looking to change it starting now.
I was going to say- does Toon Link have a different moveset than Link in Brawl?

qlOGunv.png

Oh, how the times change.

I've never WANTED to 'play' Night Trap, but I'm so interested to see it releasing on a Nintendo system after Nintendo saying what they did to Congress during that being freakout in the early nineties.
The first time my predictions were on point!

SO MANY MUCH BIG NEWS WOW!
Spoiler: Show
fthllrw.png

New Animal Crossing, new Luigi's Mansion, more info on Yoshi (finally), new deals with Asmodee and SquareEnix, all sorts of things!
Nintendo Switch Online is now active.

I have to say, their new NES Online Switch Online service, while not having an amazing selection of games out the gate, is very solid. The emulation is spot on, the interface is fast, the filters are amazing.

Also, I wanted to share a tip with you guys! If you make a Japanese account, you can download the Famicom Online program from the Japanese eshop. While it has the same selection of games, as seen below, there are differences.

IoWVbCy.jpg

You can log in with your online account - your primary account or whatever - just like normal. The awesome thing here is that Legend of Zelda (and future games, like Metroid) that were released on the Famicom Disk System in Japan will be playable in their Famicom Disk System versions in the Japanese version of the app. This means that any of the expanded content/enhanced sound will be present!

It's pretty neat. Really looking forward to hearing Metroid when it releases in the coming months!
Welp...