Nov 24: The Crusade, part 4

After saving the alarian vessel stuck in a nebula deep inside the breen space, KDF and allies witness a devastating weapon test...

--

When: Saturday, Nov 24, Beta +1

Audience: Klingon and allies

Event type: Bridge RP

Starting point: Starship bridge

OOC point of contact: @gulremal
2 Likes
Derp, it had come to my attention that this event will coincide with another fleetwide Fed event. As I don't want to force people to choose, I propose the following options:

1. moving the event to the Friday, same time (Beta +1)
2. move the event 3 hrs earlier on Saturday (Beta -2), and run a bit shorter event so everyone can jump into the Fed event
3. move the event to the next Saturday, Nov 24

I'm okay with all options, the option with majority vote (Until this Thursday, Beta +2) will be implemented. You can post your choice here.
2 Likes
There will be a VF event this Friday Beta+1, so Crystyll and I will not be available at that time. I may be a bit late for Beta -2, but I should be able to speed up my Saturday morning and make that. Next Saturday also works, so I'm up for either choice 2 or 3, whichever works better for you!
Next Saturday, some people may be away - it's our Thanksgiving weekend in the States.
That said, I could do 2 or 3, but not Friday; I'm at work at that time.
1 Like
RL thing has come up for me that makes option 2 unavailable. I'll have to re-schedule the event for the next Saturday, and we'll see if people can make it.
My apologies again for the postponing of the event.
1 Like
Spoiler: Mission logShow
[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> After rescuing alarian scout ship ASV Veil Lifter, team is joined by the commander Lyra, who points them to the location her ship was sent to investigate.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> As the squadron was approaching the location, they barely evaded a massive shockwave. Realizing the shockwave originated from the location they were heading towards, they hurry only to find a -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - devastated solar system. Cause of the destruction was a collapse of a primary star, and sensor scans point to a possible weapon test by the breen. As they team moves closer to scan the breen warp -

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: - trail, they are beset by incoming debris from one of the crushed planets...

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Indeed, alarms blare as sensors show a debris field rushing towards the squadron...

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Rritt: *Debris incoming, 10 seconds!

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Evasive!

[Team] N'Py See@gulremal: *descriptions and piloting rolls plox!

Lexi@crystyll FX | QanwI's engines burn bright as the ship attempts to duck and dodge through the debris field, darting rapidly in all directions

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 39 (1-100)

Kayd@anncarise attempts to use Kayeri Vaj's advanced deflector systems to create a gravity well off the port side of the ship so that the incoming debris would be sucked towards the well and thus curve around -

Kayd@anncarise - the ship, leaving a safe pocket within which the Kayeri Vaj can hide.

[Emotes] Kayd@anncarise: rolls 38 (1-100)

[Team] Kayd@anncarise: Hehe I had like 2 weeks to think about this

[Team] Kayd@anncarise: My combat modifiers are not that great, so I'm going with a science tactic!

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 47 (1-100)

[Team] Kayd@anncarise: Which will hopefully be more survivable

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Qanwl' ducks and weaves around the largest chunks of debris, her shields easily dealing with the smaller stuff.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <FX> Hag'lhr does the same.

Kayd@anncarise uses what remains of Kayeri Vaj's power to bolster the shields for the bits that get by.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Orion ship creates a gravity well which draws the nearest debris away, preventing and dangerous collisions.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Rritt does his job, though it was quite close in a couple of situations, making it look even cooler.

[Team] Kayd@anncarise: Yay science worked!

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Debris soon passes the squadron by, leaving them unscathed...

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Lyra: By the Huntress! That was close.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Nothing like a little madness to get the old blood pumping!"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Anything else coming our way?

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak: Extending sensor range...no more debris detected, for now.

Kayd@anncarise scans for that Breen ship they saw earlier.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Then let's get after that Breen. Bet they've got some answers.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Picking up a warp trail...but we can only track it as far as the shockwave has cleared up the nebula."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> That's a start.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "After that we can use the ion pulse trick, but that's likely to alert the Breen to our presence."

[Team] N'Py See@gulremal: egzo, lexi, sensor rolls plox

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 81 (1-100)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Shlaak is on his game today.

[Emotes] Lexi@crystyll: rolls 57 (1-100)

[Emotes] Egzo@HF_Mudd: rolls 53 (1-100)

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Well they're obviously on a heading of galactic west. If nothing else we can probably pick up a hotter trail as we move that way"

Egzo@HF_Mudd | Shlaak plies his console for a bit, then hisses. "Boss, come look at this."

Egzo@HF_Mudd looks over curiously, and gets up to go over to the sensor station to have a look at what Shlaak has to show him.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Cruiser sized, but... izzat the nebula messin' it up?" "No, it's too patterned. Look here, and here."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Why would they do that?" "My guesss? Modified to reduce the nebula's interference." "Hm, yeah."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Can we do the same?" "I think ssso." "Pass the specs to Norvan." "Hss."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Hey everyone, got some warp field adjustments coming to you on telemetry.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> May help getting through this crap.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Sounds good to me

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Anything to help..."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Modifications take around half an hour to implement, and soon the squadron head towards the galactic west, following the breen warp trail.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> They soon clear the shockwave area and enter the thick soup of nebula's gasses, this time going a bit faster - warp 7.5 instead of previous warp 6.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Woah...good improvements."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Lyra: *now occupying a console next to Shlaak* Multiple smaller objects dead ahead, they don't seem to be moving.

Egzo@HF_Mudd has returned to his command chair, yielding the spot at Shlaak's station to the alarian 'guest'.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "What else can ya tell me?"

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Lyra: We'll hit them if we don't leave warp in 7, 6, 5...

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: *Rritt pokes frantically*

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> Squadron exits warp.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Lyra: It seems like kind of powerful energy discharge...

Kayd@anncarise scans them now that they're closer.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: Shlaak: Something blew up, boss.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "... little more warning next time, maybe?"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "We're picking up a lifesign a bit further out, boss. Could be an escape pod."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Looks like it's our day fer pickin' up strays."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Looks like the Breen ship..."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Maybe their weapon test didn't go as expected after all."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Prisoners. Even better. Someone tractor that in.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> On it.

Kayd@anncarise tries to determine what caused the Breen ship to explode, or at least if the damage came from within or was externally inflicted.

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> A minute or so later, a 10 x 6 pod is tractored in by Qanwl'.

Lexi@crystyll frowns at someone off camera, "Well then... crack it open and get some damned answers if you can't figure your tricorder!"

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Apparently our prisoner is /not/ Breen. But my warriors are just that - warriors - not, medical types. So they're not sure what we have got..." she sighs

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Is he wearing a suit? If he's alive on your ship without one I'm pretty sure he's not Breen."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: <C> Will soon find out once they get the pod opened!

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "My techs are saying the Breen ship was destroyed in an antimatter explosion from the warp core. No signs of weapons fire, so it's definitely a containment breach."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "No way to tell if it's intentional or not."

[Local] N'Py See@gulremal: <FX> A minute later, two klingon guards bring a small creature to the Qanwl' bridge, and through holo it's brought into view....

Egzo@HF_Mudd leans forward and squints.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *alien looks around, first at the massive guards at it's sides, then at Lexi, and then at holoimages* It's too dark in here.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Alien: Just noticing.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Strays it is after all. Hrm."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Umm... hi"

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Talk fast, 'fore we decide t' throw ya back."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Alien: *blinks* Who are you? I'm Mozak, a scientist.

Egzo@HF_Mudd lets Lexi take over the talk, 'cause it's on her bridge.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "My name is Lexi Vix, Captain of this ship. These are my associates; Egzo & Kayd" she gestures to the holos

Egzo@HF_Mudd does butt in to ask: "Whazza, um, widrab doin' on a Breen ship?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: You know of my people? *sigh of relief* So we still exist...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Well, it's obvious, since I'm here. I was thinking on general species survival level, mind you.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Widrab...?" looks to Egzo and back, "...Seen a few of you around the station, yeah"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Ahh, that's what you're called."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: And to answer your question, I'm definitely not on a breen vessel *looks around* Unless they started hiring mercenaries?

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Oh, you mean the one that blew up? Well, I was a prisoner, of course.

Lexi@crystyll smirks, "Don't suppose you might've been responsible for the blowing up?"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Sabotage? That's a likely guess..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Yes, I hacked the maintenance subroutines and modified warp field force field containment system to ignore a certain type of radiation that has quite the adverse effect on breen warp cryo-plasma. It was super effective.

Lexi@crystyll grins, "My kind of Widrab"

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "I can see. Very clever."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "huh. that's... yeah, pretty clever."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Now I'm thinkin' a clever little guy like you might also know somethin' about that star back there."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "An' what happened to it."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: I did have the inside help, mind you. Unfortunately, they perished helping me to the escape pod. *looks to the ground* Their presence will be sorely missed.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "You have my sympathies for the loss"

Egzo@HF_Mudd asks his question here, having rather less sympathy and more interest in answers.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Ah, you have witnessed the effects of the trilithium warp-capable armored Torpedo?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Yyyeah. We have."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Yes, T.W.A.T.'s terrible destructive firepower is off the charts. Wished we had that thing before we were enslaved by the Breen.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: xD

[Team] Kayd@anncarise: Hahaha

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: love it

[Team] Kayd@anncarise: Yeah that is such a great acronym

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: I mean, not that we would use it. Such doomsday device purpose should be as a deterrent. If you use it, it kinda fails it's own purpose!

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "We're guessing the Breen were using that system as a testing site?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: This was a first successful test, yes. Losing the testbed ship will slow them a bit, but you cannot really hide the test results.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods grimly.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Do they still possess the means to construct more of these weapons, or was all the data held within that test ship?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: There is a full-fledged research facility not far from here. I didn't have time to crack the main computer datacore, but it is hidden in a secure area within this nebula.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "Well, we ain't leavin' without takin' care a' THAT."

Lexi@crystyll looks to Egzo, grinning. Great minds think alike

Kayd@anncarise nods, "Time to torch that facility then."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Exact location is unknown to me, but I do know from eaves dropping on the crew talk, that they have a carrier and a wing of raiders defending the facility.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "So find their ships and we find the place. Got it."

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Aah hunting Breen squadrons, just like the good ol' days"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: I do not know much of the space defenses of the station itself, but Vel'sh L'zhen, the facility commander, believes her defenses to be "top notch", whatever that means.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Yo do have a fleet with you, yes?

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> Not, uh, /with/ us.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: <C> May need t' scout this place and come back with a bigger hammer. Like Daramar.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Depends on how top notch these defenses are, and if top notch just means firepower or cybersecurity as well..."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: the prisoners are kept separately from the rest of the station, and we were given different tasks not directly related to one another. I figured it out during the first weapon test.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "They will soon be missing that ship. If they find it in pieces, that security will be ramping up, you can guarantee"

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: with the death of Ak'ched Krilk, it will be next to impossible to access their computer systems from afar.

[Local] Lexi@crystyll: "Maybe our Orion friend coud get you in..." she looks over

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lyra: *peeps from the side* We could take a peek and get help from my au- erm Marshall Berylia.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "We'll have to see just how tight the security is. But if you can get inside, we can provide some bugs that should bring down their systems or give us control."

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "Isn't the Marshall's forces predisposed with that planet?"

Lexi@crystyll narrows her eyes at the little guys correction

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lyra: well, I was checking the scans of the trilithium detonation that collapsed the star...trilithium compound is a powerful explosive on it's own, but it's ability to stop fusion inside a star is -

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - the real killer. The higher the purity of the compound, the stronger effect it has.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Yes, and getting the needed purity and keeping the compund stable took years to achieve.

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods, chiming in, "Fusion keeps the star's outer layers puffed up. Stop it, whole thing collapses in on itself like /that/."

Egzo@HF_Mudd makes a big (hollow) sphere with his hands and clenches them into a much tighter one.

Egzo@HF_Mudd becomes aware people are staring. "/What?/ I know stuff."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Lyra: Yes, but add tekasite into the mix, and trilithium's power increases by at least tenfold.

Lexi@crystyll looks to Egzo, mildly impressed at the display of knowledge then grins the response

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: *to Egzo, bluntly* You are smarter than you look.

Kayd@anncarise chuckles at Egzo's response.

Egzo@HF_Mudd grins. "I get that a lot. Usually from people right before I... nah, don't worry."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "You're good."

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "So, what was your trick? T' refininin' the trilithium."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak; Tekasite? Hmmm now some changes to the warhead design make more sense...

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: (I didn't mean to put the extra "nin" in there, but it fits his way of talking :)

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Egzo is an interesting mix of obfuscating stupidity and low cunning. A pirate /and/ a starship engineer.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: My people were doing the reserch into trilithium explosives as Breen started raiding our space. I was the head of the project on my home colony before the Betrayal, but the project was scrapped

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: - as we had to evacuate due to incoming invasion.

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: my new headcanon is that he does it on purpose to detract from being an astrophysics genius on the side

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Naah, that's the lizard.

[Team] Kayd@anncarise: Hehe

[Team] Lexi@crystyll: xD

Egzo@HF_Mudd nods.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: But he can keep up with his science Gorn, sometimes, in some areas and for short sprints.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Mostly related to engines and stuff blowing up.

[Team] Egzo@HF_Mudd: Two passions of his :)

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: As our homeworld ignored our pleas for help, we headed for the last known colony that was holding against the Breen. Unfortunately, breen raider force caught up on our refugee flotilla.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: I do not know the fates of many of my friends, but most of my research staff was captured alive and brought to this place. It was more than 10 years ago...

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: I tried to sabotage the research, but after last attempt Vel'sh L'zhen executed a dozen prisoners.

Egzo@HF_Mudd just nods.

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: I will help you as I am able. *coughs* I have little hope we can save rest of my staff, but they definitely will not object to die if it means the breen will not get to use this terrible weapon.

[Local] Kayd@anncarise: <C> "We'll see what we can do about your people there."

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: I cannot ask more. Well, aside one thing.

[Local] Egzo@HF_Mudd: "And what's that?"

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: Mozak: Medical assistance. The escape pod's inertial dampeners were damaged during launch, and I have suffered multiple contusions. I believe I am about t-

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: *slumps unceremoniously to the ground*

[Local] Plott DeVice@gulremal: -- SCENE END --
4 Likes