Opportunity at the Silent Auction

To: CAPT Remoi, J. (@XR-377)
CC:
Subj: Silent Auction Opportunity

Dearest Captain James Remoi,

I am Lady Lauren Varley, of the I.S.S. Saratoga. Your keen interest in Lot #124 of the Silent Art Auction has not gone unnoticed by me. Your persistence in pursuit of it despite the overwhelming outbidding from both myself and the Great Admiral Perim, long may she live, is most admirable, and most Terran of you. It is in this noble persistence of yours that I see an opportunity what may benefit us both.

I am a competitive person; you might say my interest in this auction is of a specifically sporting nature. Some of the pieces I win may suit me as floor rug or perhaps washcloth, but ultimately it is the hunt that stirs my attention, not the prize. For this reason I would be glad to relinquish unto you Lot #124 once I win it, should you donate your auction stipend to me so that I may wield it with my already superior funds.

Alone, your odds are less than optimistic, but combined with mine your resources shall ensure victory. And you shall have your painting.

//SIGNED//
Lady Lauren Varley,
Duchess of Montreal,
Captain of the I.S.S. Saratoga

4 Likes

Lady Varley,

I am grateful for your belief that I am interested in high art, but the truth of the matter is I have my own reasons for bidding on piece #124 in the art auction. And that is primarily to make sure a scientist by the name of Johnathon Traise aboard Battle Station 13 is unable to win it. He is the one with the eye for art, I just want to see him suffer.

So, truth of the matter is, I don’t care who wins it as long as it isn’t him. And while I would appreciate lording the piece over him sometime by placing it aboard the Albion, I can survive without it.

I will continue to bid on it if I see his name anywhere near that painting (a bid on any other piece from him would likely be a bluff and hilarious if he won as a consolation prize) but I don’t see why I should get in the way of your contest.

If the little worm is able to scrounge up enough to outbid me, or you, I will happily take you up on your offer. Till then.

//SIGNED//
J. R.

2 Likes