PAO | RECOGNITION FOR THE 38TH FLEET 'ARGO'

E8klxEW.png

RECOGNITION FOR THE 38TH FLEET ‘ARGO’

The Fall Awards Ceremony Comes With Unanticipated Changes.

DEEP SPACE 13, ALDEBARAN SECTOR, Stardate 95895.7 - In their honored tradition, marking the approach of the end of the year, officers stood tall once more as they were acknowledged for their efforts in the past six months--and the years of effort building up to that--in a respectful ceremony that included announcements that would affect everyone.

Newly-promoted Rear Admiral, Upper Half, Dmitri Konieczko took up the speech for the day after being introduced by the Fleet’s Commanding Officer, Vice Admiral Enzio Amiri. His words acknowledged the challenges faced by each and every person in the Fleet, the decisions they made and the standards they not only live up to, but excel beyond. He emphasized the reasons the officers stood there, that day, waiting for recognition, or promotion. He also sought to ease old scars, by announcing that the station would be erecting a monument of remembrance for those who were lost.

The Rear Admiral said this, when asked about the awards: "It is my belief that these ceremonies are important. We utilize them to recognize those that go above and beyond the standard call of duty of our brave Starfleet explorers."

When the awards were granted, the officers presented a dignified, respectful demeanor. Khre’Riov Rellir i-Ra'tleihfi t'Lhaihtrha presented Sotarek Citations to both Republic and Starfleet officers in recognition of their service--both military and tactical. Science and diplomacy outnumbered other Starfleet awards, as multiple people received the Zefram Cochrane Medal of Excellence and the Prentares Ribbon of Commendation, in higher numbers than other medals. Ambassador Neema Perim was recognized for her efforts in diplomacy and Commander Davin Mandukar, for his tactical acumen.

The promotions were equally sober, notably with now-Captain Rose Hanson moving to take command of the U.S.S. Sunrise. The U.S.S. Sunrise will remain assigned to the 38th Fleet and begin in its rotation once the new Captain has settled in.

The end of the ceremony produced an unexpected announcement that brings both pleasure for the recipient and sadness to the Fleet as a whole. The Joint Squadron Commander, Khre’Riov Rellir i-Ra'tleihfi t'Lhaihtrha, will be returning to Mol’Rihan for a new assignment. While the 38th Fleet command looks forward to working with her successor, her calm presence and equitable relationship with the Federation will be sorely missed. Rear Admiral Konieczko had this to say about the Khre’Riov: "I would like to thank the Commander-General for the continued support through the trying times that the 38th Fleet has seen in recent years. She has been a vital ally and one that we will miss. The Vice Admiral, myself and the 38th Fleet as a whole wish her the very best wherever she ends up."

Congratulations to all those who received awards, and to those who were promoted or transferred, I offer this: “Fair winds and following seas.”

About the 38th Fleet: 38th Fleet ARGO is dedicated to being at the forefront of Starfleet’s exploration and scientific missions, with the addition of having forces on hand to commit to assuring the security of this part of Federation space. In addition, this fleet represents Starfleet as ambassadors to both new encounters and established interactions with other cultures. Personnel of the 38th Fleet exemplify decisive action, innovative thinking, and a culture of professionalism and integrity.

###

If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Lieutenant Commander Gira Moen Niya at the 38th Fleet’s Public Affairs Office on Deep Space 13.
10 Likes