Personal Log: Kermit, James

Spoiler: As Promised...Show
Kermit is laying on his bed in the dark. He'd definitely been sleeping not too long ago, but he's still wearing what appears to be the previous day's uniform. The tunic is half unzipped, and he's only wearing one shoe, but otherwise he's fully dressed.

Computer, lights. LOW!
...such a headache. I swore I'd never record these things again. But. A deal is a deal. Personal Log. James Kermit. Stardate.. *muffled noises* ..the hell is it... Yeah. Stardate 90707.9.

This is my first entry since... It's been almost five years.

I've been stationed here on DS13 for just about four months now. Can't have been onboard the Nautilus for more than five minutes before the transfer order came through. I, uh, I guess I was a little disappointed at first. Can't exactly pilot a starbase, after all. But in the end, I think this was actually a step up for me. Working in Operations is...well, it's essentially a promotion. Not so much in rank as in responsibility. Instead of having my one duty station, my one task to perform, I spend most of my time coordinating everybody else's work. Oh. And making docking schedules. I hate docking schedules.

A muffled sigh as he rubs his face.

Four months. Doesn't sound like a long time, does it? But it sure feels that way. This place... it really grows on you. I can't even imagine myself being posted anywhere else anymore. The people here... The people have been amazing. If you'd asked me a few months ago? Never. Not in million years would I have believed how things turned out. My best friend is a Romulan, for God's sake.

Then there's Katriel. Other than the people in Ops, I probably see her most. Heh. Truth is, she's the first one I met when I came aboard. After that, at some point I pretty much unilaterally decided that we were friends and proceeded to co-opt her late-night 'reading and tea-drinking' time. She'll probably...I don't know, melt my brain or something one day. Either that, or MACO-Matt will show up and shoot me. Eh. Whatever.

Some movement-related noise can be heard as Kermit makes his way to the edge of the bed and sits up.

Oh, and I stole a shuttle again. Old habits, right? Long story. Don't ask. Everything's fine.

Computer. Pause recording. Save to file, titled: 'As Promised,' and encrypt.
Transmit using next available frequency to Starfleet Medical, Earth.
Resume recording.

Anyway. These logs are supposed to be about current events, right? Enough history.

I gave Rellir the contact information and instructions. This 'Doctor Senva' better not turn out to be a quack.

Apparently McCarthy bought out Ackbar's. Honestly, I didn't think he had that much money. He must be more successful than I thought.

A Ensign from a passing ship came aboard last night and ran into a group of us at the bar. Turned out she was one of Lt. Althea's friends from back at the Academy. Friendly enough. An Engineer, I think. Couldn't have been more than a year ahead of me. I found guest quarters for her at the end of the night. What was her name? ...can't remember her name. It'll come to me later.

On that note. I really need to stop drinking things that Aurelia puts in front of me. Yeah. I know. I'm an idiot.

Kermit is up off the bed now. From the sound of it, he's clumsily rummaging around searching for something. Probably his missing shoe.

I'm still worried about Nethali. I have no idea why I'm worried. I have no reason to be worried. It's none of my business. I wish I could help. I don't wanna talk about this anymore.

Met an interesting...person later last night. I was sitting at the table talking with Katriel. We were getting ready to head out for the night when he came in. We talked for a while. Well. That's not really true. They talked. I listened. They ended up talking about Quaen. I've never seen Katriel like that before. I couldn't even...I didn't have anything to say.

I think I'm gonna do some digging later. That's about it. I'm done with this.

Computer. End Recording.
7 Likes
Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day OneShow
Audio recording only. Kermit is probably just talking into a PADD.

Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 90875.5.

D'Ishae, Day One. Woke up like a perfectly normal day. Narrowly avoided Death-by-Audrey. Sorry, scratch that. Dismemberment-by-Audrey. Spent the morning teaching a room full of Romulans how to speak Federation Standard. That went about as well as you might imagine. How did I let Nethali talk me into this?

Mr. Kirlan is off working on... something something turbolifts. I.. ah, I wasn't listening. I'll check up on him after lunch. Make sure he's not trying to.. I don't know, kill all of us or whatever it is that people from the Mirror Universe want to do.

After that... I don't know. Maybe I'll go bother Nethali in the hangar bay.

Computer, end recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day TwoShow
Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 90878.

D'Ishae, Day Two. The Romulans are not at all happy to have me here. Half of them seem to think that I'm here to help Nethali take over the ship. Suppose being assigned as a language teacher just screams cover story. Eh, at least I'm getting to spend some time hanging out with Aster, that's always fun.

Computer, end recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day ThreeShow
Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 90880.

D'Ishae, Day Three. Haven't seen Nethali yet today. Kirlan's off working. So bored. Gonna take a nap.

End recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day FourShow
Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 90884.

D'Ishae, Day Four. Fed the plant today. Running out of couch.

End log.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day FiveShow
Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 90887.6.

D'Ishae, Day Five. Subcommander Mandu-..T'Varros? Mandukar? I don't know anymore - Davin joined Nethali and me in the lounge tonight. He seemed... better. Says he is, too. We'll see. Got a chance to go take a look at the singularity. Really interesting technology, not that I understood much of it. Really need to brush up on my engineering one of these days.

Computer, end recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day SixShow
Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 90890.4.

D'Ishae, Day Six. We responded to a distress call today. Ended up taking on Kobali refugees and engaging a group of Malon vessels. Was certainly interesting, seeing the ship and crew in action. The Subcommander still seems to be fine. Though, now Nethali seems preoccupied. Didn't get a chance to talk to her about it after the mission. Maybe tomorrow.

In other news, Rellir tells me that Foster 'assimilated' Sparky the Stuffed Epohh. Tragic news indeed. He'll not be forgotten.

Computer, end recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day Seven ... and EightShow
Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 9089... 4.9. Yeeeah, I overslept. It's day eight already.

Also, I'm green. That's not some kind of metaphor, I'm literally covered in green paint. I don't know what could have possibly made me think this was a good idea.

Long story short, I was trying to convince Nethali that we weren't going to die from poisoned cookies. Somehow.. we must've fallen asleep.

So it's like, 3am, and the red-haired Romulan comes in, freaking out. Which, in retrospect, is perfectly fair. We've never met, and here I am, sleeping on her couch. In her bedroom. She was easily placated by Nethali's offer of cookie, though.

Somehow, this turned into something of an adventure. Involving stealing a plasma flamethrower and filling it with green paint. I, uh, guess I had more fun than I'd like to admit.

Elizabeth Liraena Callahan. Lir. She's half human, which I guess explains the hair. And the forehead. I think I... never mind. I need to sneak out of here and find a shower. Before Aster takes pictures or something.

End Recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day 12Show
Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90906.9.

Aurelia continues to refuse to let me help her. She's just gonna keep fighting with Nethali. I'm gonna be here forever.

In other news. I think... that was a date. I'll have to think of... oh! I know. End log.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day 17Show
Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90917.1.

Rellir's in sickbay. Reaction to Trellium exposure. Need to do some reading. Oh, and I shot Aurelia today. On stun. She was exposed too, and not acting herself. And holding a shotgun. Had to be done, but she's not likely to get over it any time soon. We'll be back to DS13 soon. End recording.

Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90917.8.

Nethali's in sickbay too. Problems with the baby. They had to use a transporter and emergency surgery to save her. Wish I'd gotten there sooner. End log.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day 21Show
Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90928.

I spent the last several days in sickbay. People have questions. They're making assumptions. It doesn't matter. It worked. She's alive.

Nethali and Brandy are both alive too. Doing pretty well, even, considering.

Computer, end recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day 23Show
Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90934.5

Lir came to see me in sickbay again today. She'd figured it out, or some of it, anyway. Couldn't understand why I'd still be associating with Rellir. She was furious, but I couldn't tell her. I promised. Thankfully, she eventually figured out the rest on her own without too much prompting. I'd really like for them to be friends.

Computer, stop recording.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day 29Show
Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90951

Was back on DS13 in Ops yesterday, helping out with the Baryon Sweep. Somehow, they managed to blow out two of the medical decks. Katriel's office was in that section. Completely wrecked.

Afterwards... Nethali kissed a Reman. That was interesting. And then.. we went back to the ship and she was kind enough to share her Kali-fal and explain exactly what would happen to me if I hurt Lir. I'm not ... entirely sure what happened next, but I think she actually carried me somewhere. That... may have been a dream.

Computer, End log.

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day 32Show
Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90959.3

Finally finished writing the holoprogram. Hadn't seen Lir in days, but caught her in the transporter room. Couldn't have gone better.

((The recording times out. Apparently he walked away.))

Spoiler: D'Ishae, Day 37Show
Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 90975.

Day 37 on the D'Ishae. I'll be back on DS13 full-time tomorrow, and.. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm not sure I'm happy about it.

In any case, I've been having a great time with Lir, and I figured... I'm leaving anyway, so why not? I managed to um, 'obtain,' the ship's access codes. Hooked up a replicator with the transporter, and made it snow on the bridge.

Of course, while everyone was looking at the flurries, I sent up some flowers for Lir. Davin was furious, of course; but she smiled, and it was worth it.

Anyway. He's got a sword, and I'm still on his ship. This is uh... my last log from the D'Ishae.

Computer, end recording.
7 Likes
Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 91064.5.

Four hours, since we got the news about the change in Command. I hadn't met Captain Perim until this morning. She walked into Ops just in time for Admiral Thackett to call on the comm. Couldn't really get a read on her. She introduced herself, explained the situation, and then went off to the conference room. Definitely seemed more formal than Captain Morton, but I guess that's to be expected.

Was the strangest thing, after that though. She started calling people in for private meetings. Four hours later, she's still at it. I don't know exactly what's being discussed in there, but whatever it is, nobody seems to like it.

Computer, end recording.

Personal Log, James Kermit. Stardate 91065.0.

Eight hours, since the new Captain took over. She's been in private one-on-one meetings all day, and I finally found out why. Commander Vargas, our Department Head, was called in about 20 minutes ago. When he came out? He's been reassigned. Some cruiser near Regulus. Every single person she's called in, reassigned, rotated out, or otherwise removed. Most of them high-ranking, Commanders and such. I guess I should just count myself lucky that I didn't make this list, but... it doesn't seem right.

In any case, we're expecting our new Department Head later today. A Commander Helstone. Quite a reputation. Wish me luck!

End recording.

Personal Log, James Kermit, Stardate 91069.5.

Quite a day yesterday. I knew Helstone was going to be... less lenient, but she was all over me. I went with a security team to see to the docking of a damaged Romulan warbird. Ran into Nethali, and things took a little longer than expected. ... Yep. And then there's Helstone, threatening to bump me back down to Ensign, just because I took my time getting back to Ops.

But, man, you should have seen her face when she found out I was heading out on leave after that shift. I shouldn't enjoy that. I really shouldn't. She's going to kill me one day, I'm saying it now.

Aaaanyway, I worked through the holidays, so I decided to use my leave-time to join up with D'Ishae on a trip to New Romulus. I'm... not actually sure why they were going, but it was a good enough excuse to spend some time with Lir. As always, Nethali complicated matters. In her infinite wisdom, she decided to shave the SubCommander's Sehlat. Sure, that's hilarious, but she really didn't think this one through. Davin comes down, drops off Brandy, and just... leaves. So.. now we're stuck on mol'rihan. Again.

But, even after all of that, it was a good day. I asked Lir to move onto the station with me.

Computer, look up the departure time for the next transport to Eta Eridani, and end recording.
4 Likes
Spoiler: Show
Personal Log, Stardate 91107.5.

There is some noise in the background. It's mostly quiet and rhythmic, but there is the occasional spike in volume. Could that be...snoring?

Long day. Lir went with an away team to an irradiated ship. I was stuck in Ops. I think it was easier, when she was on D'Ishae. They'd leave, they'd come back. If there was trouble, I'd hear about it after the fact. Now...

Anyway. She came back with a very mild case of radiation sickness. Got treatment in sickbay, and she's just ... sleeping it off.

The background noise becomes sharply louder for just a second before retuning to it's previous rhythm.

I, for some reason, couldn't get to sleep. Went for a walk, and ran into Agnie, and a couple friends from the Munin. Had a few drinks, and ... Arri showed up. She was ... pretty much on a date with Adam, from security. To call it awkward would be the understatement of the century. Though ... I guess it wasn't so bad. Actually had a pretty good time. When it quieted down a little, we talked for a while, and I think...I think it's going to be okay.

Anyway. On my way back, I ran into Davin. Apparently he has some concerns about Lir. I .. was not tactful. But really, I'm tired of it. I get it, he's protective, but I have no interest in proving to him how much I lo-...

I shouldn't have to prove anything to him. But I think I might have to.

The noise finally seems to quiet considerably.

It's almost time to wake up. I'm gonna try to get some sleep.
8 Likes