Personal Log: Sadaann

STARDATE: 99449

Sadaann’s personal log.

It seems even we ‘lower decks’, the term used to define officers of junior rankings are required to keep logs of our day-to-day activities and ongoings of our posting. With that in mind, I have some catching up to do. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the Volodi bombing investigation to its conclusion. The investigation falling under the purview of the U.S.S. Endeavor, so I am confident that if the perpetrator hasn’t already been caught, the Endeavor and its crew are working diligently to see the bomber apprehended.

Regarding my reassignment to the U.S.S. Reyga, NCC-98122. The transition has been smooth enough, the only remotely inconvenient thing being: as the Captain has described it, “a little hiccup” referring to some corner cutting from the ship’s construction crew. Under direct command of Commander Sedai and collaboration with Ensign Ban, as well as Lieutenant Ralts we were able to not only detect the issue but correct the correction crew’s error. They left a hatch open.

Moving on. With the ship and crew having settled, Captain Kermit saw fit to host a meet and greet in the mess hall. I attended simply to just observe, however others arrived with conflicting intentions. Before I could settle into an area for optimal observation, I was approached by the Captain and Chief Engineer Kuvak. I surmise this was done due to the fact that we are both of Vulcan heritage. I continue to find the ongoing association of myself and those who originate from Vulcan unpleasant at best and frustrating at worst. It’s proven to bring unwarranted and unwanted expectation. I live by what I can remember of the teachings of my parents, and the lived experiences of M’talas. I do not pretend otherwise.

Thankfully, both the Captain and Chief Engineer were caught up with the arrival of Ensign Ban and Lieutenant Sono, which allowed me to slip away. Something I haven’t had to do since the District 9 incident. It seems my efforts to remain on the metaphorical sidelines wouldn’t hold for long, soon after settling myself into my seat, Ensign Ban had settled himself at the end of the table with a tea set and began to regale me about tea, and how the replicators and rather ineffective at producing the beverage. I, having not had tea or anything reminiscent of it since I was a child had little to contribute to the conversation.

Apparently with how sudden people engage in social interaction while holding little regard as to how said suddenness affects the other, I should look into the possibility of developing a socialization appointment system. For those who take enjoyment from prying into others’ personal logs, I was joking.

Skipping ahead to the Captain’s holo-exercise, there’s not much to say about the exercise itself. The simulated alien species to which simulated diplomacy were to take place with were, to be frank, rather disturbing to look at. I think the grotesque appearance was purposefully programmed by the Captain.

With all things considered, life aboard a starship has been… enlightening to say the least.

Computer, conclude file.

6 Likes