Personal Log: Suvik

Welcome aboard.
Spoiler: Show
Personal Log, Stardate 92577.9, Lieutenant Commander Suvik recording.

I have boarded Deep Space 13 many times in the past, but today was my first time as a member of its crew. The staff has been expedient in processing my transfer, and my quarters were ready for me before I arrived. I officially reported in to my superior, Commander T'irin. She seems to be a competent and efficient officer, and I found her to be most agreeable.

My experience with the local civilian market was not as successful. I was told that the bartender at the Starlight Cantina, a Ferengi known as 'Swifty', was the ideal individual to speak to when one wishes to arrange for expedient and low-cost transport of uncommon merchandise from a considerable distance away. Unfortunately, Mister Swifty was under the mistaken impression that I was interested in the sale of contraband, and I was unable to dissuade him of this notion. I will have to seek alternative means to acquire my meditation candles. Eridanus and Bastet appear to be staples of this region, and I have heard of a promenade shop run by one called Zolar. I will investigate further in the coming days.

End recording.
5 Likes
Settling in.
Personal Log, Stardate 92579.9, Lieutenant Commander Suvik recording.

I have yet to become accustomed to life aboard the starbase. I have been assured that we are free from unwanted infestation, yet the number of incidents involving domesticated felines interfering with routine maintenance is higher than would be expected, were that the case. I must make an inquiry with Operations.

End recording.
7 Likes
Answers.
Personal Log, Stardate 92614.9, Lieutenant Commander Suvik recording.

My investigation into the feline infestation is ongoing. A young Lieutenant in Operations provided me with a mapping of the most common locations where the creatures have invaded the station's conduits. I determined that 87.5% of those conduits passed through Cargo Bay 16. Upon my inspection of the area, I found an unconventionally large amount of Cardassian Yamok Sauce in storage. One of the smaller crates had broken open at the bottom corner, allowing the felines access to the condiment, upon which I found a number of them feeding.

Since the broken crate led to the congregation of domesticated felines in power transfer conduits, my first suspicion was sabotage. However, my theory proved to be incorrect when I later discovered that the damage had been reported as accidental during a routine cargo transfer operation.

As this is a personal log, I am also obligated to record that the last of my effects have arrived on the station and I am now fully unpacked.

End recording.
4 Likes