Personal Logs; Tysir, Odi

“Personal Log; Stardate 98434.6.”

He sighs, and lets himself fall into his desk chair.

“I’ve just spent the last five hours crawling around in Jefferies tubes, running diagnostic after diagnostic trying to find out what was wrong with some diplomat’s replicator, just to find out the idiot was trying to order food that wasn’t in the database.”

He pauses and looks at the ceiling, beginning to chuckle.

“I should’ve known what I was getting myself into. Engineering on a starship is problem solving, thinking on the fly, life or death decisions, et cetera. Engineering on a starbase has turned out to be doing menial tasks and maintenance. What was I thinking…”

Tysir looks down at his uniform. It’s covered in mechanical grease and stained with various liquids. “At least I look the part.” he adds with a sigh.

“In other news, I seem to have made a few friends. The engineering crew is friendly enough, and they’re capable, which is nice. I also met some Lieutenant from Ops who has been helping me out, showing me stuff on the station, and I suppose we’ve gotten somewhat close. I think it’ll take awhile to be ‘One of the officers’, or whatever, but for the time being I think it’ll be fine.”

“Hopefully something genuinely interesting happens soon or I think I’m gonna die of boredom before I get reassigned anywhere else…”

End of log.

7 Likes