Security Level 3: Restricted
TO LCDR Kermit, LCDR Fozka
CC RDML Konieczko, CAPT Ailes, CMDR Kermit
FROM CAPT Caspius
SUBJ. Priority Analysis/Simulation
4OB3P0J.png

Note: this communique is CLASSIFIED.

Lieutenant Commanders Kermit and Fozka,

Attached you will find schematics for an Azedi subspace disruption weapon capable of disabling a single starship's warp field for a period of several minutes. This is a preliminary development: the Azedi are in the process of developing a more advanced version of this same weapon, capable of disrupting subspace in a large area for a period of hours.

The schematic data has already been analysed by Starfleet Intelligence, but you are directed to conduct a thorough and independent analysis of the schematics in order to verify exact details with regard to yield, effect, deployment, potential countermeasures, and to evaluate the feasibility of constructing such a device for our own field tests to obtain additional data (time estimated: 24-48 hours).

In addition to and alongside the schematic analysis, you are directed to construct and then run computer simulations of the device in the schematics in order to provide us with a solid foundational ground in terms of simulator results to validate your analysis (time estimated 24-48 hours).

Delivery method of this weapon is currently a large, relatively slow-moving torpedo. However, as with the yield, this is a preliminary stage in weapon development. It is expected that the Azedi will move to refine weapon delivery in terms of speed, accuracy, and resistance to detection. Consequently, time is of the essence.

Select your best personnel for this project, but keep the total number of people involved to as few as possible whilst still being able to meet the time constraints: I expect your results within 72 hours.

Reminder: this communique is CLASSIFIED.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
Starbase Commander, Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENTS//
shipment.dump39.lzip
5 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95548.0
TO CAPT Caspius, LCDR Fozka
CC RDML Konieczko, CAPT Ailes, CMDR Kermit
FROM LCDR Kermit
SUBJ. Re: Priority Analysis/Simulation
4OB3P0J.png

Captain,

I don't think it's exaggerating to say that a weapon like this is unprecedented, at least to known Federation science. There aren't many things which can disrupt subspace on a scale like this. That said, the Azedi should be just as vulnerable to this sort of weapon as we are, if not moreso due to their reliance on wormhole technology for power.

Consider this project our top priority. I will keep you updated as we progress. If you acquire any further information on this weapon system please be sure to send it our way. And of course, we will keep this discreet.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Kermit
Chief Engineer, Deep Space 13
6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
TO LCDR Kermit
CC RDML Konieczko; CAPT Caspius; CAPT Ailes; CMDR Kermit
FROM LCDR T. Fozka
SUBJ SUBJ: RE: Priority Analysis/Simulation
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

I believe this is best solved by a team of Engineers and Scientists working alongside each other so that we can greatly speed up the process. I will bring down a team of select few scientists with me to meet with you and get this project going. I have already begun the analysis of the data, so we are able to discuss this matter in greater depth when we meet.

Strength and Valour,

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Throk Fozka
Science Department Chief, Deep Space 13

Backdated to coincide with Davin's last message so that the time difference ICly is believable.
3 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
TO LCDR T. Fozka
CC RDML Konieczko; CAPT Caspius; CAPT Ailes; CMDR Kermit
FROM LCDR Kermit
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

I'm not one to turn down extra help when I can get it, so by all means the more the merrier. If this is like the other examples of Azedi technology we've been able to get our hands on then we have our work cut out for us. If you can I would ask you prioritize those with experience in subspace fields dynamics and Omega particle interactions, and of course prior experience with Azedi technology is always helpful.

Drop by Engineering whenever your team is ready, and let's see if we can save our little corner of the galaxy.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Kermit
Chief Engineer, Deep Space 13
4 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
TO CAPT Caspius
CC RDML Konieczko; CAPT Ailes; CMDR Kermit
BCC LCDR Kermit
FROM LCDR T. Fozka
4OB3P0J.png

Captain,

Please see the preliminary results, attached.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Throk Fozka
Science Department Chief, Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENTS// prelimAZEDIsubspace.aar
2 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95566.2
TO LCDR Fozka
CC RDML Konieczko, CAPT Ailes, CMDR Kermit, LCDR Kermit
FROM CAPT Caspius
SUBJ. Priority Analysis/Simulation
4OB3P0J.png

Lieutenant Commander Fozka,

I have reviewed your analysis and subsequent report and find your work to have been of exceptional quality. Extend to those involved notification that I am personally very satisfied. Your team will be recommended for commendation.

Now that Rear Admiral Konieczko has access to the analytical data, we will await further instructions from Fleet Command as they take the time to review our findings.

Please note that Commander-General Rellir has enquired into this project, but because our analysis was already complete by the time Captain Ailes and I met with her, her assistance was not solicited. As such, she has not been briefed on this project. This nature of this project and its results remains classified. Remind your colleagues that they are not to discuss your project, or its findings, or the information that led to this project, with anyone who has not been included in this communique unless you receive authorisation from myself, Captain Ailes, or Fleet Command.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
Starbase Commander, Deep Space 13
4 Likes