Priority Orders

To: CMDR Sakkhet (@Nimitz), LCDR Blake, K. (@Moose), CMDR Jarnefelt, C. (@Eunha)
CC: CAPT Maikull, B.
Subj: Priority Orders

Commanders, I have time-sensitive and high priority tasking for you.

As you should be aware, I am still aboard Asimov in proximity to the Yuhop system. The Alexander is en-route to Deep Space 13 carrying prisoners that will require your direct attention. Commander Sakkhet, be ready to receive Captain Maikull and the specific details of the captives that he will provide to you in person. Treat this information as level 3 - restricted.

Commander Blake, prepare a wing in the brig specifically for these captives, void of any other current prisoners. They won’t take up the whole wing, but I want them separated as much as possible from the rest of the starbase. Be prepared to redirect a considerable portion of your staff to guard/prisoner care duty, and identify the officers of yours with psychic resistance training. They’ll be in a better position to directly interact with some of the captives. Coordinate with Commander Jarnefelt for telepathic countermeasures, as below.

Commander Jarnefelt, we’re going to require everything you have on Aenar telepathic neurotransmitter suppression. It’s my understanding that a Psilosynine suppressant as prescribed for Betazoids can be effective, if used in a much higher dosage. Presently these captives are stable in a medically-induced coma. If you’re confident their abilities can be suppressed it would be preferable to have them conscious, but they should be considered a severe threat to the entire station. Don’t take chances.

I regret that these unprecedented times see me away from you all at this critical junction, but I have the utmost faith in your abilities and your judgement. I’ll keep myself as available for further communication as possible.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

10 Likes

To: CAPT Varley, L. (@Lauren)
CC: CMDR Sakkhet (@Nimitz), CMDR Jarnefelt, C. (@Eunha)
Subj: RE: Priority Orders

Captain,

The brig is prepared as per your instruction. Cells 217 to 237 are vacated in preparation. I’ve begun a staff evaluation and will post appropriate rotations.

Commander Jarnefelt, I’d appreciate your information on telepathic blockers ASAP. If it is safe and non toxic in gaseous form, could we mix it with the air in the cells as required?

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Kara Blake
Chief Security Officer,
Deep Space 13

Subj: RE: Priority Orders

Captain,

I must protest this course of action regarding these Aenar prisoners. I don’t believe it is safe to have these prisoners aboard the station in this capacity, conscious or in a coma.

A comatose mind may still present a severe risk of undirected and unrestricted psionic ability. It may be as dangerous to the crew, the civilians and the prisoners alike.

I have a potential solution that is not without its own risk to the prisoners but would be far safer to the starbase population.

As keeping the prisoners off the station would only move the problem elsewhere, I believe we should keep them aboard the station, in a transporter buffer.

As I say, it’s not without its own risks, but it provides increased protection to the majority of starbase population.

My alternative suggestion would be to place them on a locked shuttlecraft, tied to only accept commands from DS13, on V774 Tau III. With a check on Psilosynine levels and prisoner well being rotating every 2 hours.

I believe this carries additional risks to the crew assigned to this duty, however is far safer for all involved.

In either situation, I believe if you choose one of these options, the information be kept between ourselves. If you opt for the shuttlecraft idea, any security staff assigned would be kept separate from those assigned to the brig.

//SIGNED//
Chief Security Officer,
Deep Space 13

8 Likes

To: LCDR Blake, K.
CC: CMDR Kermit, J.
Subj: Re: Re: Priority Orders

Commander Blake, I appreciate the difficult position I’m putting you in. Unfortunately, Deep Space 13 is far and above the most secure facility we have on hand. Once the prisoners are processed, they will be relocated to a dedicated Federation holding facility sometime next week. In the meanwhile, you’re just going to have to make do.

I’ll grant the shuttlecraft proposal is creative, but there are too many variables to consider for me to be comfortable with it. Our objective isn’t solely to keep our people safe, it’s also to contain our prisoners. Using the transport buffer to hold them is certainly safer for our people, but I don’t need to tell you that transporters aren’t designed to function that way. I’ve heard of cases in which a diagnostics cycle can be exploited to retain a pattern’s integrity over the long term, but I’m wary to authorize this course of action with the inherent risk posed to our captives. They are in our charge. If we kill them through a hasty precautionary measure, that’s on us.

If you can have some experts from Engineering assess the feasibility of this plan, I’d be open to hearing about the results. But for now I’m convinced that medically suppressing their abilities is our best course of action, and most practical for when they need to be relocated away from our facility again. I apologize that I can’t accommodate your request for total secrecy, but with Commander Kermit returning to the station I’ve attached him to this message chain. He can help.

Thank you for your work, Commander.

//SIGNED//
Captain Lauren Varley
Commanding Officer, Deep Space 13
38th Fleet ‘Argo’

5 Likes

To: LCDR Blake
CC: CAPT Varley
Subj: Re: Priority Orders

Put them in the god box.

//SIGNED//
Commander James Kermit
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13

//ATTACHMENT// godbox.rpt

5 Likes

CC: CMDR Kermit, J. (@kermit)
Subj: RE: Re: Re: Priority Orders

Captain, Commander,

I trust your judgement in this matter, but I felt I had to make my concerns visible. My intent with secrecy was to prevent the distribution of information between prisoners in separate groups, and prevent a combined force as per the reports from the Alexander.

I will work with Commander Jarnefelt to ensure the best medical solution.

//SIGNED//
Chief Security Officer,
Deep Space 13

5 Likes