Report on Nim Prosecution

SUBMITTED:
Stardate 96682.1
FILED BY:
LTJG Sonya Niazov
SECURITY:
Level 2 - Confidential

MISSION: JAG Prosecution of Lieutenant Commnader Vera Nim.

OUTCOME: Plea Deal arranged.

KEY PERSONNEL:
LCDR Vera Nim (Defendant)
Margit Brandt (Defendant's Counsel)
LTJG Sonya Niazov (Representing Starfleet)

NARRATIVE: Full record can be found here. Due to the political nature of the offense, discretion is advised.

RECOMMENDATION: Following the deposition of Lieutenant Commander Nim, this officer has developed several professional opinions on the matter. Commander Nim's actions were not done merely in a way that represented Starfleet, but in service for Starfleet. This context has been weighed in on the final offer, along with the fact that the Lieutenant Commander acted without mandate from her superiors.

Deriving from the deposition, it is also the opinion of this officer that Lieutenant Commander Nim would repeat her actions if given the chance, along with a possibility of replication. To ensure that such an incident does not occur in the mandate of preserving the reputation of Starfleet and the Federation, this officer included an agreement in the plea arrangement that would bar the defendant from participating in Starfleet or law enforcement on a high enough level that would cause concern.

Given everything, this officer has opted to apply prosecutorial discretion in a dismissal from Starfleet at the level of a bad-conduct discharge.

OOC: Niazov's report for the Nim investigation. Thanks to Sophist and Calyx for letting me participate on Niazov. I had fun, and I hope everyone else did too.
4 Likes