BH1Pd8X.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO CAPT Caspius
CC --
FROM LCDR Kermit, J.

SUBJ Returning to Duty
4OB3P0J.png

Captain,

Congratulations on your promotion. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before you left for DS13. I'm sure you've heard by now that Admiral Konieczko has delayed my return to duty for a period of two weeks.

I'm contacting you today to request to return to duty immediately. It sounds like DS13 is still in shambles and wallowing around on K-7 is the last thing that's going to do me any good. I haven't even spoken to the Admiral or anyone from fleet command, but you were with me through all of it. If anybody knows that I'm ready to get back to work, it's you.

Further, with all due respect to Commander Sakkhet, DS13 Operations is the only posting I've ever held. I know the station and I know the crew, certainly better than anyone left in the department. I can help, but I need you to let me. With your blessing, I can be in uniform and on a shuttle to DS13 within the hour.

Looking forward to your response, sir.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander James Kermit
Acting Chief of Operations, DS13
6 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95037.9
Security Level 1: Open
TO LCDR J.Kermit
CC RDML Konieczko, LCDR Sedai
FROM CAPT Caspius
SUBJ. Returning to Duty
4OB3P0J.png

LCDR Kermit,

I understand your desire to return to duty and to return to Deep Space 13, and I have no doubt that you are confident in your self-appraisal. But, as keen as I am to have you on Deep Space 13, and as useful as I feel you would be in contributing to the rebuilding efforts, your own self-diagnosis is insufficient to justify reversing the recommendations of the Counseling department, or in overriding Commodore Konieczko's confirmation of the same.

However, with that said, I am forwarding your message to the aforementioned officers so that they will have the opportunity to review their decision. If they choose to lift your medical leave, you will be most welcome on Deep Space 13 at your earliest convenience. Otherwise, the existing orders stand.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
Starbase Commander, Deep Space 13
5 Likes
TO CAPT Caspius, LCDR Kermit
CC RDML Konieczko
FROM LCDR Sedai
SUBJ Re: Returning to Duty

Hello,

In this case, I would not object to my medical recommendation being overridden, especially if James is only required to work half shifts for the duration of what would have been his leave time.

//SIGNED//
LCDR Sedai, Katriel
DS13 Counseling
7 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95037.9
Security Level 1: Open
TO CMDR Hanson, LCDR J.Kermit
CC RDML Konieczko, LCDR Sedai
FROM CAPT Caspius
SUBJ. Returning to Duty
4OB3P0J.png

LCDR James Kermit,

In light of the counseling department's revised ruling, you are hereby returned to active duty, effective immediately. Meet with me upon your return to the station to discuss your shift rotation, which will be half-time until the end of your earlier scheduled leave.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
Starbase Commander, Deep Space 13
6 Likes