Romulans Encountering Mithami

To: Starfleet Intelligence
CC: Starfleet Medical
Subject: Romulan First Contact

The following messaage and holo recording has been declassified for consumption in order to facilitate the following:

Mithami Biological Examination

Mithami Geological Survey

These were collected from salvaged Romulan databanks aboard the RSW [REDACTED]

Sub-Commander [REDACTED]'s log

We have begun geological survey of planetary system KZ3-19. Three gas giants orbiting a standard activation star. KZ3-19a is a J-class giant with 9 rocky moons. Moons one through four are run of the mill rocky planetoids. The fifth may warrant a deeper examination as anomalies results are coming from sensors.

Supplemental

Survey scans report life-forms residing beneath the surface of the L-class moon within it’s porous crust. Dominate species appears to have mastered steam vents, metalworking, and sub-terranean agriculture. Dilithium has been detected deeper into the crust so possible this moon would possibly make a new mining base. Commander has requested medical perform a detailed examination of the humanoid species.

The following holorecording contains the examination of a Mithami.

"Computer begin recording" the Romulan attending nurse states as she takes up a stylus and begins to dictate notes for her supervising doctor. "Doctor [REDACTED] beginning biological examination of subject KZ3-19a-5 humanoid. Nurse [REDACTED] dictating and taking notes," the dimly lit doctor begins with, dimming the room so only the blue-grey humanoid lying on the examination table is brightly lit.

"Subject appears to clad in simple clothes made of furs, leathers, and silks with polished stone fasteners." the Doctor begins, moving a scanner over the unconscious Mith. "Footwear appears to be optional" he notes with some amusement when he reaches the bare feet.

"I would like to note that subject was acquired from the surface when a team was dispatched to the surface. There may be some residual effects of the stunning and transporting." the nurse inserts. "Yes, yes, that's correct. I hope this species gets me the recognition I deserve. Now may I continue?" The doctor says, holding the scanner lazily in his hand. The nurse takes a few steps back into the shadow and bows her head in submission. "Yes sir, sorry sir."

The Doctor nods and continues, "Subject appears to be young adult female based on observation, relatively permeable skin similar to Amphibians, and copper based blood." he says turning up the intensity of the scanner. "Bones appear to be more flexible then other humanoid."

The Mith on the table twitches on the table as the scanner becomes more invasive. "Hands and feet seem to have extra texture to allow for better grip... probably for slippery rocks and cave spelunking. Huh?" the Doctor stops steps back from the table. "Lower lighting ninety percent please." He says to his nurse who complies. Tapping on her PADD she dims the light.

The Mith begins to glow slightly with thin strips of Bioluminescent light coming from hidden marks in the skin and face. "Subject seems adapted for near-darkness living. Eyes are.. " the doctor continues leaning over the Mith on the table, opening one of the closed eyes. "Fascinating, probably adapted to total darkness, [REDACTED] return the lights please."

The lights brighten to their previous level, smothering the bioluminescent light. "Standard cardio-vascular system, two stomachs, four lungs..." the doctor trails on. His interest waning that he's not finding anything extra-ordinary in the organ scans. "...kidneys and a liver. Nothing out of the ordinary here, moving onto the brain scan." the doctor says moving up to the head. "Confining scanning beam, display scans above subject."

Holographic lines and colors appear in the air over the Mith. All that which has been scanned on display. The nurse taps on the PADD again shifting the display to focus on the brain and nervous system.

The doctor begins to slowly sweep the scanner back and forth over the Mith's cranium who twitches more, groaning and whimpering as he continues. "Doctor [REDACTED] subject appears to be waking up, do you want to conclude the examination now and find another subject? We don't know what sedatives would work best. Our med bay isn't equipped for that kind of research." The nurse says, eyeing the Mith with a worried look.

"A few more minutes, besides this is really fascinating. Look" The doctor responds motioning to the display. "Look at the brain! I haven't seen anything like this" he says, " I haven't seen this kind of structure or development before."

The Mith's eyes slowly open as the Doctor & Nurse look up at the display, not being noticed. She tries to move but finds herself restrained. "What? Where am I? Who are you?" she weakly says trying to free herself.

The Romulans step away from the table, the translator matrix not picking up the language yet. "Get security in here! We need to stun her again!" the Romulan doctor yells to the nurse who begins to move to the wall terminal.

The Mith struggles more as they regain more control of themselves. "Release me!" they shout as the nurse taps a nearby console fully lighting the med bay and calling for security through the comms console. "We need a security team in the Med bay, subject has regained consciousness sooner than intended!" the Nurse says in the ship-wide comms.

The Mith stares directly at the nurse for a moment eyes going wide before speaking Romulan, "Release me." The nurse and doctor both freeze and stare at the now Romulan speaking Mith, "How do they know our language?" the doctor asks no one in particular. He slowly steps back towards a tray of sinister looking tools, using his hands to feel for the right one.

The nurse stands frozen at the comm console, her limbs relaxing and eyes glazing over. "They are... in my mind, I can't stop her." is the last thing the nurse says before the holographic recording stops.

MPS has deemed the rest of the recording and subsequent logs from the RSW [REDACTED] as for Mithami Planetary Security only.
1 Like