RPMMOradio: RPing in MMO's Podcast

Figure this is the place for this. I produce and created this podcast to help MMO Roleplayers, new and old, learn and discuss RP. It's meant to be entertaining, informative, and friendly (Mostly), as most RPers try to be. We've talked everything from running events, to creating characters, stories, RL issues some player deal with, ect ect.

We do it live every Saturday at 7 CST over at Twitich.tv/RPMMOradio and then put the podcast out at pretty much anywhere podcasts are downloaded or at RPMMOradio.com

While many of us are RPing in ESO (Myself included) RP stories tend to be about that (But it's a small story time Segment), but we've all RP'd from the days of Matrix Online, to EQ2, ect ect. And largely, the RP is always the same with only variations on a theme. Naturally with my RPing here in STO with you all, I'm going to have stories about that as well, plus what it is I learn that is different from other games.

In fact, one thing I'm hoping to do is have people on from different games to talk about the RP Communities. I'm hoping I can convince a couple of you to come on some time and talk about your experience in STO. If anyone is interested, feel free to let me know here or privately!

Anyway. I hope a few of you like it, I put a lot of work into this project and we're coming up on our 50th episode after a year and a half. Thanks for your time and I look forward to RPing with you!
6 Likes
I host TheDayTonight's weekly podcast, and I was a regular panelist on RPGamer's podcast back when I worked there. I've talked about RPing online in MMOs on both podcast venues, and I'd be happy to discuss it on your podcast as well, schedule permitting. For what it's worth, my experience is primarily with my WoW characters, and now STO.
2 Likes
That would be fantastic, Caspius. We do the show through Discord and as for scheduling, we're fairly easy going. Honestly, even having you talk WoW is great as well. As funny as it is, biggest MMO and all that, it's one few of us have hardly any experience RPing in!
1 Like
We use Discord as well, so I'm all set up for that. I'll PM you my Discord details and we can talk scheduling and go from there!
1 Like
I'm kinda busy this month due to a coming move, but I'd love to do a spot as well if ya like if I find time. I have been in STO RPing since 2010 and also did some RP on SWG way back. I also just enjoy podcasts and in depth discussions.
2 Likes
That's a long time in a game! Dang. I'll just put this here, it's my Discord handle Ashen Phoenix#8348 Just add me there and hopefully we can schedule a time all three of you (One PM), that'd be great. I'll get everyone on one channel and we can talk about it and see what we got!
I'll look into that.. eventually. I'm a massive discord noob cause I just plain never use it. I have once for a group thing but I had no idea what I was doing and had to be handheld, lol. I'm actually good at figuring things out I just never cared. I'll figure it out probably.
Well, no worries there. I'll help walk you through it for whatever you need help with. It is fairly intuitive but there's some things that need a bit of pointing.
1 Like
I'd possibly consider it. I've been doing tabletop RP since 2000, and spent about 5 years or so playing WoW. Been in STO for several as well.
1 Like
Alrighty. Anyone that was interested on talking about STO RP hit me up and send me a message on Discord some time soon at Ashen Phoenix#8348

I'll add us all into a group to try and find what Saturday works best for the most people. We do require that you have Discord since that is what the show is done on and I can help with audio quality as best I can as well. Thanks for everyone that showed interest. Hopefully we can show some good stuff in STO's RP community.
1 Like
I'll try to remember to dust off my discord installation and figure it out enough to do that sometime this week. I'm all moved and working again so I can make it all work now.
1 Like