RRW Tebok - Commander's Star Log

RRW Tebok
Commander’s Star Log

Commander’s Star Log, Stardate 99657

The redeployment of military forces to Tri’Vokil has, unfortunately, left many frontier worlds vulnerable to threats from within. RRF Command relayed to the Tebok this morning about a criminal cartel seizing control of New Raltok, an isolated Republic colony.

The RRW Tebok is en route to deal with these upstarts and restore order. It will also be the first mission the crew of the Tebok is truly put through its paces.

Commander’s Star Log, Supplemental

The eccentric leader of this criminal cartel holding the colony hostage, apparently, is confident whatever he possesses is enough to defeat the RRF. Commander Salil, Lieutenant Shea, and myself are preparing to prove otherwise. Further, I am rather keen on knowing about the strange energy reading identified by Lieutenant Shea. I have a sordid feeling about it.

4 Likes

RRW Tebok
Commander’s Star Log

Commander’s Star Log, Stardate 99717.2

The recent internment of a Romulan merchant vessel by Breen forces is causing a significant stir in the Senate. Many are calling for the Military to take direct, decisive action.

The RRW Tebok is being deployed near Breen territory to remedy the situation. Something feels… off about the whole situation, though. I will be informing my staff to keep careful eyes on the situation. I do not like how much pressure the Senate is placing on the RRF. Further, I am puzzled as to why the Breen would suddenly feel the need to intern a merchant vessel.

I suppose we will find out soon enough.

3 Likes

RRW Tebok
Commander’s Star Log

Commander’s Star Log, Stardate 100155.2

We have arrived in the Ka’shir system, a planet with a toxic atmosphere poisonous to most forms of animal-life. Its populace lives on a large facility in orbit of the world. Curiously, the planet does not seem to harm plant or fungal life. RRF Command sent us here after a supply freighter disappeared.

I opened contact with the vice-governor of the colony. He is a serious man. And as such, I made certain not to waste his valuable time. He was forthcoming with all of my questions. While he is perhaps temperamental, I see no reason to question his loyalty to the Nation.

The colony’s orbital facility provided us with sensor logs. They indicated a large object entered the atmosphere, consistent with a freighter. Centurion Thirteen confirmed it was the freighter. Lieutenant Shea, meanwhile, located the crash-site on the surface. The Freighter crashed beside what appears to be an old ruin.

Centurion Thirteen is under the impression the freighter’s crash was not an accident. While she ruled out the colony’s involvement, she could provide no further information. Both her and Lieutenant Shea believe the answers to this mystery lie on the surface. The crew is currently preparing an expedition onto the surface. I, meanwhile, will be speaking face to face with the governor. He so happens to be Lieutenant Shea’s father.

4 Likes

RRW Tebok
Commander’s Star Log

Commander’s Star Log, Stardate 100188.5

The conversation with the vice-governor went rather well. He is primarily interested in keeping potential conflict with Rator III away from his world. I believe that is more than agreeable.

Further, Mol’Rihan has agreed to send another shipment of supplies. This time, it will be well defended by ships from the 12th Flotilla.

Rator III’s fingerprints appear to be all over the destruction of the freighter. Further, despite the planet’s toxic atmosphere, there appears to have been a survivor from the wreckage. Preliminary evidence suggests the culprit of the freighter’s destruction was the one who survived. Footprints indicate he fled to a nearby ruin.

At this point, I suspect this culprit to be dead. However, Command will want confirmation on Rator III’s involvement. That confirmation will likely cause chaos throughout Command. But… perhaps it will get them to realize the grave threat posed to us.

In the meantime, we will also be utilizing this opportunity to learn about the ancient ruins themselves. I cannot help but wonder if these ruins somehow tie to why the atmosphere is toxic. I’ve also requested Professor Ahnar tr’Veras’ assistance in this matter. That should give my chief of sciences, Lieutenant Shea, some extra people to coordinate with once we return to the surface.

3 Likes

RRW Tebok
Commander’s Star Log

Commander’s Star Log, Stardate 100322.7

Rator III seeks to prosecute war against the Republic.

It’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when. Starfleet has proved to be supportive in these times. So much so that we have one of their intelligence officers working frequently alongside us.

But rather than sending us to watch the frontier, RRF Command is instead sending us to Vulcan. The Vulcans claim to have an urgent mission that pertains to our duties.

I respect our cousins, but I am dubious of these claims. But, we serve the Nation. We shall see what the Vulcans want…

2 Likes