“And what do you see here?”
“A Republic battlegroup over a Republic colony.”
“Over a joint colony, SubCommander. And what of this?”
“They are greeting a visiting Federation vessel.”
“Look closer. The positioning, their use of cloaking.”
“They are… intercepting a Federation vessel?”
“A curious greeting for an ally, wouldn’t you say?”
“Yes, Major. Very curious.”
“Then indulge your curiosity. Keep an eye on the proceedings and report any further curiosities to me. And SubCommander?”
“Yes, Major?”
“I do expect an officer of your station to reach some correct conclusions without my hand on her neck to guide her… Am I understood?”
“Ah, y-… yes, Major.”
“Very good… Dismissed.”

8 Likes

Rumor has it T’Pemi is up to something in the holodeck, perhaps possible occult rituals. She’s been seen crossing the Prominade wearing black hooded robes and a metal cylinder long enough to be held in two hands clipped to her waist. Some have said they’ve even seen her wearing what appears to be makeup making her skin paler than normal and even a yellow-orange tinge to her eyes.

5 Likes

Rumor has it LCDR Valore has secured a seat on the events planning committee and is now seeking to expand karaoke night.

The Adjutant’s spite for the Rear Admiral is an unlimited and renewable resource.

10 Likes

Rumor has it that Ven was spotted in civilian attire being led to the docking collar flanked on either side by two Romulan security members…

5 Likes
DS-13, Replimat

“Oh, hey there little fella. You lost?”
“Negative.”
PROPHETS, I… I mean, it’s… you.”
“Correct: I am me.”
“Well, uh… What can I do for you, little guy?”
“I desire seasonal attire.”
“…Like a bathing suit?”
“I am uncertain.”
“Hmm… In that case, I guess let’s just start you off with a shirt.”
“This is acceptable.”

9 Likes

((Takes place immediately after: Back in the Saddle - #5 by Maikull))

A clinical nurse enters Commander Roptojmey’s office as requested and knocks on the frame to his door.

[ENS] Nurse: “You called for me sir?”

[CMDR] Roptojmey: Looking up from his screen, “Ahh! Yes!” he said, motioning for her to enter. He reached across his table and withdrew a Tricorder from one of the shelves. “Take this and space the damn thing.” He said tossing it to her.

[ENS] Nurse: The Nurse haphazardly catches the Tricorder in the air and holds it close to her with a confused look on her face. “Is there something wrong with it sir? I could have engineering run a diagnostic—” she tried to say.

[CMDR] Roptojmey: He stands as he gets ready to leave, “Nope, damn thing is FUBAR. I got to head to the bridge here in a second or I’d do it myself. Shoot it, smash it, send it into Space, I don’t care just get rid of it.” He said with a smile as he walked past her, and out into the hall towards the turbo-lift.

[ENS] Nurse: Highly confused, she nurse stands there for a moment flipping the Tricorder over trying to see what was wrong with it that would cause the CMO to order its destruction. After a moment of exterior observation, she flipped the Tricorder Open, and upon seeing what lay on the Main Screen, she gasped and nearly dropped the Tricorder. Snapping it shut, she held it close to her chest, as if it were a child in danger and looked around the Sick-bay. With no one paying attention, she darted out into the hall to find the nearest de-molecularizing receptacle .

Tricorder Display

3 Likes

Rumor has it Adelaide Murphy and Swifty Gaal are selling chewing tobacco for the upcoming fleet’s Risa Baseball Tournament. Head to Event Horizon and ask ‘How do you get to flavor country?’

Next week: Rumor has it Swifty will be offering discounts on his back alley teeth-whitening services.

4 Likes
DS-13, Event Horizon Lounge Storage Room

“ROMAK, BE GETTING YOUR SMELLY DRY LEAF TAR OUT OF YIRA’S STOREROOM!”

5 Likes

The Argo party has landed on Risa.

Rumor has it that the resort’s local nail salon played host to a pair of officers and one prominent civilian on the evening of their arrival. Evidently the affair was a little more raucous than is typical, with one fleeing early with only her pedicure done. The other pair lingered 'til the job was fully finished.

6 Likes

Rumor has it Valore has already purchased equipment and acquired headliners for the coming Risa music night. The Adjutant seems devoted to a positive Risa shore leave.

If only Admiral Bishop had said he was against galactic peace.

9 Likes

Rumor has it Security personnel on Risa was seen investigating a pack with viridescent colored blood nearby late into the night on a trail leading back to the private Bungalows.

6 Likes
Not This Again

“Ma’am, we’re going to need a sample of your DNA.”

“I see. For what purpose?”

“It’s an ongoing investigation, Ma’am. We can’t discuss the details. If you could please give us a piece of your hair-”

“No.”

“Ma’am, you’re obstructing a lawful investigation. Just do us a favor and do as we say.”

“Is that a command?”

“Ma’am, it’s part of an active investigation. We need you to-”

“Is. That. A. Command?”

“Like I’m trying to explain, ma’am, we need you to-”

“I am closing this door now.”

“Ma’am, you don’t want us to get a warrant. It’d be a lot easier if you just coopera-”

“Officer. Remove your hand or lose it. This door is about to close. The desires of the Risian police force are of no concern to me.”

“Alright, alright! We’ll just make a request of your fleet. We just didn’t want to get you in trouble. You know how it can be and we wouldn’t want to send a letter telling your CO you haven’t been cooperative. If you’d just work with us, we’re trying to help you.”

“Yes, yes. A records request that will take seven to ten business days to be processed by the Admiralty Office, by which point the shore leave will have concluded and the entire process would have been pointless. Good night.”

The door slams.

11 Likes
Don't these people have a hobby?

“Ms. Valore, Risa Police, open up! We need your DNA!”

Valore sat on a sofa by the fireplace, turning a page in a particularly thick novel titled ‘The neo-monetary application to the sovereign wealth fund: a recursive revenue?’

“Ms. Valore! Open up! We have questions for you! Were you on this planet on stardate 98531.3!?”

“Their yelling is making it difficult to read. And now I have migraine.”

They pounded on the door. “It’ll only get worse for you if we have to get a warrant!”

“For the love of logic and reason - Alina, do not open that door. For the first time in three years, I am having a remotely agreeable vacation. I will -not- have it ruined by imbeciles and fools!”

10 Likes

Rumour has it that screams were heard from Ayesha’s quarters when she got back from the station.

Apparently, the Captain’s Yacht on the Endeavour is also undergoing slight modifications.

2 Likes
Cabin 0127

Prr-rrr, prr-rrr, prr-rrr… Additional network node detected.”
“Hhhwhu… Y’say somethin’ Duo?”
Prr-rrr, prr-rrr, prr-rrr…”
“Hmph… weird cat…”

3 Likes

From the publisher that brought you the fun of Toby the Targ, the drama of Photons Be Free, and the intrigue of Dixon Hill, Broht & Forrester is proud to present this summer’s bestseller: Kirina, the incredible true story of notorious fugitive Kirina t’Nalah. This autobiographical account transports you into a world of Tal Shiar laboratories, Klingon prisons, Iconian servitors, and plots to change history as you travel through stories of triumph, redemption, love, desperation, and tragedy.

Rumor has it that both the Romulan Republic and the Klingon Empire have objected to Kirina’s publishing with the included attachments, citing unauthorized release of classified information. The Romulan Star Empire, on the other hand, has completely banned the publication. While reliable information from within the remnant state is hard to come by, the occasional story is told of someone who got their hands on the book and then seemed to forget that it had ever existed – if they didn’t simply disappear.

The scientific and medical communities, on the other hand, seem to be taking the book’s attachments rather more studiously. A number of prominent subject matter experts have gone on record either discussing the practical applications of some of the released breakthroughs, or expressing concern over the implications of that kind of information being so publicly available.

Some groups are taking the release particularly hard. Some survivors of the Doza IV massacre and others in nearby Aldebaran are calling for Starfleet to renew the investigation into Kirina and the Mandukar faction, and in particular for Broht & Forrester to cooperate with authorities in the effort to apprehend the fugitives still at large. The publishing company has thus far refused to release current any information about the eponymous author.

7 Likes

Rumour has it that the Endeavour senior command trio were cramming ship battle theory all day before the wargames…

((posted with eunha’s permission))

5 Likes

Rumor has it that after the wargames, the U.S.S. Scharnhorst put into drydock for “undisclosed” repairs. Cpt. Trellain was spotted afterwards at the starlight cantina burying herself in glasses of iced tea and bowls of ice cream. Those close enough to listen reported her crying, “look what they did to her!”

3 Likes

Word is Mitsuki Rumiho was flying the Endeavour during the war games… but was personally rather disinterested in the entire concept of simulated battle and only was on duty because it was her scheduled duty shift. She claims she wasn’t really putting that much effort into ‘fake flying.’

Her ship apparently won though.

6 Likes

Rumor has it that Commander Maikull Barron and Commander Jessie Stern eloped on a secret get-away to Betazed just before the wargames. Sources with Administration Offices say Jessie has changed her name to Barron-Stern (or just Barron for short).

4 Likes