Stardate 94275.4
Security Level 1: Open
TO CAPT Thiessen
CC --
FROM CMDR Caspius
SUBJ. Scheduled Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Sir,

This communique is to notify you, in case you have missed the notation in the duty roster, that I have a brief period of scheduled leave to allow me to travel to Earth to be present for one day of the CITE (Council on Interspecies Technological Exchange) Conference.

The CITE conference is an annual diplomatic conference being held (this year) in Paris. My father is giving a paper, and he has been insistent about my attendance, in person. He believes that it may have some relevance to my duties here on Deep Space 13 and, given our recent discussions with several alien species about restrictions on the sharing of our technology, he may be right.

Unrelated to this request, I will be sending LCDR Kermit to Talos Junction for the next several days, as he has not yet served a rotation on the duty shift there, and he should familiarise himself with the post and its operations sooner, rather than later.

//SIGNED//
Commander Caspius
Executive Officer, Deep Space 13
8 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 94276.4

TO CMDR Caspius
FROM CAPT Thiessen
SUBJ RE: Scheduled Leave
4OB3P0J.png

Commander,

I did indeed notice that on the roster! Have a safe trip and try to enjoy yourself. It seems like that conference has potential to be very intellectually engaging.

Say hi to your father for me, please. I look forward to the next time we get to share a glass of kali'fal, and I hope all goes well for his paper.

As for Kermit ... that makes sense. I'm sure it's completely unrelated. Tyenne will give him a great welcome - she's a fun lady.

Have a good time, Caspius.

//SIGNED//

Captain Tau Thiessen
Commanding Officer, Deep Space Thirteen
3 Likes