SFK Rank System (New)

Change in Rank

Given recent information about the next expansion, I felt it necessary to address ranks and titles.

Firstly, Fleet ranks. The ranks of Battle Captain, Major, and Commandant were made up by us as filler for SFK as not many ranks have really been heard on screen for Klingons. These will be changing; the new list of ranks is as follows:

Recruit-Reservist (No change)
Captain (No change)
Battle Captain (No change/used to denote senior-battle hardened Captains of the fleet)
Colonel (Previously Major, the rank of Col. Was heard in ST:VI)
Brigadier (Previously Col. The rank of Brigadier was heard in ST:VI)
Lt. General (Previously Commandant. Will now denote SFK XO)
Command General (No change)

I feel this re-naming of ranks is more in line with what is known about Klingons. I will wait to make these changes should anyone want to offer up their own opinion on these Fleet ranks.
Remember: Fleet rank is what you are recognized as in-game during RP.

As for in-game titles used, we will be adopting something similar to what TFA uses. As the game will allow us to now be promoted to the rank of full General and even Dahar Master. The full rank of General will be reserved for the Command General only, just as how no one in TFA can be above the rank of Captain no one in SFK can be a General with the exception of the Fleet leader (and now also the fleet XO as Lt. General). Players in the position of Brigadier are encouraged to use the title Brigadier General but may substitute it for an accolade if they feel it more appropriate for their character. There is nothing for titles as far as Battle Captain is concerned but the title Captain would work best. The same is true for Colonel but there is no equivalent to that. For the title usage for players at the rank of Colonel, you will have to use your best judgment. Hopefully players have acquired an accolade title that fits and isn’t to obtuse/non-serious (torpedo target, etc.)

As for the upcoming title/rank of Dahar Master, this title will be reserved for Klingon players only, unless a non-Klingon can come up with a great reason why the Empire would bestow a Klingon title on them. However, further rules will come about for us to allow the use of the Dahar Master title (I’m assuming it becomes a title as it will be a rank). We may hold a vote after a player meets X amount of accolade points or whatever. This will only happen every few months (time can change) so as to not flood SFK with Dahar Masters. This is a title that could be used for any rank, as it is an honorary title given to warriors who have truly proven themselves through a lifetime of service.

Until otherwise stated, just like TFA’s Admiral rank, no player will be using the Dahar Master title as well as the General and Lt. General title.

As this mostly applies to actual members of the KDF, members of the Gorn military who are not officially in the KDF, Orions, and Romulans should continue to use their rank/titles earned provided they do not exceed their in-fleet/RP rank.

I will open this to discussion for an undecided period of time.
Alright, so for my own sanity, I threw together a comparison with the TFA structure. Is this pretty much accurate?

TFA RankSFK RankDescription (My guess!)
Commanding Officer (Commodore)Command GeneralTop Guy
Executive OfficerLieutenant General2IC
Department HeadBrigadierAdmin?
No Equivalent?ColonelLesser Admin?
Decorated OfficerBattle CaptainLong Time Member
OfficerCaptainRegular Member
RecruitRecruit-ReservistNew Member

Unless I'm misunderstanding that would mean that, like TFA, the "Fleet Rank" (shown above) is separate from military rank (Lieutenant, Commander, etc.), at least at the lower levels?
2 Likes
That is pretty much right on actually.
1 Like
Looks good to me.
I failed to mention that players can still RP a rank less than Captain if they wish. Nothing is stopping that. This is one of the very few instances where your fleet rank is not reflected in your RP as we will not hold someone down in fleet progression just because they want to RP as a Lt.Cmdr
1 Like
As there has been no further input on this, I am making it so.