Squadron Changes

To: <38th/Commanding Officers>
CC: @38th.Command
Subj: Squadron Changes

ALCON,

Effective stardate 97009.2, all ships will be reassigned into one of five squadrons. These squadrons will each have a broad mission profile which the ships assigned will work towards. Please note that unlike previous squadron frameworks, there will be no squadron leaders in this setting; all orders will be passed down to ships through fleet command.

Squadron assignments are not static and command officers may request a transfer if they believe that they would be able to more effectively work in a different capacity.

Please direct any questions to the fleet command office.

Taurus

Taurus squadron will be placed on general defensive patrols. They will continue to patrol the area under 38th Fleet operational area. The majority of the fleet will be assigned to this squadron.

Aries

Aries squadron will be our vanguard squadron, focused on reconnaissance, tactical engagements, and space security.

Gemini

Gemini squadron will be our dedicated exploration squadron. They will be focused on exploration duties in and around the 38th's area of operations.

Libra

Libra squadron will be a dedicated scientific squadron. They will often follow up areas charted by Gemini squadron, as well as engaging in their own scientific missions.

Sagittarius

Sagittarius squadron will be dedicated to fleet support and engineering. Missions that the Sagittarius squadron will be undertaking include colony supply, out of port ship repairs, and search and rescue.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Captain Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

OOC This is a slight change in how ships are organised. As written above, there are five squads and I’ve pencilled any ship on the roster to the squads automatically.

Taurus squad is the default squad for any player captain. There are no restrictions IC or OOCly in what your ships will do. The other squadrons have a more specific mission profile that should aid RP hooks and events. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNLESS THE GM SPECIFIES OTHERWISE, THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY LIMITATIONS AS TO WHICH SHIPS CAN PARTICIPATE IN EVENTS.

Aries squadron is designed to be more of a player crew squadron, although this is not a hard and fast rule. Aries squad, though aimed to be for more tactical ships, have more autonomy to allow for the GM of the player crew to have the freedom necessary for any mission they want to run with their ship.

The other three squadrons have more specific mission profiles to focus their RP in those directions. Fleet command (currently me), will be giving missions to captains that will focus on their squadron profiles. I will also be following up on AAR recommendations and giving missions to ships in squadrons based on those. I will be aiming to give at least one squadron one event once a month, RL depending.

If you want to be included in these RP hooks, let me know and I will move you into one of the other squadrons. Alternatively, if you don’t want to be included in these RP hooks, let me know and I will move you to Taurus squadron.

If you have any questions, let me know.

10 Likes