Star Citizen

If there are any other Star Citizen folks out there I'm always looking for more crew on the Hammerhead. :x This is the ship that made the Stanton run in less than 12 parsecs. I got 6 turrets, a Co-Pilot seat and three (currently) pointless Engineers stations that need filled.

3.7.0 is an excellent patch too.

7sM3SxR.png

((cant believe there hasn't been a Star Citizen thread yet))
1 Like
I'm looking for passage to Alderaan. I'm hoping to avoid... any imperial entanglements.
1 Like
My self, Valore, Two MACOS and no questions asked.
1 Like
Speaking of MACOs... I too have Star Citizen and Jayne Mason is present should there be desire to do things!
1 Like
I have SC but haven't tried booting it up in a couple years. Did they make a game out of it?
2 Likes
I have SC and a Freelancer Dur
wrote:
I have SC but haven't tried booting it up in a couple years. Did they make a game out of it?

It's a game in the sense that its playable and what's there is a lot of fun but there is still a lot to do and a lot of key features on the roadmap. It's still a little bit of a grind but becoming less terrible. The endgame right now is probably technically space barbie.

Some of the most notable changes since, well even the beginning of the year are the addition of two new planets. Changes to flight models and how your character moves on the ground. Changes to AI behavior on the ground and in space. It feels a lot more organic.

More recently (3.7.0) they added FPS mining, ground caves full of ore ripe for the picking. Various bushes and shrubs around are full of harvestables on planet surfaces.

If you havent checked up on it recently it might be worth seeing what's new.
wrote:
It's a game in the sense that

Always a good sign when you have to qualify what "game" means :d

I'm downloading it now, interested to see what's new and if I can figure out how to pilot my ship this time.
1 Like
:d I love Star Citizen but as long as it's in it's perpetual dev hell it is a little hard to call it a game.

Besides, it's an experience.
1 Like
But so, basically, does it work or not?
1 Like
wrote:
But so, basically, does it work or not?

It does!

As a side note: There is a free fly event coming up (rumor has it)10/28 until the end of the week. If anyone wants to try out Star Citizen that's the perfect time to do so as it won't cost a dime! I'll bump here when it's properly announced.
1 Like
That's an amazing news! Thank you!
... I have a pitiful mustang beta. It rattles when you accelerate.
I guarantee it’s fancier than my Aurora.

I gave it a try but bounced off pretty hard. In addition to being buggy and unpolished, the basic mechanics of interaction are really unfun to me. The whole F-key mode is just cumbersome and awkward as hell.

I managed over the course of three play sessions to figure out how to collect my ship, take off, fly around a bit and (despite the map view being bugged) travel to a planet and land. After that, I kind of felt like I was done. I’m sure there’s plenty more to do but nothing I’d done so far felt mechanically satisfying or interesting. It’s obvious from playing it why they’re still calling this an alpha after all this time.

I hope other people have fun with it and get their money’s worth eventually. After this try, I think I’m ready to close the book on this game. I just don’t see any sign of the game I imagined 7 years ago in this. It’s surprising that they haven’t accomplished more, but more damning than that is that the core gameplay they have implemented just feels so bad in practice.
1 Like
There is 100% a steep learning and relearning curve as they've swapped around and tweaked flight controls and keybinds. I won't deny there aren't some bugs, there are. Some places there are quite a few but the amount of game breaking bugs is at an all time low. I joined the bandwagon fairly late in early 2018. I won't deny that vision has changed, but it's still inline with what I feel I was told and sold on last year. Any longer ago than that and yeah. It's definitely a different game. Feature creep and 'now that we did x, we can do y.' is a very real thing in Star Citizen.

One of the upcoming changes is remodeling the spawn location, something that doesn't need to be done but they feel will add to the universe. It's things like that.

I really am glad you gave it another shot and sad to see that it may be the book end. I can only hope a sequel is written when development is even further along and you give it another shot. I think when the game is more of a game or at least out of alpha it will be worth a good time sink.

--

I said I would bump the thread when news was more available for the free fly event. It does look like it's starting today and they're giving you the option to choose 5 different ships to check out. If you think you might have the idea of trying freight shipping out I would recommend the Drake Cutlass as you get the most bang for your in game buck but please do pick what you think you might be interested in based on the descriptions (or ship stats on the pledge store)

There's also this handy starting guide from Reddit or I'm usually on discord and am free to give tips, fly with, whatever.
2 Likes
Having pledged wayyyyy back in 2013 I can say the game has changed.

I remember when Elite Dangerous came out and it was billed as Star Citizen lite.

Star citizen still has a lot of potential. I admit I dislike the quantum travel mechanism (being used to Elite Dangerous and the ability to fly around a system freely).

So I will still keep an eye on the project and keep popping in to play on occasion. Hoping the game will fulfil the hope it has
1 Like
I grabbed a freighter pretty early on when the game first went up crowdfunding, Constellation or something I think. It's a game I really enjoy casually with my friends, weirdly. Due to the character wipes/restarts, the bugs encountered with many of the "missions" and postmaster runs, I always go into it just wanting a mess about on a ship with a crew assuming no real progress will be made - two on the guns, one flying, one managing cargo and co piloting the power stats. It's fun, and the exploration and running into someone is actually scary - I view it like Arma, you automatically RP encounters with everyone even if you don't realise it.

I like this game, and have wanted it to just be ... what it can be for a long while now, but I have limited hopes.
Free fly event week for Star Citizen coming up! It you want to see where the game is at without paying anything this is one of the weeks for you!

May 22nd to Jun 1st
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17599-Invictus-Launch-Week-Guide

I'm available most nights after Gamma +2, so if you do free fly and want to fly with a Konie just let me know!
2 Likes
I will turn off your primary ship power.
Thank for the info, Konie :) Maybe I'll give it a try....