Starbase Change of Command

AKas0II.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO 38th/All

SUBJ Starbase Change of Command
BH1Pd8X.png

Argo,

As the subject of this message indicates the Starbase will be undergoing a change of command. Captain Caspius has accepted a transfer to Earth and associated promotion to Rear Admiral Lower Half. Upon his arrival and promotion the new Admiral will be assuming the Directorship of Starfleet Cartography. His transfer is going to be impactful for all of us here on Deep Space 13 and the greater fleet.

The Captain has been a constant presence with the 38th Fleet for close to three years. From his original transfer into our operations department to assuming command of the station the Captain has been a steadfast officer: holding himself and his subordinates to the highest standards. Those exacting standards have served us well through several crises. His presence will be missed.

The process of selecting a new commanding officer has been ongoing for the past few weeks. Command has narrowed the list down and is in the final stages of selection. All candidates at this stage are highly qualified command officers with exceptional service records and a wealth of experience. When our decision is finalized, we will announce the choice to the fleet.

Please direct any questions to 38th Command.

//SIGNED//
Vice Admiral Enzian Amiri
Commanding Officer, 38th Fleet
11 Likes
AKas0II.png
Security Level 1 - Open

TO 38th/All

SUBJ Starbase Change of Command
BH1Pd8X.png

Argo,

With a period of leave rapidly upon us Fleet Command has made it a priority to ensure the transition between starbase commanders is carried out in the most efficient manner. With that in mind, we have concluded our selection process and have designated Captain Beylara Ailes as the new Commanding Officer of Deep Space 13. Captain Ailes will be spending the next week working with Captain Caspius and the starbase’s senior officers. A change of command ceremony is being scheduled with a more precise date to follow shortly.

//SIGNED//
Vice Admiral Enzian Amiri
Commanding Officer, 38th Fleet
14 Likes
BH1Pd8X.png
Stardate 95566.2
Security Level 1: Open
TO 38th/All
CC --
FROM CAPT Caspius
SUBJ. Starbase Change of Command
4OB3P0J.png

Officers and Crew of the 38th Fleet,

In advance of my transfer from the 38th Fleet, I have some concluding words to address to you all.

Over the past three and a half years, I have faced down challenges of the greatest magnitude with you, have experienced life and death with you, have striven against threats old and new, and have come through it profoundly changed, for the better, by the experience of serving alongside you all.

We have faced stembolt oversupply and holographic fireplace vandalism; we have contended with terrorist assassinations and treacherous admirals; and we have recovered from the destruction of Deep Space 13 itself. Through it all, we have persevered through unswerving confidence that, together, we would overcome any obstacle. And with our dedication we have proved the truth of our convictions.

Whenever I send orders to 38th Fleet Command to provide for the mapping of a star cluster, the charting of a nebula, or to establish data for a planetary system, I will reflect back on the time we have spent together, and the privilege it has been to work with people of such competence and integrity. You are the pride of Starfleet.

Whether as your colleague or commander, fellow officer or friend, I salute you. May you each live long and prosper.

//SIGNED//
Captain Caspius
Starbase Commander, Deep Space 13
7 Likes