POSTED IN /SF/ENG/
SUBJ A Little Friendly Competition
POSTED 96128.7
Lt. Cmdr. Saun J. Brex
WJNscp2.png
U.S.S. Brindisi,
Chief Engineer
Hello, fellow Engineers!

After recently reporting a warp core intermix phase differential of 0.0013 Angstroms from alignment, my team and I have been tasked with the insurmountable bane of many an Engineer, acquiring a lower value of under 0.001 Angstroms from alignment. While such a value would be achievable, as you will be aware the difficulties come from maintaining that value.

The Brindisi has been equipped with a Class 8 warp core, whilst it's not the most up to date, we have managed to work around many of the technical limitations of the ageing design and I believe our reactor could stand up with many of the more recent designs, this does present a few limitations on what we can do to achieve our goal.

So where's the friendly competition? I'd be interested to know what alignment values you've achieved, in particular if you're working on a Class 8 reactor yourselves. Also I'd be very interested in what ideas you may have to further bring phase differentials to alignment.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Saun Brex
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Brindisi
7 Likes
Public Subspace Network Channel

POSTED IN /SF/ENG/
POSTED 96400.0
Lt. Cmdr. Saun J. Brex
WJNscp2.png
U.S.S. Brindisi,
Chief Engineer
I don't suppose anybody has been able to provide an update on this?

In recent times I have tried an optimised recrystallization method, which has helped slightly but still not enough. There was a downside which leads to increased trilithium build up, and interestingly enough, Tellurium-123 as well, though this may have been a byproduct of the recrystallization process.

For those interested, the recrystallization process in question requires the running of impulse generators at low power with the express purpose of producing Xenon-128, filling the M/ARC chamber with this and initiating a single phase anti-dueterium stream with 2:1 Xenon-128 ratio.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Saun Brex
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Brindisi
1 Like
Public Subspace Network Channel

POSTED IN /SF/ENG/
POSTED 96400.0
Lt. Cmdr. Wimini Zolwink
WwA5bpY.png
U.S.S. Brahe,
Chief Engineer
While the Brahe only has Ceries F-Type Mark IV, I've been able to achieve Mark VII benchmarks through careful power balancing and modification of the warp field's shape at various speeds.

Too many engineers are fixated on replacing existing hardware with newer, bloated designs when a more elegant, mindful approach to older hardware will do.

And you can manage your trilithium buildup by shunting those molecules as fuel for your impulse reactor.

Probably.

Maybe.

It might explode.

You should run some simulations.

As for alignment values, the Brahe currently operates at 0.000975 Angstroms (±0.000035 Angstroms). Really, this comes down to careful micro-tuning and ensuring the entire intermix chamber and its incoming/outgoing relays are carefully calibrated. It also helps if you can acquire some newer intermix senors. Despite being easier to break, they tend to be more accurate which will help keep the stream aligned.

Keep in mind that intermix values can fluctuate at extreme speeds, so a constant >0.001 is impractical; look instead at a longitudinal average.

//SIGNED//
Lieutenant Commander Wimini Zolwink
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Brahe
1 Like