SUBJ: Lay The Ghosts To Rest: Our asset has gone missing... again.

To: CMDR Nathes i-Chaltok t’Velal @Garak234
Subj: Our asset has gone missing… again.

Shaoi dan,
Commander, let me begin this letter by saying that you have brought the greatest of honor to your house in the name of the Republic. Your devotion, dedication, and loyalty is above reproach. You have made great allies with members of Starfleet, in particular, their Khaiell Rhadai. For this reason I have decided to request discrete assistance in a delicate matter.

I would be more embarrassed to admit what I’m about to tell you except in consideration of Evoch Khaiell Rhadai’s abilities to escape, evade, and hide being legendary, I’m more aggravated than anything. Evoch is missing. He has disappeared without a trace or so much as a note to say when he’ll return as usual, and while he does this quite often, returning a few days later on his own accord with either gifts of brandy, Earth chocolates, etc… and a mischievous grin on his face, this time he has been gone for a longer period of time than usual.

He of course left no clues or anything being the slippery eel that he is, just a cached search of transport departures to Federation Space, which has me thinking he may be trying to make contact with his sister, Lieutenant Ansha Wind-People of Starfleet. Despite being able to send messages, and even request a visit authorization, he has decided to take a more action oriented approach that flaunts his blatant disregard for the rules that he agreed to in order to not be terminated on the spot.

I would go to LT Ansha directly or rather LT Ansha’s chain of command, but we are wanting to keep this silent. It is rather distressing and embarrassing that our asset has a tendency to wander off at it’s leisure, worse yet not come back this time. Perhaps a subtle question asked of Lieutenant on how her family is doing without being too specific might yield a coin from the miser’s purse as they say.

To be honest, I do not, and will not trust Evoch. The damage he did before turning to us plus his so-called charming demeanor makes me suspect everything he says or does as having an ulterior motive. That said, apprehend please. I cannot, despite my desire to state otherwise, authorize an immediate execution. Of course accidents do happen, right?

Glory to the Republic.

//SIGNED//
Urellh s’Ehweia
Sub-Minister,
State Affairs.

1 Like

To: Sub-Minister Urellh s’Ehweia
Subj: RE: Aodh’mnean

Jolan’tru,

The regulations of the Romulan Republic, the Romulan Republican Force, and Romulan Intelligence are written in blood.

Understand my next words plainly, all while remembering oaths that are soaked in the blood of our brothers and sisters.

I refuse.

To us, ourselves.
To tyrants, death.
To the Republic, glory.
And to mysterious ministers, fuck off.

Signed,

CDR Nathes

8 Likes

To: CMDR Nathes i-Chaltok t’Velal (@Garak234 )
CC:
Subj: RE: Our asset has gone missing… again.

Shaoi dan,

Commander, there is no reason for that language. We are both on the Republic’s side. You fight one way, and I, another. That said, I will take your discourteous
response in stride as I understand you are a military leader, and in that, quite busy.

We need Evoch back here immediately. No doubt, if you have heard there has been a series of high profile murders. I have been keeping hush on Evoch’s escape, but people, not just the common folk, but higher ranking members of government are starting to ask questions. Further complicating this is that the three high profile deaths that occurred, happened as he hypothetically said they should. I assure you, though I would love to have you eject him into a nearby star and that would solve everything, I am worried that something else, something worse is afoot.

Please at least tell me, he is in your custody. Whether he is responsible for these assassinations or not, we have to find him if he is not in your custody. I pray he is. If so, please bring him here? I cannot force you to do anything, or so I’ve been told, but for his own good he needs to be in official custody.

At least let me know you have him. If you don’t, I then ask you to see if his sister, Lieutenant Ansha Wind-People on board the USS Dragon (I think I read reports that you have actually talked to or at least know of this other Khaiell Rhadai), if she has heard from him lately.

Thank you.

Jolan’tru.

//SIGNED//
Urellh s’Ehweia
Sub-Minister,
State Affairs.

//ATTACHMENT// filename.ext

2 Likes