SUBJ: Starship Decomission Request

To: RADM Bishop (@Sam)
CC: LCDR Valore, LCDR Carter(@siskofan1991)
Subj: Starship Decommission Request

Sir,

As we have briefly discussed during our meeting upon my return from the exploration mission, I have had a full inspection done to the USS Ajilon by both my Chief Engineer and Lieutenant Commander Carter. Results are attached to this message but both independent reports are in concurrence. In summery, the Ajilon is on his last legs sir. It is a fluke that he has somehow managed to last this long and this last mission is as much as the venerable starship can provide. Operating him any further will start to become a detriment to both the crew and fleet readiness, and the increase drain on resources in keeping him operational.

I am formally requesting the USS Ajilon to be decommissioned. Either to be moth-balled (yet again) or scrapped to provided much needed resources else where, will be a decision by the fleet engineers or higher.

I did not think on this lightly and I am making this request with a heavy heart. The Ajilon has been a fine vessel and served Starfleet with dignity during his many long years.

//SIGNED//
Commander Na’Toth Saleen
Commanding Officer,
USS Ajilon

//ATTACHMENT// Ship Readiness Report
//ATTACHMENT// Chief Engineer’s Report

OOC If this is approved, I do plan on making an event for the decommissioning ceremony. To add a little variety to the RP.

7 Likes

To: VADM Aluk
CC: ~~
Subj: FW: Starship Decommission Request

Admiral,

From reading reports, and speaking with the Captain, I have deemed the ship to be unfit for service and believe it is a candidate for decommissioning.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

//SIGNED//
Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Samuel Bishop, PhD
Executive Officer, 38th Fleet ‘Argo’

5 Likes

To: RDML Bishop
Subj: Starship Decommission Request

Admiral Bishop,

I concur. Proceed as requested.

//SIGNED//
Vice Admiral Aluk
Commanding Officer,