Telepathic Communication Experiment

Stardate:
Filed By:
ENS Thyzee
Clearance:

After Action Report

LOCATION Deep Space 13, Deck 30, section 35-baker

MISSION Attempt at inducing emotion in partially cybernetic individual.

OUTCOME Attempt successful.

KEY PERSONNEL

• Ensign Thyzee
  • Lieutenant Max

NARRATIVE Due to the mostly positronic nature of Lieutenant Max’s brain, and the presence of several Borg implants, he is mostly incapable of emotion. Only noted instance was in reaction to the presence of a recently liberated Borg Drone.

Normal telepathic connection was deemed impossible, due to reduced psychic presence brought on by extensive cybernetics. The use of a psionic focus (Haliian Canar) facilitated a successful connection. Subject introduced to excitement, which was felt, to a visible and auditory degree. Next, passion for interests was introduced. Subject noted he had felt this previously. Telepathic connection was halted pending further study.

Through the use of a neural monitor, it was discovered that the subject is indeed capable of minimal levels of emotion. However, the presence of a Borg implant normally filters out such responses due to ‘irrelevance’. It is currently unknown as to why telepathically shared emotion bypassed this filter.

RECOMMENDATION It is heavily advised that future telepathic communication with Lieutenant Max be rescinded unless under controlled or emergency circumstances.

OOC My first ever report. Suggestions and/or constructive criticism is accepted.

6 Likes
Stardate:
Filed By:
LTJG Max
Clearance:

After Action Report

LOCATIONDeep Space 13, Deck 30, Max’s quarters.

MISSION Diagnostic review after the physic experiment with Ensign Thyzee.

OUTCOME New data that was not discovered during the initial testing phase was uncovered.

NARRATIVE After conducting a full level 1 diagnostic cycle following the experiment involving Ensign Thyzee’s attempt to telepathically communicate emotions to me I uncovered two new sets of data. The first was a diversion in my 4th cognitive processor’s computing power to the primary pathway junction. The second was a low amount of damage along my neural pathways resulting from the invasive and unorthodox nature of the communication between Ensign Thyzee and myself. After speaking with the Ensign it was determined that I should submit the new data in conjunction to her original report. At this time neither I nor the ensign was able to determent what the data means relative to my overall function or abilities.

3 Likes