The Address of Renewal - Ooog of Zantaar

It has been almost one hundred carlecs since the planet strike. In the time before, we were a prosperous people; we number in the tens of millions. We had culture and art, we built things, we explored our world, we wished to know everything, and we wished to pass that knowledge through our packs to our pups. We were whole then, and we only saw the future for the limitless possibilities it offered us.

And then we saw Zantaar IV grow larger in our skies, many feared the worst, but only the few did anything to prevent extinction. We are the children of the few, their legacy. They toiled to dig, so that we might survive and flourish and once again become a prosperous people. And it was the few, the ones who believed in that future, who first told us of the Godship. Many didn’t believe, and many gave up hope, and many died. They died because they forgot that hope is the most important part of life. It lives in the soul; it fills the heart, and gives the mind permission to dream.

But hope alone is not enough to survive; it takes hard work, unity of purpose and people willing to do the hard things, to make the hard choices. The few were these sorts of people, they did what they felt they had to make a place for us on a dying world and tried to instill in us that same ethic. It is our job now not to lose hope, or place it falsely, but to pass it down as the few passed it down, to a new generation of Zantaari, a new pack.

Many of you have heard and talked about the people who have brought us here, who have given us shelter and tended to our sick. We must come to a difficult realization, but one that will set us free. I know they came as the stories said they would, in ships that travel between stars, with energies and tools we have no understanding of, but these are not the Godmen. I can assure you all today that they are people, as we are, despite their futuristic ways and appearance and manner. I have spoken with them, learned the truth of them, and come to understand them.

These are not the people who came and took our people away, though some look as those others did. They only wish to help, but like the few, they know that if we are to survive, it is us who must do the hardest of the work ourselves. They have pledge to help us find our lost, if they can, but we must be prepared for a future without those we miss. They’ve pledged to help us find some sort of new existence, a new home, but we must be willing adapt and make it work. We can no longer hide beneath the surface, but rise up and claim life as Zataari always have.

We’ve spent nearly one hundred carlecs waiting for a savior, a people to free us from extinction and give us renewed hope. Well look around, my friends, because we are the people we’ve been waiting for, no one else can do this for us. What we couldn’t understand until now, was that it was always us. From the many came the few, and from the few came us, but now we will once again create the many. That means we can no longer rely on the ways things were from the underground, we must change, and we will change. No longer victims of the cosmic fates, we are the rulers of our own destinies, from this day forward.

I can see in the eyes of some of you, and hear the murmurs other others that you might feel these are simply words. Words without deeds are useless, so I will act first to set the example. We will reform our culture as it once was, and give the people a say in how we will proceed forward. There will be an election for a governing council, no one person can be allowed to rule as I have, not any more. It is time to step up and show our pups that we are ready to give them hope again.
8 Likes