The Badmiral List

So this started out as somewhat of a joke, but as I thought about it, why don't we try and list every Bad Admiral we have seen in Star Trek? Feel free to debate/move them around in your own list, or even add someone I forgot about!

The Bad
Cartwright
Ross
Pressman
Marcus
Leyton
Mark Jameson
Kennelly
Satie
Dougherty

The Questionable
Decker
Kirk
Alternate Timeline Janeway
Cornwell
Nechayev
2 Likes
inb4 Konie
2 Likes
Ross isn't a Badmiral!

Badmirals betray Starfleet ideals. What Ross did was questionable, but it was much better than what SISKO did. Ross just didn't stop people who he felt were acting in Starfleet's best interest in the state of war they were in. Sisko's not a bad captain, so Ross isn't a badmiral. :anxious:
2 Likes
*cough*cough*Ashkeph*cough*
3 Likes
Admiral Perim! She left us!
3 Likes
wrote:
*cough*cough*Ashkeph*cough*

I object! Askeph did the right thing, and sacrificed her Starfleet career for it. That sounds more like heroism to me. #ashkephwasright
5 Likes
Does Commodore Razor count?
2 Likes
I would take Decker and Alt Dim Janeway out of the questionable list.

Cornwell would go straight up into the BAD list
1 Like
I think a significant defining parameter of "Bad" is no regret or remorse for your actions or decisions.

Spoiler: Show
In spite of what could have been a massive atrocity were Michael not able to convince her to reverse her decision, the fact is Cornwell did make the decision to avert genocide before it was too late, so I would say keeping her in the 'Questionable' category makes sense.
1 Like
Spoiler: In reply to SaveshShow
I think, the fact that she HAD to be convinced, puts her in the BAD column; she's a Starfleet Admiral, no good one makes the decision of genocide. It's not excusable in any circumstance, whether or not it happened is irrelevent.

Oh and after saying that the Federation has no death penalty and then goes on to almost wipe out all Klingons is a huge hypocrisy.

Well, that's what I thought, which is why I put her there!
1 Like
@Sivath: Objection overruled! She violated protocol.
wrote:
I think, the fact that she HAD to be convinced, puts her in the BAD column; she's a Starfleet Admiral, no good one makes the decision of genocide. It's not excusable in any circumstance, whether or not it happened is irrelevent.

Oh and after saying that the Federation has no death penalty and then goes on to almost wipe out all Klingons is a huge hypocrisy.

That is a very good point.
1 Like
This thread needs to be renamed "The Badmiral List"
2 Likes
You alien filth in Starfleet pride yourself with your so called 'ethics' and 'high moral values'. But every time some officer reaches the top of your Pyramid Scheme Starfleet ranks, they go crazy. At least your superior Romulan allies are HONEST about what they are.
3 Likes
wrote:

Non spoiler reply, but there is a death penalty in the Federation for various crimes. One of them is visiting Talos IV, because it opens others up to the dangers of the Talosians.
1 Like