The Book of Boba Fett (Spoilers)

The more I see of that souped up N1 the more I love it. Also hwoa man, all those Prominent Characters on display.

3 Likes

it was like…

::squint::

… OH HELL NO THEY DIDN–

4 Likes

I can see him taking on the syndicate this season, with his core of experienced gunfighters and locals backing him, and pushing them out of his territory/off the planet, as well as finally providing a use for an old Clone Wars storyboard.

However, the Pykes are not a small organisation. Boba smacking them forcefully around is going to seriously annoy them. They’re not going to back down, any more than a mexican drugs cartel will back down. Boba will, at the least, have to dictate terms directly and personally to the Syndicate’s leadership at blaster point before they’ll back down.

Unless, of course, Cad Bane has ended up in an argument with, say, Luke Skywalker and lost, in which case they might well decline to further press their case, and Boba is left to deal with the Hutts.

1 Like

This entire episode was so well done. This is finally answering questions of what luke was doing after he essentially destroyed the empire this was a fantastic episode

3 Likes

That last episode had everything you could ask for, even a kaiju battle.

2 Likes

Biker: “Can you pick off a few of the fighters?”
Freetown Soldier: “I’m used to desert hunting.”
Roommate And I In Unison: “Kiss.”

3 Likes

Man the last episode. the Rancor stole the show. I wish they had kept Cad Bane a bit longer though, I wonder if that beeping is to open up introducing Thrawn though…

2 Likes

WILL TRADE CAD BANE FOR THRAWN ANY DAY.

1 Like

They must have had so much fun with this episode.
Rancor vs Battle Mecha
Rancor doing King Kong climb.
Grogu demonstrating the power of the Force.
The only ‘emergency fix’ I thought they might have missed was Din disappearing off to break out the N1, as one has to suspect that battle mecha shields vs a strafing run would have been one-sided.
And I very much suspect that we haven’t seen the last of Cad Bane. For a start, I’m sure that Ahsoka would quite like to get a piece of him. Plus, he’s an excellent villain, and he’s already survived Boba trying to kill him once.

Did that last episode seem extremely… wrong, to anybody else?

Okay, I know the entire show(s) can be affectionately boiled down to “Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni smashing Star Wars toys together”, but something about this season finale seemed different from their usual work, and not in a good way. At one point (right before the fighting starts, Din is telling Boba he won’t leave his side while they wait inside the ruined cantina, Din literally finishes with This is the way), I had the sudden feeling that I was watching a parody.

But even brushing aside the clumsy dialogue and the questionable setup for the main event, the action sequences themselves seemed strange to me. There was a really heavy use of slow motion falls, and some (in my humble opinion) bad fade-zoom shots of Boba’s face after he finishes Cad.

I picked up on a kind of dire stakes action → pause to check in with the characters → new dire stakes action format going on that felt more akin to a Marvel movie. If I compare it to, say, the Tusken raider train attack sequence earlier in the season (which had a really exciting flow that carried through the whole sequence), it looks like an entirely different show.

So, don’t lynch me, but for me this was certainly the weakest episode yet. I’m curious if anyone else felt this too, or if I’m just reaching my saturation point for this style/going crazy. I enjoyed the majority of this show, I even would’ve watched Boba becoming Fett-of-Arabia a la the Tuskens for a few more episodes than we got (though it’s probably best we didn’t). But this finale has me pretty turned off.

1 Like

I didn’t think it was that amazing, though I admit I don’t go into these shows thinking too hard. I was mostly in it for the (death) of reallywontdie and Grogu stunts. Really wanted the little punk to pick up the darksaber and cut things with it. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I wasn’t thinking too hard about it.
Just sitting back to watch the mayhem and see how they solved the problems (has Boba never heard of landmines?).
I really hope that Bane has indeed survived Boba trying to kill him again, if only because I’d love to see Ahsoka getting her hands on him (and putting him out of an airlock). Oh, and calling him a Sleemo.

1 Like

It was cool to see. but i will agree it was far from their best work. jury is still out if i like Book of Bobba Fett. we got like 3 episodes of Bobba, and essentially Mandalorian season 2.5

1 Like

Personally I loved everything about the show. Even with the marvel type action, I don’t mind it. For me Star Wars is a popcorn movie/series. I turn it on and don’t have to look into it too deeply for meaning. part of the fun is just watching stuff blow up and seeing space wizards do things.