The Endeavor System 101

Hello.

A while back I found a very helpful guide for how to complete the various endeavors here.

I thought I'd make a post here to help anyone that might be wondering how to get started, as well add a few personal notes of my own for the best ways to do them.

So to start out, what is the Endeavor system? Well, to put it in simple terms, the endeavors are a selection of four randomly chosen tasks for you to complete doing various things in game. These tasks range from harvesting space materials, completing missions, or even doing X-amount of X-type damage. There are four tiers of tasks, Green, Blue, Red, and finally Gold. Gold tier tasks are the universal Endeavors which means everyone gets the same task.

Upon completing each task you get a reward box, and a set of XP to level up your endeavor level. For completing the Gold tier and the Red tier, you are rewarded an epic box and a very rare box, both which reward you with five random selections of Energy Credits, Choice of Reputation Marks, R&D materials, Dilithium, or a boost of XP for your specialization levels. However the biggest difference between the Red and Gold tier rewards is that the Gold tier only awards you with a small amount of 400 XP to boost your Endeavor level, while the Red Tier awards you with 8,000 XP. Following Red, is the Yellow Tier, which rewards you a Rare box. The rare box only rewards you with two of the random prizes, and gives you 3,200 XP for your Endeavor leveling. the finial tier is the Green, also usually the easiest task to do, rewards you with an uncommon box that includes only one random selection of prizes and 650 XP. It is worth noting that Red, yellow and green reward boxes have a small chance of rewarding you with a reroll token.

What's a reroll token you ask? Well, with personal endeavors (The Red, Yellow and Green tier missions), you get three random tasks to finish, if for some reason you are unable to do one of the tasks, you can spend a reroll token to get a different task. Do be careful when spending your reroll tokens, there is a limit to how many you can have stored at once and replacing them can only be done by getting more reward boxes from completing your endeavors. (Also as a side note, when you use a reroll token, there is no guaranteed of getting an easier task, you may find yourself with a harder mission to finish then before.)

Leveling your endeavor level. As you'll have seen above, I mentioned that each tasks gives you a set of XP, that XP is used to increase your endeavor level, it takes 20,000 XP to level up. When you level up, you are given three random trait options to increase, some will be space and some will be ground. These traits help you improve your damage, critical skills, increase your health, and resistance to damage. Almost anything you can think of really.

Now, in the link I provided above, you'll find a list of just about every endeavor that is known, and a list of places to do them. However, I am going to provide my tips that I use to help get the endeavors out of the way if you are just wanting to get them done.

First up, when it comes to dealing damage on the ground, I highly recommend just going to Kobali Prime to finish them. You get two of your Boffs to help, just equip them with the weapons you need to deal damage with.

Defeating enemies. This is a common one you can get. The trickiest one is the Dewan Arthropods (Scorpions) in my experience. What I like to do is go to Nimbus 3 and find the lowest populated zone you can. Even on the best day it may take a while since there is almost guaranteed to be at least two or three more players doing the same thing. The best thing you can do is kill as many of the scorpions as you can and wait for them to respawn.

When it comes to defeating Borg on the ground, I like to just hope over to Defera zone, run to the power plant and head to level 2. I recommend having a decent set of armor and at least the ZC shotgun, or the Tommy Gun for this since it is very easy to get swarmed by Borg Drones.

Terran ground, I do not recommend running the Terok Nor TFO for this one. It will almost without a doubt take you much longer then you are prepared to spend doing. But luckily there is a stress free alternative way, Para Pacem. You can defeat up to sixty Terrans on the ground with ease.

One that a lot of players have issues with is defeating captains on the ground, for this one I highly recommend the mission Home. Speaking of the mission Home, this one is great for when you need to knock out taking on Hur'q Attendants since there are literally hundreds of them throughout the mission, same with the Hur'q ships.

Destroying Dreadnoughts, for this one, I can honestly say the easiest way to do this if you have to take on more then one, is to do Hive Onslaught advanced. If you just need the one, a run on Infected: The Conduit (advanced) would be the simplest.

Destroying destructible torpedoes; There are four main ways to do this one, the easiest would be to run the mission Empress Sela, the battle of Vulcan will have plenty of destructible plasma torpedoes flying around provided you have Beam Fire at Will, or even hanger pets. Another alternative is to find a friend that has a hanger bay with Scorpion fighters and set up a private PVP match. Or you can run the TFO Operation Riposte as the planetary missiles count. Or the mission Scylla and Charybdis if you are fast enough to intercept the protomatter bombs.

Ground Tzenkethi, I recommend the mission Of Signs and Portents, there is a short space part prior to the ground, however once you reach the planet, there are plenty of Tzenkethi to kill.

Harvesting Materials used to be easier, however it seems that Cryptic recently patched over the method I used to use. So my best recommendation is to run your favorite ground maps where you can find materials to harvest, drop the mission, beam up, and reclaim the mission to repeat.

At this time, these are the best tips I can offer, if there is one I forgotten, or one that you want to know more about, I will do my best to update the list, in the meantime, have fun with the endeavors.
3 Likes