The official Mass Effect: Andromeda thread

As the game is scheduled to release soon (or, apparently, even sooner if you have EA Access), it's now time.

ALL post-release DISCUSSION OF Mass Effect: Andromeda SHOULD GO IN THIS THREAD.

Do not continue reading if you do not want spoilers. Posters are welcome to use spoiler tags to cover things up, but if you are reading this thread, you should probably generally be receptive to having the game ruined for you if you haven't seen it yet.

If you end up posting spoilers or discussion points in the shoutbox or in the OOC channels in game, I cannot be held responsible for the possible on-high retribution that may occur.
5 Likes
9Dlwgze.png
7 Likes
Because I refuse to waste any of my remaining trial time to figure out how to take screenshots in Origin: Here's my spaceman.
tumblr_omvzd5elxf1uklgi3o1_540.jpg

I love the game so far, but the character creator seems like a step back from DAI, and it genuinely seems like some parts of the game were specifically designed to waste trial time (like the neat, but lengthy, animations that play when you jump to a new star system or examine an new planet).
I'm enjoying the game from what I've played of it so far. There's something about everyone's eyes that really bother me. Like the colours are too solid. But otherwise I've been having fun
Spoiler: Show
completely blowing first contact. With bullets. And fists.
Because I refuse to waste any of my remaining trial time to figure out how to take screenshots in Origin:
Put Origin in your Steam Library as a non Steam game and you can take screenshots in it like normal.
wrote:
Put Origin in your Steam Library as a non Steam game and you can take screenshots in it like normal.

I think this sums up Origin in a nutshell.
2 Likes
If you're using an Nvidia Graphics card and have the GeForce Experience its Alt+F1 and then it should be in your "videos" folder under "This PC"
1 Like
Spoiler: Looking good so farShow

From beyond the trial ending.

"Also, the accent, the accent is...it's not the only thing but uh, okay I should just go over there to the piloting thing."
1 Like
I am the best driving:

In other news, here is my Ryder:
3894350.jpg

3894353.jpg

Turned out ok, despite the rather limited character creation options.
2 Likes
I was surprised my copy arrived in the mail today, I was expecting it on Friday. I've only scratched the surface but the task ahead of you feels massive, hope the game won't disappoint!
1 Like
I won't be buying/playing it until after I finish Zelda. I've been hearing good things about it though. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Anyone know of a good Fem!Ryder Let's Play? And by "good" I mean, plays the game and doesn't talk too damn much. :)
Anyone know of a good Fem!Ryder Let's Play? And by "good" I mean, plays the game and doesn't talk too damn much. :)

Well here is 14min of me playing. :d But not really a Lets Play.
Just beat the game on the first playthrough as Fem Ryder, quite happy with the way she looked and how I played her
3a5089a930381fbc0d11f5d756ca5210.png
1 Like
The question everyone has been wondering: Does Ryder dance better than Shepard?

Herp Derp.
1 Like
I just got to the "aftergame" Stage of Zelda so I'll probably be getting to this game soon!
Angara are like the Mass Effect version of Varanaka. They even come in a multitude of bright and happy colours! Obviously, my Ryder wants to be friends with them, she even dyed her hair.
3 Likes
Me watching a cut scene over Krag's shoulder:

Spoiler: Cut Scene Convo might have a Story SpoilerShow
Me: Um, that looks like its about to explode.

Krag: It is!

Me: What did you do to make it explode?

Krag: I PUSHED THE RED BUTTON! It was awesome!

Both of us watch the ensuing semi-cut-scene-semi-game-play escape from the explosion...

Me: That's some awesome explody graphics.

Krag: YES!
3 Likes